[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the most annoying commercial on TV is......

BeeR

The "lemmee upgrade" is at the top of my list, but all of the ones mentioned are very close behind... except the "tricked out name tag".... that wierd woman makes me laugh... dunno why. :wacko:

But, what is really starting to get to me is the NFL network. I never got the rap music thing, and really hate the angry ghetto flavor of it... and I use the word hate in it's non-overused watered down meaning. EVERY single thing, every highlight peice, even the freakin background music... I feel like I'm just inundated with this trash rap stuff. Everyone thinks they are gangstas.... no wonder idiots like Burress and PacMan do the things they do.

Heck, even country music would be better... or, dare I say, even disco?! Does anyone over 40 like this stuff? I long for the days of Motown, Marvin Gaye and Aretha... when music was, well, actually MUSIC! I guess I'm a fossil. I rememeber the days when everything wasn't "in your face" offensive. Those days are long gone....

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one that really annoys me is the Halls commercial with the dude in the elevator. Very cheesy green screening at the end. You would be amazed at how many of these high profile commercials are not even color corrected. Its excruciating to watch for me.

Why is it that only beer and car commericals seem to be able to get the whole commerical thing right!?!?

Is it just the material they have to work with ... or .... do they actually care about making a "good" memorable one as opposed to a "bad" memorable one (the kind you wish you could get out of your head)?

The Lexus best Christmas ever commercials are already getting on my nerves. I've seen the Big Wheel at least 20 times all ready, I'm sick of it and why doesn't that little pony start dropping little pony bombs on that nice white carpet in that living room?

+1

Please make them stop.

If you can, I'll send you a big, tricked out name tag. :wacko:

Wow. How fast they forget Saved By Zero.

My bad. Actually any commercial which uses old hit songs is annoying - hello morons, it won't make me like your product any more, in fact if anything I'll boycott it out of spite now because if anything you are screwing up my enjoyment of that song (er not the case w/that song though).

But, what is really starting to get to me is the NFL network. I never got the rap music thing, and really hate the angry ghetto flavor of it...
racist.

and I use the word hate in it's non-overused watered down meaning. EVERY single thing, every highlight peice, even the freakin background music... I feel like I'm just inundated with this trash rap stuff. Everyone thinks they are gangstas....

Welcome to today's NFL. word.

I long for the days of Motown, Marvin Gaye and Aretha... when music was, well, actually MUSIC! I guess I'm a fossil. I rememeber the days when everything wasn't "in your face" offensive. Those days are long gone....

Yes you are a clearly racist and a dinosaur and have no place here. You should move to Russia or Greenland or something. It's all about "street cred" and "having an edge" bro!

(actually I'm amazed the NFL Network still even exists - almost everything I hear/read from NFL fans is "screw them I'm not paying extra for that POS channel")

The talking baby for etrade makes me want to vomit in terror.

Another good call. That'd be good only around Halloween because it's creepy.

PS I thought the caveman ones were good at first but it's getting played out - stll I'd rather see that than the freaking lizard, unless it's being roasted over a spit that is.

Edited by BeeR

There is one now for some (I think) car insurance where there's some game show host and a mindless b**** squealing like a leaky balloon. wt*. People squealing does not entice me to want to buy your product, believe it or not.

However, "UP-grade" is now my most hated. Yes even worse than the GEICO lizard or jared.

any hatred out there for the e-insurance cartoon with the pink-haired b!tch? I cannot STAND that one! How on the F is that gonna make me want to buy insurance? I'm too distracted by how bad it is to even listen to what they are saying.

Yes that commercial style annoys the hell out of me as well.

My bad. Actually any commercial which uses old hit songs is annoying - hello morons, it won't make me like your product any more, in fact if anything I'll boycott it out of spite now because if anything you are screwing up my enjoyment of that song (er not the case w/that song though).

racist.

Welcome to today's NFL. word.

Yes you are a clearly racist and a dinosaur and have no place here. You should move to Russia or Greenland or something. It's all about "street cred" and "having an edge" bro!

(actually I'm amazed the NFL Network still even exists - almost everything I hear/read from NFL fans is "screw them I'm not paying extra for that POS channel")

Another good call. That'd be good only around Halloween because it's creepy.

PS I thought the caveman ones were good at first but it's getting played out - stll I'd rather see that than the freaking lizard, unless it's being roasted over a spit that is.

BeeR, you got me. Yes, the two 18 year old Italian twins that that live across the street and blast this rap stuff with lyrics like "and she aint afraid to admit she likes d### and gettin her Posly licked..." is clearly now mainstream Americana. I just haven't been able to keep up I guess. Oh, one of those twins was gone for a short time.... seems he hit his friend in the head with a hammer. They made him join the Marines... and 6 weeks later, he was back with a "medical" discharge. I guess I must hate Italians. I didn't know that before.

As for the NFL NW, there ARE in fact some great shows on it. They get players on to break down game film plays in terms of X's and O's. They also do some X n O shows by ex-players and coaches. Pretty good stuff. It's not all bad....