[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's to say

SLAYER

If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

OU wins the tie, so there are not 2 clubs tied here. This is how I read this. If say OU and Texas both beat Cincy, and Tech didnt play them, Tech would be eliminated because there are still 2 clubs tied. But Texas didnt beat Cincy, so they are not still tied with OU here. So its my opinion OU broke the tie, and won.

Dude, it is not that hard. You go down the list until one team is eliminated from consideration. I'm assuming that would happen at step 5 when you start comparing everyone's best victory. Honestly, I haven't looked up either UT or Tech's best victory (besides each other). However, one of them has a better one than the other. The team with the worst between those two is then eliminated. At that point, there are two teams tied. OU and someone else. If that someone else is UT, OU loses out because they go back to step one.

Edited by detlef

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in the other thread Sarge your Sooners got lucky. If they would have been playing in the SEC or the NFL they wouldn't be in the Big 12 conference championship game.

Of course we all know the old saying "I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Good" :wacko:

If they played in the SEC, they would be undefeated like Bama is, and Texas would be Big 12 champs.

Dude, it is not that hard. You go down the list until one team is eliminated from consideration. I'm assuming that would happen at step 5 when you start comparing everyone's best victory. Honestly, I haven't looked up either UT or Tech's best victory (besides each other). However, one of them has a better one than the other. The team with the worst between those two is then eliminated. At that point, there are two teams tied. OU and someone else. If that someone else is UT, OU loses out because they go back to step one.

If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

2 clubs do not remain tied OU won this tiebreak, thus both clubs Texas and Tech are eliminated.

Is this not how it reads.

I dont see it you just eliminate 1, then H2H the other 2. I see it you try and eliminate the tie, if you cant, you eliminate 1, and its H2H the other 2.

Didnt say it was that hard. But I see it differently. I may be wrong, but why eliminate 1, when you can eliminate 2. Just my .02

But either way, Im ready to put this to bed. Its time to look ahead to Missouri and the NC if we get past Missouri. Texas is in the rearview mirror at this point.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Like I said in the other thread Sarge your Sooners got lucky. If they would have been playing in the SEC or the NFL they wouldn't be in the Big 12 conference championship game.

Of course we all know the old saying "I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Good" :wacko:

That about sums up the facts in this case.

It's very telling to notice the defensive nature of some of these OU fans. Makes you wonder if they fell guilty about drawing the longest straw ?

That about sums up the facts in this case.

It's very telling to notice the defensive nature of some of these OU fans. Makes you wonder if they fell guilty about drawing the longest straw ?

In the NFL yes they would, and if they were in the Big 10, they would be co Champions as it is right now. Every conference picks its way of settling things.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

2 clubs do not remain tied OU won this tiebreak, thus both clubs Texas and Tech are eliminated.

Is this not how it reads.

I dont see it you just eliminate 1, then H2H the other 2. I see it you try and eliminate the tie, if you cant, you eliminate 1, and its H2H the other 2.

Didnt say it was that hard. But I see it differently. I may be wrong, but why eliminate 1, when you can eliminate 2. Just my .02

But either way, Im ready to put this to bed. Its time to look ahead to Missouri and the NC if we get past Missouri. Texas is in the rearview mirror at this point.

I agree. Oklahomas best victory was TCU(current BCS standings). UT and Techs best victory was OK State. Because TCU is ranked over OK State, Oklahoma wins the tiebreaker. No one else is tied with OU for best victory.