[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BREAKING NEWS: Sources Confirm

Rockerbraves

What do you think of this hire IF it turns out to be true? :wacko:

"You can take this to the bank. Boise State’s Chris Petersen, will be the new head coach at Mississippi State University. The official announcement could come as soon as the completion of the SEC Title game. More later, when information becomes available."

http://spartyandfriends.com/2008/12/05/bre...mississippi-st/

c r a z y . I will believe when I see it - Boise State is a better gig than Miss State - and with all the schools that are coming after him now, and will be, why the eff would he take that job?

MSU is a chit gig- easily the worst in the SEC (save Vandy probly) lowest budget, Miss the state itself BLOWS - and he sure as hell ain't gonna do that well with so many good coaches and traditionally good teams in that conference.

wack

c r a z y . I will believe when I see it - Boise State is a better gig than Miss State - and with all the schools that are coming after him now, and will be, why the eff would he take that job?

MSU is a chit gig- easily the worst in the SEC (save Vandy probly) lowest budget, Miss the state itself BLOWS - and he sure as hell ain't gonna do that well with so many good coaches and traditionally good teams in that conference.

wack

I agree completely. If anyone can turn that school into a winning program, they should be put in charge of the US economy.

What happened to Croon?

I agree completely. If anyone can turn that school into a winning program, they should be put in charge of the US economy.

What happened to Croon?

Do you think that Ole Miss beat down he went thru last weekend had anything to do with it? :D

Geez...SEC people take those rivalries pretty serious aka Coach Tubby. :wacko:

Edited by Rockerbraves

Two things:

#1, Peterson makes ~$900k and was getting balked at regarding a raise this week, which is less money than Croom was being paid.

#2, What schools are coming after him now? He either passed on or got passed for the Washington job in his own backyard. The Oregon job that was his "out" at BSU was given to an heir this week instead of him. Not sure who else is hiring that would be a better fit.

Two things:

#1, Peterson makes ~$900k and was getting balked at regarding a raise this week, which is less money than Croom was being paid.

#2, What schools are coming after him now? He either passed on or got passed for the Washington job in his own backyard. The Oregon job that was his "out" at BSU was given to an heir this week instead of him. Not sure who else is hiring that would be a better fit.

Also if he's confident in himself and he does happen to do something really special at Miss State how much would he be in demand say 3 years down the road. To me it boils down to his confidence level.

Risk and Reward

Edited by Rockerbraves

Also if he's confident in himself and he does happen to do something really special at Miss State how much would he be in demand say 3 years down the road. To me it boils down to his confidence level.

If he had confidence in his abilities and concern about his future 3 years down the road, he would have been more considered at Washington. If this is serious, and I'd really be surprised if it is, I'm guessing he's peeved at BSU for dragging their feet on a contract and is using whatever leverage he has with other programs to get himself a deal.

Then again, getting a piece of that SEC contract with ESPN can't be a shabby deal. Especially if he can win some football games.

Two things:

1) money is the ONLY reason he would jump, and I think he is smart enough to know a better job is coming, or he uses it for leverage and gets a new deal

2) you have got to be joking. He is one of the best young coaches anywhere. period. He is on the short list for ANY good job that opens up across the country. He will be able to be very picky about his next gig - not sure the graveyard that is MSU is the answer

2) you have got to be joking. He is one of the best young coaches anywhere. period.

And his employer is balking at giving him a raise that would still keep him paid below average of Div. 1 head coaches.

He is on the short list for ANY good job that opens up across the country. He will be able to be very picky about his next gig - not sure the graveyard that is MSU is the answer

The question I asked is what jobs are open? What leverage does he have? He ought to be considered at Auburn not MSU. He ought to have been considered for other jobs closer to home and he turned those opportunities away. I'm not saying I'd leave BSU for MSU, but the fact of the matter is that they might pay him to be there and the Idaho State Board of Education may not.

1) money is the ONLY reason he would jump, and I think he is smart enough to know a better job is coming, or he uses it for leverage and gets a new deal

2) you have got to be joking. He is one of the best young coaches anywhere. period. He is on the short list for ANY good job that opens up across the country. He will be able to be very picky about his next gig - not sure the graveyard that is MSU is the answer

If you thought you had what it takes what better place to showcase your talents than the SEC. Don't forget before the Ole Ball Coach got to Florida they weren't exactly a powerhouse football program.

The question I asked is what jobs are open? What leverage does he have? He ought to be considered at Auburn not MSU. He ought to have been considered for other jobs closer to home and he turned those opportunities away. I'm not saying I'd leave BSU for MSU, but the fact of the matter is that they might pay him to be there and the Idaho State Board of Education may not.

If the Auburn AD was serious about the $$$$ won't get in the way, then I see Auburn taking a run at the highest level like Butch Davis.

Checking this out a bit more. The AD at MSU was an admin at Oregon while Peterson was there. The Boise newspaper has a story from Monday that says Peterson himself said he isn't leaving, but shoot, that's a lot more of a connection than I was aware of. Might be real and with a comfortable administration and nowhere to go but up in the richest conference in the land, he might jump ship.