[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This song has been running through my head for days. A tribute to Christians scaring children.

Every thousand years

This metal sphere

10 times the size of Jupiter

Floats just a few yards past the earth

You climb on your roof

and take a swipe at it

with a single feather

hit it once every thousand years

'ti you've worn it down

to the size of a pea

Now, I'd say that's a long time

But it's only just a blink

in the place you're gonna be

I'm gonna be perfect from now on

I'm gonna be perfect from now on

yall probably have heard of MGMT (Time to Pretend or Electic Feel), love this group, especially the song "Kids"

+1. At first I passed on this album last year, but saw them at Bonnaroo and really enjoyed their show so I picked it up over the summer. Good, solid album through and through.

I'm gonna start giving Buckcherry more of a listen. Good ole American rock n' roll. :wacko:

Remind me to check them out. You are about the 3rd person I know to mentionthem. Unless I'm confusing Buckcherry with King's Buck.

I'mlistening to a tonof Magnolia Electric Company lately. Not sure if I'm late to the game or not with them. Love their sound though.

I actually saw Buckcherry live in Fargo a few years back in a very small venue. They're OK but nothing special. Never been a big fan. The other band that night I liked alot better - Monster Magnet. Dave Wyndorf lit his guitar on fire at the end of the show and swung it around. :D:wacko:

EDIT: Apparently not an isolated incident.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I actually saw Buckcherry live in Fargo a few years back in a very small venue. They're OK but nothing special. Never been a big fan. The other band that night I liked alot better - Monster Magnet. Dave Wyndorf lit his guitar on fire at the end of the show and swung it around. :D:wacko:

EDIT: Apparently not an isolated incident.

Where'd you see them?

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up two interesting discs - one is Mercury Rev's Snowflake Midnight which lands directly between Pink Floyd and The Flaming Lips on the psychedelic scale...

...the more disturbing one is a s/t disc by a band called The Heavy Circles...it's really good, poppy female vocals with a trip-hop sorta vibe to it. What was disturbing is that it is really, REALLY good - and the singer is Edie Brickell.

...the more disturbing one is a s/t disc by a band called The Heavy Circles...it's really good, poppy female vocals with a trip-hop sorta vibe to it. What was disturbing is that it is really, REALLY good - and the singer is Edie Brickell.

Just picked this up yesterday. and yes it is really, REALLY good.

I just picked up two interesting discs - one is Mercury Rev's Snowflake Midnight which lands directly between Pink Floyd and The Flaming Lips on the psychedelic scale...

Oh snap.

Digging the myspace tracks on both these artists.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=387647682

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=89336992

Love Floyd, the Lips and even Edie Brickell. But these two almost put me to sleep. :wacko: Maybe I'm just not in the right frame of mind right now to listen to more mellow stuff.

E2A: The new Franz Ferdinand is out. Giving a listen on iTunes right now .... sounds good so far.

Edited by darin3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...