[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OU vs Mizzou

BS Miscreant

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missouri is as advertised. Horrible. Any team that gives up 40+ points to Kansas and Illinois this season must be pathetic.

Looks like it'll be another track meet on how many times someone can get to the endzone without being touched. At least we had a good game earlier with some defensive prowess.

What's with the idiot in the carriage driving on the field ? Gotta be a local thing I guess.

Come on guys no spewing about how pitful OU"s D is its only 38-7 and 14 pts are off turnovers.

OUr D is decimated with injurys, OUr best RB is out and theres a clinic going on in KC.

Oh and btw, in the OU TT game and in this game OU has held the #4 and #5 scoring OFF's to 14 points (total) in the first half, thats just horrible!

Bob Stoops is an idiot. What's more important, escaping this game healthy or breaking a record. I guess we know what he values more. What a moran. Not wishing injury on anyone, but if one of his best players goes down with an injury trying to break a record, I can't say the coach didn't deserve it for his stupidity. :wacko:

Bob Stoops is an idiot. What's more important, escaping this game healthy or breaking a record. I guess we know what he values more. What a moran. Not wishing injury on anyone, but if one of his best players goes down with an injury trying to break a record, I can't say the coach didn't deserve it for his stupidity. :wacko:

Coach Stoop-id obviously feels insecure.

Texas 45 Oklahoma 35

And congrat to OU for a pasting they put on Mizzou. My comments weren't because I was rooting for Mizzou either. Just a fact that you risk injury in this physical game, and I really don't see the point in unnecessarily risking your players late in the game.

Come on guys no spewing about how pitful OU"s D is its only 38-7 and 14 pts are off turnovers.

OUr D is decimated with injurys, OUr best RB is out and theres a clinic going on in KC.

Oh and btw, in the OU TT game and in this game OU has held the #4 and #5 scoring OFF's to 14 points (total) in the first half, thats just horrible!

Not saying OU is not a good team but you've gotta be kidding me with the TT Mizzou high scoring thing. How many good defensive teams did they put up a bunch of points against?

And congrat to OU for a pasting they put on Mizzou. My comments weren't because I was rooting for Mizzou either. Just a fact that you risk injury in this physical game, and I really don't see the point in unnecessarily risking your players late in the game.

You do realize that they're playing for a national championship, right? Texas is right on their tail.

You do realize that they're playing for a national championship, right? Texas is right on their tail.

So it's really gonna make a difference if they score 55 or 62? Get real! The way the BCS turned out last week, everyone knew OU wins and they're in.

Stoops was fired up tonight at the end of this game. You think he is tired of hearing his team didnt deserve to be here, And what do you think its going to be like the next month hearing they cant win a BCS game. I loved watching Stoops get onto his guys even when this game was completely out of hand. Bob has plenty to motivate his guys after watching the 2nd half of tonights game. Im not going to make a scoring prediction, but I will say as a Sooner fan, Im very confident in my team, my coach, and the preparation for next months opponent. Lets get it on!

Bob Stoops is an idiot. What's more important, escaping this game healthy or breaking a record. I guess we know what he values more. What a moran. Not wishing injury on anyone, but if one of his best players goes down with an injury trying to break a record, I can't say the coach didn't deserve it for his stupidity. :D

I thought this was for having his best running back returning kickoffs. I am completely on board with Stoops playing his starters for 60 minutes. Clearly they came out of the locker room unmotivated, and he made his point, and they got more work. THere is over a month wait between now and their next game. They need to actually play there starters at least 60 minutes of one of these past 6 games of the season. :wacko:

Stoops was fired up tonight at the end of this game. You think he is tired of hearing his team didnt deserve to be here

The only way the Sooners will ever completely rid themselves of the nondeserving label is if the BCS gives them a rematch against Texas. Even if they beat Florida, people will still rightfully question how Texas was overlooked after beating Oklahoma by two scores on a neutral site.

Edited by Rockerbraves

The only way the Sooners will ever completely rid themselves of the nondeserving label is if the BCS gives them a rematch against Texas. Even if they beat Florida, people will still rightfully question how Texas was overlooked after beating Oklahoma by two scores on a neutral site.

yep

The same could be said for Texas if they got in over an Oklahoma team that had a more impressive resume, including the dismantling of Texas Tech, Oklahoma State in Stillwater, and now beating Mizzou more impressively on a neutral field. And btw, Texas still has to win a BCS Bowl game, to prove themselves too.

The same could be said for Texas if they got in over an Oklahoma team that had a more impressive resume, including the dismantling of Texas Tech, Oklahoma State in Stillwater, and now beating Mizzou more impressively on a neutral field. And btw, Texas still has to win a BCS Bowl game, to prove themselves too.

The way you feel today is how many people including myself felt back in 2003.

To me it's almost like 2003 all over again, but probably worse since the team that beat them this time is the team actually being overlooked.

The 2003 Sooner team was the highest scoring squad in Oklahoma's storied history, scoring 601 points to their opponents 214. The season included seven games of 50 points or more with the highlights including a 77–0 drubbing of Texas A&M and a 65–13 defeat of Texas. The team, led by Heisman Trophy winner Jason White, was billed as one of "the greatest college football teams of all time." This assumption was short-lived as the Sooners were upset in the Big 12 Championship Game by Kansas State. Due to their impressive strength of schedule, the Sooners were able to retain their position in the polls and their chance for the title. In a warm night in New Orleans, the Sooners were handed their second consecutive defeat and their first title loss; this time to an impressive LSU Tigers squad by a score of 21-14.

To me it's almost like 2003 all over again, but probably worse since the team that beat them this time is the team actually being overlooked.

The 2003 Sooner team was the highest scoring squad in Oklahoma's storied history, scoring 601 points to their opponents 214. The season included seven games of 50 points or more with the highlights including a 77–0 drubbing of Texas A&M and a 65–13 defeat of Texas. The team, led by Heisman Trophy winner Jason White, was billed as one of "the greatest college football teams of all time." This assumption was short-lived as the Sooners were upset in the Big 12 Championship Game by Kansas State. Due to their impressive strength of schedule, the Sooners were able to retain their position in the polls and their chance for the title. In a warm night in New Orleans, the Sooners were handed their second consecutive defeat and their first title loss; this time to an impressive LSU Tigers squad by a score of 21-14.

Acutally this years Sooner squad is the highest scoring team, not just in OU's history but in CFB history. And I would have so loved for that LSU/OU matchup that year to be anywhere other than in LA, too much home cookin. I hope when Jerry Land (New dallas field), as the cotton bowl is already slated to move there next year, becomes a player for the BCS NCG. So some day I hope to see OU palying for a NC at a field that is less than 4 hrs away.

Well in 2003, I knew Oklahoma was gonna get beat by LSU, because like this year, 2003 had a bunch of teams that couldn't play any defense in the Big 12. LSU in 2003 was outstanding on defense, and I knew it was gonna be a buzzsaw that OU was running into. Not to mention a hostile road environment.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Acutally this years Sooner squad is the highest scoring team, not just in OU's history but in CFB history.

Defense always wins championships. If offense was the case, Boise St, Hawaii and other high flying acts could succeed against the better D's.

Bama , Penn St, USC and Florida are light years above the competition this year in defense. I don't see anyway the highest scoring team in history can move the ball against any of them with any consistency. OU may be able to put up 30 points, the big problem is their defense would be shredded by any of those teams for 40+ points. Let's see what happens when this finesse team gets smacked in the mouth for 4 quarters by a much more physical style of play. OU will have less offensive possessions and their D will be wore down tremendously in the 2nd half.

Florida 42

OU 30

Well in 2003, I knew Oklahoma was gonna get beat by LSU, because like this year, 2003 had a bunch of teams that couldn't play any defense in the Big 12. LSU in 2003 was outstanding on defense, and I knew it was gonna be a buzzsaw that OU was running into. Not to mention a hostile road environment.

I love posts like this. Because this is all Stoops and his Sooners are going to be hearing for the next month. OU gave up 21 points to the #4 offense in the country coming into this game. They gave up 7 when the game was still in question. The same exact situation occured when OU played the #2 offense in the country, Texas Tech. Late touchdowns when the game was completely out of hand proved not to matter in either one of this dominating performances, but its one of the things people are questioning the Sooners. And lets be honest, the only defense FLA played all season was Bama, and they looked slow at the LB position. IM not so sure the SEC plays any defense myself, and its a fact very few of them play offense. FLA gaveup 20 pts in 3 quarters to Bama, Bama isnt OU. But then again, that was a fluke right? :wacko:

Edited by Sgt Ryan