[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas gets hosed by the computer

theeohiostate

Truth of the matter, I'm a bit frustrated. I liked our chances against OU in the Fiesta Bowl far better then Texas. Texas has a much better defense. OU would have been like cutting through swiss cheese.

I'm certainly jealous of the Florida fans being able to wax yet another overrated team in the National Championship. I had no idea my Bucks were that bad, now poor OU fans get to feel the same pain, but more blindly.

OK if you say Texas belonged in the Big 12 title game and OU was going to the Fiesta, then I say TT desrves a BCS casue...........well

39-33

TT fans can argue that TT desevers anything b4 UT gets it. oh and so many people are saying that UT got beat on 1 play with no time left, I beg to differ, UT was down 22-6 at halftime and only led for less than 1:30 and they lost on one play (bunch of crap) they were playing from behing the whole game and couldn't stop TT when it mattered.

TX TXTECH

First Downs 18 31

Third Down Efficiency 4-12 8-16

Fourth Down Efficiency 1-1 0-0

Plays-Net Yards 62-374 81-579

Rushes-Yds 28-80 28-105

Passing Yds 294 474

Kick Return Yds 103 57

Punt Return Yds 45 0

Passes 20-34-1 36-53-0

Punts 5-252 4-138

Fumbles-Lost 2-1 2-1

Penalties-Yds 8-56 8-78

Time of Poss. 23:7 36:53

TT dominated this game and deserved the win and every OU hater on this board wants to discount this loss, well it didnt happen so get over it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, did a little research on this and the failure to communicate here is this. "If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format" doesn't mean the bottom team is eliminated and we move on with the top two. It means, if Team A and Team B have the same Strength of Victory but Team C's is lower then Team C is eliminated. In the example Sgt Ryan gave, OU is the tie breaker winner and the rest of the information actually becomes moot and shouldn't even be considered. However...

Strength of Victory isn't highest ranked team beat, it's net points scored(points for vs points against). So that entire example may be moot. I didn't do the math and I'm not gonna.

I agree to a point with you det but he didnt post the whole link.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

So in H2H with the 3 teams its a tie

In won lost % its a tie

Won lost % common oppents its a tie

won lost within conf it is a tie

strrength of victory this is where it gets muddy

Strength of victory is this: strength of victory is figured by calculating the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten.

So i will do the math and post it later............but once one (a) team wins a tiebreaker over the other two then the two reaming teams revert to the 2 clubs tied format and if the strentgh of victory goes OU's way then TT beats Texas in the two club format with H2H

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

Strength of victory is this: strength of victory is figured by calculating the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten.

So i will do the math and post it later............

Ok sarge but we lose this one the chatt and wash games are the killer,

UT's opponents winning % is .560 (74-58)

OU's is .5267 (69-62)

TT is .5267 (69-62)

So after UT wins the strength of victory tiebreaker if it needed to go further then OU and TT would revert to the two club tiebreaker format and OU would win the first breaker H2H.

Althought, UT played the patsy schedule the teams they played at least won some games there non confopp's were 25-23, OU's were 21-26, so just be glad we don't use the NFL tiebreakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

1. Have you actually looked at the picture of you on the blog. That shirt and Hat are simply hilarious. Seriously, is that you Darin. Id think for sure that was a blackmail picture, not something you gave up to the site at your own free will. :wacko:

2, Yawn

3. If you could read, you would have read a Techie was responsible, not OU. you Idiot. But why let the facts get in the way of the BS you decide to make up.

4. Liar

5. You have no idea.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?act=...arin3&st=50

Darin, the link above are all the posts you have provided to this college forum. Look at 2005, you showed no excitement what so ever Texas winning the National Championship. Opps... 1990's Huh. LIAR.

Look dude, you tried to jump on the Mavericks bandwagon when they were on their way to the title game as well. Dont think the search function wont find this as well.

Darin - Just so we all know, exactly what all teams do you support these days?

1. :D Whatever, ya fat little twerp.

2. Hey, a word you can spell correctly.

3. When I posted, it was unclear whether or not an OU or Tech supporter was responsible. Fatass clown. :D

4. I'm lying about you not having any clue how to use a comma? And you think some search here proves anything? Idiot. Why don't you use those little Vienna sausages you call fingers and drum up some search showing how I "jumped on the Mavs bandwagon". "Opps" ... If you think this is "getting on the bandwagon", you're dumber than anyone thought... ... I simply chose to steer clear of your pathetic, confrontational ass in the college forum before this season... it shouldn't and doesn't peg me as someone who didn't enjoy college football and rooted for a team that I had no concrete ties to. Sure, my move to Austin has magnified my liking of this team... but I've been rootin' for 'em since college. I don't need to keep explaining this.

5. Oh I think I do, "Brent". Unlike you, I don't have to prove my manliness by talking a bunch of crap on an internet forum. So, since I feel satisfied that I've shown who's right and who's wrong... I'm done with this. I won't ever respond to any of your filth again :D

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Sgt Ryan.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Sgt Ryan

Ahh, peace and quiet...

Edited by darin3

OK if you say Texas belonged in the Big 12 title game and OU was going to the Fiesta, then I say TT desrves a BCS casue...........well

39-33

TT fans can argue that TT desevers anything b4 UT gets it. oh and so many people are saying that UT got beat on 1 play with no time left, I beg to differ, UT was down 22-6 at halftime and only led for less than 1:30 and they lost on one play (bunch of crap) they were playing from behing the whole game and couldn't stop TT when it mattered.

TX TXTECH

First Downs 18 31

Third Down Efficiency 4-12 8-16

Fourth Down Efficiency 1-1 0-0

Plays-Net Yards 62-374 81-579

Rushes-Yds 28-80 28-105

Passing Yds 294 474

Kick Return Yds 103 57

Punt Return Yds 45 0

Passes 20-34-1 36-53-0

Punts 5-252 4-138

Fumbles-Lost 2-1 2-1

Penalties-Yds 8-56 8-78

Time of Poss. 23:7 36:53

TT dominated this game and deserved the win and every OU hater on this board wants to discount this loss, well it didnt happen so get over it.

You can easily dismiss the TTU game. THEY GOT A SIXTY SPOT PUT ON THEM. If that happens, you aren't that good. End of story. To me, Oklahoma gets in, because they have a better overall resume than Texas does, not because they beat TTU and Texas didn't. So yeah, I discount the Oklahoma-TTU game (in terms of arguing why Texas over Oklahoma is more relevant) because when you get 60 put up on you, your defense completely sucks, and you weren't that good to begin with. Sorry but any self respecting defense, of a team in the "top 10" should NEVER let that happen. My argument for Oklahoma was the fact that not only did they beat TTU, but they beat TCU, Cincy, OK State in Stillwater (again, OU has a quality road win, Texas does not). Texas has their win over Oklahoma, and that's about it. And that's a lot, but according to the gospel known as the BCS, it isn't enough.

1. Have you actually looked at the picture of you on the blog. That shirt and Hat are simply hilarious. Seriously, is that you Darin. Id think for sure that was a blackmail picture, not something you gave up to the site at your own free will. :wacko:

2, Yawn

3. If you could read, you would have read a Techie was responsible, not OU. you Idiot. But why let the facts get in the way of the BS you decide to make up.

4. Liar

5. You have no idea.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?act=...arin3&st=50

Darin, the link above are all the posts you have provided to this college forum. Look at 2005, you showed no excitement what so ever Texas winning the National Championship. Opps... 1990's Huh. LIAR.

Look dude, you tried to jump on the Mavericks bandwagon when they were on their way to the title game as well. Dont think the search function wont find this as well.

Darin - Just so we all know, exactly what all teams do you support these days?

You forgot to make your self-proclamation that you schooled him, and you also forgot to call him a 'tool'.

1. :D Whatever, ya fat little twerp.

2. Hey, a word you can spell correctly.

3. When I posted, it was unclear whether or not an OU or Tech supporter was responsible. Fatass clown. :D

4. I'm lying about you not having any clue how to use a comma? And you think some search here proves anything? Idiot. Why don't you use those little Vienna sausages you call fingers and drum up some search showing how I "jumped on the Mavs bandwagon". "Opps" ... If you think this is "getting on the bandwagon", you're dumber than anyone thought... ... I simply chose to steer clear of your pathetic, confrontational ass in the college forum before this season... it shouldn't and doesn't peg me as someone who didn't enjoy college football and rooted for a team that I had no concrete ties to. Sure, my move to Austin has magnified my liking of this team... but I've been rootin' for 'em since college. I don't need to keep explaining this.

5. Oh I think I do, "Brent". Unlike you, I don't have to prove my manliness by talking a bunch of crap on an internet forum. So, since I feel satisfied that I've shown who's right and who's wrong... I'm done with this. I won't ever respond to any of your filth again :D

Ahh, peace and quiet...

If I'm a fat ass, you are Jaba The Hut. And I was referring to the shirt and hat, and the retard look on your face. You could easily be confused with Corky in that picture.

It wasnt unclear, it said it in the article. Dumb ass.

And you failed to tell us each team you support. And we all know why, because its whichever team is hottest that season.

THe Cubs, The Ducks after they won a Championship, The Whorns, I suppose its still the Bears, but that could have changed to Tennessee by now. :wacko:

Unlike you, you sackless tool, I root for every team in Dallas and my Sooners. Been a Sooner for 30 years. Never waivered, never kinda liked anyone else. But whatever works for you :D

To satisfy Menudos request, Ive schooled your ass in every sport, and league we have shared. You think you know IDP, but have never finished ahead of me in any of the IDP leagues we have shared. You hung on my sack when I was writing here, now you are swinging from Kegs sack, and that is like the blind leading the blind. If you could only really ignore me from now on, and never waiver on those words, I might actually gain an ounce of respect for something you said.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

I still think if FLA beats Bama, and OU takes care of business tonight, Texas should advance to play OU for the National Championship. There is nothing FLA has done that Texas hasnt, and Texas has beaten a #1 team, and 3 more ranked teams, while FLA to date has beaten one ranked team, GA, and they are ranked #19. Texas lost on the road to Tech who is #7, while FLA lost at home to Ole Miss.

Texas has more quality wins, a better quality loss on the road, played a stronger SOS, played in a stronger conference, and beat the #1 team on a neutral field

Florida has fewer quality wins, 1 to date, 2 total, a terrible home loss to Ole Miss, played a weaker SOS, played in a weaker conference, and if they win today beat the #1 team on a neutral field

There is no way Florida is more deserving than Texas, if OU and FLA win today. Mack should have a plane with all of this going overhead the dome today. :wacko:

I still think if FLA beats Bama, and OU takes care of business tonight, Texas should advance to play OU for the National Championship. There is nothing FLA has done that Texas hasnt, and Texas has beaten a #1 team, and 3 more ranked teams, while FLA to date has beaten one ranked team, GA, and they are ranked #19. Texas lost on the road to Tech who is #7, while FLA lost at home to Ole Miss.

Texas has more quality wins, a better quality loss on the road, played a stronger SOS, played in a stronger conference, and beat the #1 team on a neutral field

Florida has fewer quality wins, 1 to date, 2 total, a terrible home loss to Ole Miss, played a weaker SOS, played in a weaker conference, and if they win today beat the #1 team on a neutral field

There is no way Florida is more deserving than Texas, if OU and FLA win today. Mack should have a plane with all of this going overhead the dome today. :wacko:

If I was an OU fan, I would want to play Texas rather than the SEC Champion as well. In this, Sarge and I both agree.

The fact still remains that there's simply not enough quality OOC games played by enough top schools to validate the decision to have the NC game feature two schools from the same conference. And don't get me wrong, OU played two very solid OOC games this year, especially for a team that also had to contend with what could very possibly be the best conference in the country.

And yes, I said possibly because we simply don't know. The Big 12 sure looks great. Well, at least the Big 3 do, but who really knows. OU beat UC and TCU, and UT beat a hapless Arkansas team, but we really don't know how these teams stack up against the best of the SEC. There's no reliable transitive argument here. And lacking one, it seems foolish to waste the one game college FB puts aside to decide it's best team by having two teams that have already played and have proven themselves against virtually the same schedule, have at it again.

What happens if Tech, Missouri, and Kansas all get murdered in whatever bowl games they play in. Then TCU gets punked and UC loses the Orange Bowl badly? Then we're sitting here with two teams who've played each other already and whom everyone they built their arguments on having been dismantled on the National stage. Then FL pounds whomever they get in the Sugar Bowl. This is something the BCS will never live down.

I suppose it would look bad if OU crushes FL and UT crushes OSU, but I guess I just don't see anyone crushing FL.

Let's not forget how Oklahomo's Coach Stoop-id voted in the last Coaches Poll last season. :D

My guess is he caught alot of slack over that last year, thus he refrained from voting this season. :wacko:

1 Oklahama

2 Ohio State

3 Missouri

4 Kansas

5 Virginia Tech

6 LSU

7 USC

8 Georgia

9 Arizona St

10 Hawaii

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=234466

HILARIOUS ! !

I wouldn't expect a response from any OU fans around here about that stooge of a coach though.

If I'm a fat ass, you are Jaba The Hut. And I was referring to the shirt and hat, and the retard look on your face. You could easily be confused with Corky in that picture.

It wasnt unclear, it said it in the article. Dumb ass.

And you failed to tell us each team you support. And we all know why, because its whichever team is hottest that season.

THe Cubs, The Ducks after they won a Championship, The Whorns, I suppose its still the Bears, but that could have changed to Tennessee by now. :wacko:

Unlike you, you sackless tool, I root for every team in Dallas and my Sooners. Been a Sooner for 30 years. Never waivered, never kinda liked anyone else. But whatever works for you :D

To satisfy Menudos request, Ive schooled your ass in every sport, and league we have shared. You think you know IDP, but have never finished ahead of me in any of the IDP leagues we have shared. You hung on my sack when I was writing here, now you are swinging from Kegs sack, and that is like the blind leading the blind. If you could only really ignore me from now on, and never waiver on those words, I might actually gain an ounce of respect for something you said.

for sarge

AP Top 25

1. Florida (50) 12-1 1,602

2. Oklahoma (9) 12-1 1,540

3. Texas (6) 11-1 1,530

4. Alabama 12-1 1,410

5. USC 11-1 1,372

6. Penn State 11-1 1,259

7. Utah 12-0 1,225

8. Texas Tech 11-1 1,193

9. Boise State 12-0 1,101

10. Ohio State 10-2 1,069

11. TCU 10-2 921

12. Cincinnati 11-2 863

13. Oklahoma State 9-3 853

14. Georgia Tech 9-3 761

15. Oregon 9-3 710

16. Georgia 9-3 599

17. Brigham Young 10-2 477

18. Pittsburgh 9-3 428

19. Michigan State 9-3 423

20. Mississippi 8-4 389

21. Virginia Tech 9-4 318

22. Northwestern 9-3 262

23. Ball State 12-1 249

24. Oregon State 8-4 163

25. Missouri 9-4 150

Assuming the USA Today poll mimics the AP, Florida has their ticket punched and Texas is heading to Arizona.

Coaches Poll

1 Oklahoma 1482

2 Florida 1481

3 Texas 1408

4 Southern California

4 Alabama

6 Penn State

7 Utah

8 Texas Tech

9 Boise State

10 Ohio State

11 TCU

12 Cincinnati

13 Oregon

14 Oklahoma State

15 Georgia Tech

16 Brigham Young

17 Georgia

18 Michigan State

19 Virginia Tech

20 Northwestern

21 Pittsburgh

22 Ball State

23 Missouri

24 Mississippi

25 Oregon State

Interesting to see all the coaches who tried to move Texas over OU , appeared to vote for Florida over OU. One point separates Florida and OU and last week it was one point OU over Texas. It seems very clear there are a huge amount of coaches who feel OU didn't deserve the NC Game over Texas or Florida.

The Harris will have also have Florida over OU . Making it overwhelming in favor of Florida over OU in the human polls. The computer saved OU over Texas last week and will do the same this week for #1 over Florida. It's a shame that these computers have more influence then people watching the actual games.

Edited by theeohiostate

Coaches Poll

Interesting to see all the coaches who tried to move Texas over OU , appeared to vote for Florida over OU. One point separates Florida and OU and last week it was one point OU over Texas. It seems very clear there are a huge amount of coaches who feel OU didn't deserve the NC Game over Texas or Florida.

The Harris will have also have Florida over OU . Making it overwhelming in favor of Florida over OU in the human polls. The computer saved OU over Texas last week and will do the same this week for #1 over Florida. It's a shame that these computers have more influence then people watching the actual games.

Hey Dumbass the coaches have OU #1, so how is there a huge amount of coches feel OU doesnt deserve to be in the NC game over FLA or Texas. :wacko:

Really, 31 coaches voted OU #1, as opposed to 26 voting FLA #1, and 4 voted Texas #1. So by my math 31 coaches see OU as the best team, compared to 30 for everyone else combined. Opps

The facts say OU is ranked #1 in the coaches poll, but according to you the coaches show us all there are a huge amount of coaches that (feel :D) OU shouldnt be here. :D

Another thing dumbass, OU is over FLA in the coaches poll. SO how is FLA an overwhelming favor over OU in the human polls.

Do you still think there is a USA Today poll and a Coaches poll? :D

Geez, are you really this stupid Mike. Seriously, I thought you had a few screws loose, but this is getting ridiculous. Its like every post is either a complete lie, or you are really this ignorant. WOW :D

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Not fishin dude. Its a GAME, designed to entertain you. Chill and enjoy you're teams success. Sheesh.

Oh my. I was referring to me as fishing. WOW :wacko:

And the game doesnt entertain me nearly as much as some of the tools in this forum. The OU games are over by halftme, so the entertainment value for them is usually 30 minutes or so before its a laugher. The games here last much longer and are far more entertaining to me.

Hey Dumbass the coaches have OU #1, so how is there a huge amount of coches feel OU doesnt deserve to be in the NC game over FLA or Texas. :wacko:

Either you can't read, understand English or maybe just being a moran is enough.

I'll simplify it so even a man with a 2 year old's brain may understand, okay. O K A Y ?

Last week the coaches moved heavily in favor of Texas to try to undo a complete wrong they had in previous weeks voted on. This week those coaches seem to have taken the same approach and moved those votes towards Florida. There was a MAJOR movement in last weeks and this weeks Coaches Poll, that certainly shows them going away from OU. They are certainly correct in doing so, most of them as well as us non blindass homers would like to see a good game. OU simply can't give us that, as illustrated in recent history against USC, WVA and Boise. St.

Dumbass, Please refute the facts and stop making yourself look silly ignorant. :D

Please answer a simple question. Did you think OU would beat WVA , Boise St and USC too ? :D

Nuff said !

Edited by theeohiostate

Either you can't read, understand English or maybe just being a moran is enough.

I'll simplify it so even a man with a 2 year old's brain may understand, okay. O K A Y ?

Last week the coaches moved heavily in favor of Texas to try to undo a complete wrong they had in previous weeks voted on. This week those coaches seem to have taken the same approach and moved those votes towards Florida. There was a MAJOR movement in last weeks and this weeks Coaches Poll, that certainly shows them going away from OU. They are certainly correct in doing so, most of them as well as us non blindass homers would like to see a good game. OU simply can't give us that, as illustrated in recent history against USC, WVA and Boise. St.

Dumbass, Please refute the facts and stop making yourself look silly ignorant. :wacko:

Please answer a simple question. Did you think OU would beat WVA , Boise St and USC too ? :D

Nuff said !

OK Ill play your game.

Last week OU had 2 1st place votes to FLas 1 1st place vote and Bama had the other 58

THis week OU has 31 1st place votes taking 29 votes from Bama

This week FLA has 26 1st place votes taking 25 votes from Bama

This week Texas has 4 1st place votes, taking 4 votes from Bama.

So last week OU led both Texas and FLA in total votes and 1st place votes.

This week OU leads both Texas and FLA in total votes and 1st place votes combined.

OU had a 1 pt advantage over Texas in the coaches poll last week. This week that advantage over Texas is 74 :D

OU had a 13 pt avantage over FLA in the coaches poll last , and this week the lead is 1.

So what this tells me is OU and FLA split Bamas votes, actually OU took 29 1st place votes from Bama, to Fla taking 25 1st place votes from Bama. Since OU had a 2-1 lead in 1st place votes last week.

SO FLA took votes away from Texas to gain ground on OU. Obviously OU took more of Bamas votes than FLA did, so the ground made up by FLA is FLA taking back the votes they were behind from Texas.

Thus Texas lost ground to both OU and FLA, making it obvious the coaches do not think Texas should be playing in this game over OU.

So as usual you are wrong again. OU took more votes away from Bama than FLA did. FLA just took back votes the coaches gave to Texas last week, but as we can see the coaches changed 73 votes towards OU over Texas from last week to this week as well.

So FLA gained ground on OU, but it was at Texas expense, as OU took more 1st place votes away from Bama than FLA did.

I love a moron who calls me a moran. :D

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Oh my. I was referring to me as fishing. WOW :wacko:

And the game doesnt entertain me nearly as much as some of the tools in this forum. The OU games are over by halftme, so the entertainment value for them is usually 30 minutes or so before its a laugher. The games here last much longer and are far more entertaining to me.

Play with a kid, or hug a puppy or something. I mean, really....you have issues.