[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the most annoying commercial on TV is......

BeeR

I was scaling thru this whole thread in disbelief that no-one mentioned the "tailgate tested" adds. Can't believe it took till page 5... I've run out of Eye bleach cause of "Jimmy and his approved dog". :wacko::D

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was scaling thru this whole thread in disbelief that no-one mentioned the "tailgate tested" adds. Can't believe it took till page 5... I've run out of Eye bleach cause of "Jimmy and his approved dog". :wacko::D

Check the date stamps. The thread was recently bumped.

I recognize a couple of the ads mentioned, but nearly everything I watch is recorded... I fast-forward through commercials 95% of the time. DVR is the BEST invention ever. :D

OK... Maybe the NFL Sunday Ticket phone application is better. Close call. :wacko:

I recognize a couple of the ads mentioned, but nearly everything I watch is recorded... I fast-forward through commercials 95% of the time. DVR is the BEST invention ever. :wacko:

+1 a bazzilion there!

I'll watch the news w/o DVR during the week, but on Sat. & Sun. I DVR it! :D

2 Southwest comm I like...

Dude is driving the bags around in a circle on the tarmac, it's like a merry go round

music and all, you gotta watch close and listen.

Other SW comm is with the 2 guys who don't wanna go into that meeting,

their 'out of the office guys'...so they decide to sneak away, past the window,

first guy go's past it then taps the window BUSTING the second guy..makes me lol everytime!

commercials i hate, i don't watch or i mute them....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Radio more than tv, but is anyone else as sick (and disgusted) by some of the OnStar commercials? I get they are trying to pimp their service can be helpful in emergency situations, but do they really have to use calls(real or otherwise) from people who are really in pain and/or freaking out? I dont know about anyone else, but I dont want to hear a grown man moaning in severe pain nor a woman crying/in a panic because she's been in a wreck, is going into labor, and her mother is unconscious. The ones where people have locked themselves out or had their vehicle stolen are annoying, too, but I can tolerate those a little better. They're stooping too low with many of their ads, though, for my taste. :wacko:

Radio more than tv, but is anyone else as sick (and disgusted) by some of the OnStar commercials? I get they are trying to pimp their service can be helpful in emergency situations, but do they really have to use calls(real or otherwise) from people who are really in pain and/or freaking out? I dont know about anyone else, but I dont want to hear a grown man moaning in severe pain nor a woman crying/in a panic because she's been in a wreck, is going into labor, and her mother is unconscious. The ones where people have locked themselves out or had their vehicle stolen are annoying, too, but I can tolerate those a little better. They're stooping too low with many of their ads, though, for my taste. :wacko:

The home security commercials are very similar. Face it, fear sells, in America anyway.

That's because our loony society is desensitized and f-ed up well beyond belief; after all, the shows aren't much better. eg what's up with the mindless screaming/squealing ("WOOOOoooOOOooOOO") bimbos in the audience? It's like some insane harpies from hell. Bizarre is the kindest word for it. Whatever happened to simply applauding like an adult with a functioning brain? Small wonder I watch less and less TV and never "prime time."

Anyway, back to the topic.......not the worst I've ever seen by far but that ipad or i-whatever with the same 3 notes played over and over and over and.....gets my current vote.

I know those Charmin commercials with the "pieces left behind." That's kinda nasty, even as a cartoon, I've never had that problem and never even knew it was a common enough problem for a company to point out that thier TP doesn't do that, lol.

The thing with Geico commercials is the incredibly high level of cheesiness, their so dorky and lame it's just pathetic. I appreciate them wanting to keep it clean and family friendly and all that, that's respectable, but my God the humor are awful. And you can't get away from them, Geico is on evey f'n channel I turn to on TV and radio. I loathe that company for it.