[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

COMPLAINT

Czarina

From an internet security standpoint, forcing your customers to allow cookies from advertisers is a terrible recommendation.

You shouldn't have to allow 3rd party companies to store data on your computer to stop them from bombarding you with ads.

It seems to me that if Safari is blocking cookies from advertisers... it is doing the right thing rather than malfunctioning.

I do not know for sure that is what happened, I am trying to think how she could get them when I never see them and I am not doing any ad-blocking. It certainly is not the intention to repeatedly serve that to the same person which is why I and I am gathering the majority of people have not seen it like that. When you are trying to determine the cause of a technical problem and there are different operating systems, browsers, processors, screen resolutions, etc,. etc,. it is not easy to do in all cases.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i use FF with ad block plus and get no ads at all....at work I have to use IE since I cant d/l anything at all and I do get "pop ups" and pop ups....but I am not online much while at work so I can really speak to how frequent they are....actually we get pop ups out the ass on the work pcs :wacko:

....actually we get pop ups out the ass on the work pcs :wacko:

Yup, been getting routine Trend Micro Office Scan warnings on my work PC ; sometimes in spurts on every single forum link.

I have been on all morning, do not use an adblocker and I have not seen one yet. I saw one a day or two ago.

This has been going on for months and methinks the initial complaints were either deleted or locked.

we have asked that the ad in question be removed.

I have not seen one of those ads today, myself. On occasion stuff will come up and we get rid of it. Not sure what you mean by going on for months other than when there is a problem we try to resolve it.

And we have not had a "popup" on our site in years far as I know. A popup opens a new window. I have never seen that in a couple of years. The problem I think is the interstitial that floats on the page and then disappears.

As for scan warnings from your virus software, I am not sure what you mean.

we have asked that the ad in question be removed.

I have not seen one of those ads today, myself. On occasion stuff will come up and we get rid of it. Not sure what you mean by going on for months other than when there is a problem we try to resolve it.

And we have not had a "popup" on our site in years far as I know. A popup opens a new window. I have never seen that in a couple of years. The problem I think is the interstitial that floats on the page and then disappears.

As for scan warnings from your virus software, I am not sure what you mean.

I believe these may act differently on different browsers.