[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2004 NBA Champions

Sgt. Ryan

Dallas Mavericks

Unbelievable trade today

Mavs sent

Raef lafrentz - flat out sux

Jeri Welch - too green for the NBA for yrs

Chris Mills - terrible

04 1st round pick

Celtics send

Antoine walker - backup to Dirk

Tony Delk - backup to Nash

Mavs roster for 03-04

PG Steve Nash

SG Michael Finly

SF/PF Antoine Jamison

PF/SF Dirk Nowitski

C Danny Fortson

Bench

SF/PF Antoine Walker

PG/SG Tony Delk

PG Travis Best

SG/SF Josh Howard - rookie sensation

SF/PF Edjuardo Najera

Marques Daniels - another rookie who has starting talent

Tarik Wahad - who could be dealt next.

Dallas just unloaded a ton of cash, and have by far the deepest team in the league, and already experience in the playoffs.

This is the yr of the Mavs.

Mark It

Sgt. Ryan:

Who would you bench in place of him.

Finly SG

Jamison PF

Dirk SF

Just my opinion.  But he will play significant minutes regardless.  but he will be taught to pass, not just throw up 3s every time down the court.

I can't say. I'm not familiar enough with the Mavs to know the answer. I do know he can play all 5 positions.

True, he does shoot too many 3's, but he is an excellent passer and has lead the celts in assists for the past several years. You will be happy with that part of his game. What he really needs to work on is shot selection. If you can get that under wraps, he will be great for you.

HUGH ONE:

breezy:

the wrong forum nazi's are at it again    coach  

The newbie tool morons are representing too I see. Hmm :confused: this is the other sports forum is it not, so how can it be the wrong forum?

it says:

"If you just have to talk about a sport other than football, here's the place to do it."

Correct me if i am wrong shrug

-Joe

Chavez:

HughsyourDaddy?

that's the funniest thought that has passed through my cranium in weeks  

Not that your cranium is known as a particularly high-traffic area under any circumstance... wink Fk'n A right baybee thumbs_u

jackshi17

Sorry....but I don't see how the Lakers can be beat this year.

Well, if Shaq and Kobe rip out each other's throats, it might put a crimp in things - not to mention that I've reportedly heard that Payton and Kobe are buddy-buddy, whereas Malone hangs more with Shaq.

Or to paraphrase Mills Lane on Celebrity Deathmatch, "Let's get it on!"

This just in..... a Kobeless Lakers team ripped the Mavericks to pieces last night. Lakers are now a running team that will only help Shaq Daddy out over the full course.

The only real fighting will be for Team MVP. Only tough roadbump out there will be San Ratone.

Originally posted by Sgt. Ryan:

[QB] Dallas Mavericks

Unbelievable trade today

Mavs sent

Raef lafrentz - flat out sux

Jeri Welch - too green for the NBA for yrs

Chris Mills - terrible

04 1st round pick

Celtics send

Antoine walker - backup to Dirk

Tony Delk - backup to Nash

Mavs roster for 03-04

PG Steve Nash

SG Michael Finly

SF/PF Antoine Jamison

PF/SF Dirk Nowitski

C Danny Fortson

Bench

SF/PF Antoine Walker

PG/SG Tony Delk

PG Travis Best

SG/SF Josh Howard - rookie sensation

SF/PF Edjuardo Najera

Marques Daniels - another rookie who has starting talent

Tarik Wahad - who could be dealt next.

Dallas just unloaded a ton of cash, and have by far the deepest team in the league, and already experience in the playoffs.

How do you figure that they have the deepest team in the league. Just because they traded for a guy that they can't even fit into their starting lineup?? Walker is the main reason that the Celtics didn't make it further in the postseason the last couple of years. He may score a lot of points on occasion, but he's not going to improve their team chemistry, by any means. Other than that, who do they have on their bench. Two decent point guards, two rookies, and Najera. Who, although he is a good player, is too small to be considered a legitimate power forward. They have NO size on their bench, and very little in their starters, for that matter. Nowitski can't play inside and Fortson is not a center. I just don't see Fortson and Najera stopping Shaq or Duncan inside. Don't get me wrong, I think Dallas has a scary starting five. But, to say they have the deepest team in the league is completely ridiculous. I would take the T-Wolves bench over Dallas' any day, with or without Walker.