[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

COMPLAINT

Czarina

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been on all morning, do not use an adblocker and I have not seen one yet. I saw one a day or two ago. I will looking into. And for technical sake, they are not popup ads which "popup" a new browser window, they are called interstitials because they go away if you do nothing. I will see what the deal is but again - I have not had one yet using IE

are you using safari?

Not sure what it does and if it is new but Safari has been a problem in all aspects with the site - passwords, etc.

I use IE, firefox and Opera and never have these issues. Safari is the problem.

It's a survey request. I've gotten it sporadically over the last month or two, but I'm totally spammed with it here today.

It drops down into your line of sight from above. Blue box about 2.5" inches square. I've had to actively close it to make it go away.

Sadly, the only way I can stop it is to navigate away from here.

It's a survey request. I've gotten it sporadically over the last month or two, but I'm totally spammed with it here today.

It drops down into your line of sight from above. Blue box about 2.5" inches square. I've had to actively close it to make it go away.

Sadly, the only way I can stop it is to navigate away from here.

I have not seen one today and I would suspect that a survey request should drop a cookie anyway that makes it only show up once. All I can tell you is that Safari has been defective working with the site in many ways recently like they issued some upgrade that did not work right. We had a couple of people using safari suddenly have problems using the site after being fine all season long. Not sure what to tell you but the problem is with your browser somehow. I use three different ones and do not have that issue. Is safari a mac thing?

I have actually clicked on an ad or two since the Huddle started the banner ads. I think they agree that the popup stuff isn't cool however.

And what I did still allows the standard banner ads, but disallows stuff like drop-down ads and popups.

Nope, Fire Fox. There it is right now. Twice since my last post.

Safari is a Mac browser, IIRC.

If you are using firefox, do you have it set to not accept cookies? Because when I turn off cookies on mine, I get it but when I turn on cookies, I do not.

If you are using firefox, do you have it set to not accept cookies? Because when I turn off cookies on mine, I get it but when I turn on cookies, I do not.

I have accept cookies on, but have accept 3rd party cookies off.

I have cookies on as well and that survey has been popping up almost every time I go to a new page.

I'm using Firefox too and have pop-ups blocked

Edited by Zooty

The point is, the ad serving company is responsible for sending this along to the site.

Again, I shouldn't have to alter my hardware or software to make use of the site. This stuff is coming at your customers from the ad company. The banners are annoying but at least they stay in their place.

From an internet security standpoint, forcing your customers to allow cookies from advertisers is a terrible recommendation.

You shouldn't have to allow 3rd party companies to store data on your computer to stop them from bombarding you with ads.

It seems to me that if Safari is blocking cookies from advertisers... it is doing the right thing rather than malfunctioning.

Edited by AtomicCEO

For the record, I use safari and was also getting the pop up ads quite a bit from that one survey site. Since my wife spilled a glass of wine on my computer, the pop ups, along with pretty much everything else have stopped.

The weirdest thing since moving to France is that the banner ads are for French products. It feels really really really wrong to be reading about football with a banner ad telling me "tres cher internaute, vous venez d etre selectionne comme gagnant potentiel d'un BMW..."