[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

COMPLAINT

Czarina

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These stupid popups are driving me crazy today.

Would you like to take a survey? :D

I've only been here for about 10 minutes total time today and have had this stupid thing pop up to me at least 5 times.

Yeppers! Even my popupstopper pro can't stop those things. :wacko: Got old REAL FAST!

I've been hearing about this survey thing for a while now. But using Firefox and the Adblock Plus, I have never had the pleasure of seeing it. Not once, on two computers. The other day I was over at a friends house who had the huddle up. He has FF but not the adblock. Yea, that survey thing is annoying.

I get that, but I feel strongly that I (there it is again!) shouldn't have to alter my computer to avoid this crap. Especially for a site that I pay membership for. If I'm a shopping site or something, I tend to expect it. But this is different.

I think I'll bump this thread today every time I get the survey thing.

I have a feeling it's going to be at the top of the page all day.

Of course, if I were to do something like that, would I be considered a spammer? :wacko:

Hmmm.... I have looked into my crystal ball and I see a banning in your future. :D

I use Big John's solution and I never see an ad. If you are using IE do the following.

Click on Tools>Internet Options on the menu bar

Click on the Security tab

Click on the Restricted Sites icon

Click the Sites button

Add the following sites to the list: *.doubleclick.net, *.googleadservices.com, *.serving-sys.com

Click OK

I use Big John's solution and I never see an ad. If you are using IE do the following.

Click the Sites button

Add the following sites to the list: *.doubleclick.net, *.googleadservices.com, *.serving-sys.com

Click OK

Done. Thanks.

Click the Sites button

Click OK

WOW! Thanks Big John via Kid Cid. I like this fix. :wacko:

I get that, but I feel strongly that I (there it is again!) shouldn't have to alter my computer to avoid this crap. Especially for a site that I pay membership for. If I'm a shopping site or something, I tend to expect it. But this is different.

Wait, is it HERE or on the main page?

Because while you pay for "The Huddle.com," the message boards are free.

Click the Sites button

Click OK

And if I'm using Safari?