[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bring on Florida

Sgt Ryan

The assumptions you claim about Florida are no different then many claim about the Big 12 in general. I feel the Big 12 plays no defense to speak of, and the offense scoring is inflated as a direct result. You feel differently.

OSU will play Texas in the Fiesta, and I'm really excited to see if there is any reality to those offenses or not. Texas averaged over 41 points in Big 12 play this season. If they can match that against my Bucks I'll eat crow. I don't think they can get past 33 though. The Texas defense was best in the league holding opponents to 22.5 PPG . I have little doubt OSU can score over that.

You have to admit the Big 12 sure landed some easy match ups this bowl season. I wouldn't get too excited about any early wins as they should be favored in all of them.

When your conference is strong, that is how its going to be.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...l=West+Virginia

Just in case you guys have any doubts about Sarge's football knowledge or prognostication skills... :wacko:

I don't mean this disrespectfully, and I said this in the Florida - Alabama thread, but sarge seems to pick a lot of the big games wrong. Generally speaking, this is why I have a hard time putting much stock in his opinion.

I don't mean this disrespectfully, and I said this in the Florida - Alabama thread, but sarge seems to pick a lot of the big games wrong. Generally speaking, this is why I have a hard time putting much stock in his opinion.

Come Jan 8, my opinion wont matter either way. We will have a champion, and even if Im right. Next year there will be this same debate.

In 4 of the past 5 NC games, the favorite lost.

OU was favored over LSU - OU lost

OU was favored over SC - OU lost

SC was favored over Texas - SC lost

OSU was favored over FLA - OSU lost

So my opinion was Vegas opinion as well.

Come Jan 8, my opinion wont matter either way. We will have a champion, and even if Im right. Next year there will be this same debate.

But your opinion was still wrong. How you arrived at your opinion was flawed and your conclusions were incorrect. And yet you continue to assert your opinion as if it is fact when in reality, in big games, you are wrong more than you are right.

So in the statement I quoted, you said that on Jan 8, your opinion won't matter either way. I posit that on December 9th, your opinion does not matter either way. That's really all I'm saying.

Edited by untateve

OU is as deserving to be in this game as Texas and I hope they represent the BIG 12 and beat UF, even if it means a better recruiting class for OU over TX. There is plenty of talent to even fill TT's roster in state......

I do not see OU being able to run outside against UF's speed, but the middle did not look that tough for BAMA to run against. If Bradford gets protection, he will pick apart UF all day, time will tell if they can put presure on him. It has been a long time since I have rooted against any team playing OU, but come Jan 8th I will be pulling for the Sooners to win....if for nothing else, just to read Sarge's "I told you so" posts for the next year! As a bonus TOS's post will get even more entertaining......

OU is as deserving to be in this game as Texas and I hope they represent the BIG 12 and beat UF, even if it means a better recruiting class for OU over TX. There is plenty of talent to even fill TT's roster in state......

I do not see OU being able to run outside against UF's speed, but the middle did not look that tough for BAMA to run against. If Bradford gets protection, he will pick apart UF all day, time will tell if they can put presure on him. It has been a long time since I have rooted against any team playing OU, but come Jan 8th I will be pulling for the Sooners to win....if for nothing else, just to read Sarge's "I told you so" posts for the next year! As a bonus TOS's post will get even more entertaining......

You should be are aware, win or lose, Sarge will still post "I told you so" threads.

This talk simply amazes me.

I hope FLA players and coaches are doubting our speed on both sides of the ball like FLA fans and the media are doing. Id be more worried about a physical team pounding OU in the mouth like Bama for 4 quarters, than scat backs trying to get outside against our (4.5 40) Linebackers.

If FLA gets behind 2 scores early, and Tebow is forced to pass, this could be a rout. OU is balanced, and if they have the lead, they will pound the ball.

Think of the OU passing game, with the Bama running game, then you get a sense of why this team is the most prolific offense ever.

4.5 speed?

Rivals:

From the Reebok combine in Houston, TX

Travis Lewis

Outside linebacker

San Antonio (TX) Tyler Lee

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 213 lbs

Forty: 4.34 secs

Bench reps: 23

Vertical: 34 inches

Shuttle: 4.25 secs

Class: 2007 (High School)

I know he's more like 230-240 now, but wow, sub 4.4 at a HS combine? wonder if it was for real?

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this statement was made a while back but...

"Vegas" doesn't post an opinion. The various sports books come up with a line that will produce the maximum number($$$) of bets. But of course you knew that.

Edited by BS Miscreant