[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's any doubt the potential this band has.

Will spend some time with their debut over the next month.

Them Crooked Vultures

Last time Grohl and Homme got together it was, IMO, the best rock album in the last 10 years. As much as I'm looking forward to this, I won't get my hopes up too high, as supergroup bands usually disappoint.

Anybody know much about the band Riverboat Gamblers? I've heard them played on XM quite a bit, dowloaded a tune for iTunes, but from the reviews it sounds like they are turning a corner? From Denton, TX....there's some folks here from Denton if I recall.

I absolutely love this band - I saw them in a little club called the note a few months back and they were incredible. If they ever play near you - drop everything and go see this band.

Their cd To the confusion of our enemies is flat out awesome - skip track 8, its intolerable even for a joke

Anybody know much about the band Riverboat Gamblers? I've heard them played on XM quite a bit, dowloaded a tune for iTunes, but from the reviews it sounds like they are turning a corner? From Denton, TX....there's some folks here from Denton if I recall.

Well they are from Denton which is, outside of Austin, the capital of Texas music. CentroMatic, Telegraph Canyon, Slobberbone, Fergus & Geronimo, the Polycorns (who remind me too much of Dr. Dog), the Slow Burners and Midlake are all from Denton.

Unfortunately, one day not too far from noe, Denton and McKinney will be the same town and all the goodmusic will come to an end. The drive down 380 used to be a nice country drive. Last time I went through there, I couldn't even find a clear area for 4:20. :D

I'll have to check them out. :wacko:

Club, I also downloaded Monsters of Folk since you were raving about it.

I was very close to seeing them when they were in Chicago a few weeks ago...just couldn't pull the trigger and free up my time. If i was single, or me and Mimi had no kids, I would have been there no doubt.

From the Riverboat Gamblers reviews on iTunes I'm reading, it sounds like this last album may have turned a corner away from what got them here??? I don't know...but those reviews had been the same for Kings of Leon.

Listened to the Airborne Toxic Event again drifting off to bed last night and it's pretty solid top to bottom. I would recommend people give that one a try.

Spindrift. Very awesome. Albums include: west, the legend of god's gun, songs from the ancient age.

Tomahawk. Check out Anonymous, its my favorite album from these guys.(they only have 3)

Melvins. Heavy metal, but slow usually, with distortion etc. Not for the weak hahahah.....check out album: Houdini if you arent scared.

ROY HARPER: STORMCOCK IS A GREAT ALBUM AS WELL, REALLY POETIC AND JUST MAKES ME FEEL GOOD EVERY TIME.

ROY HARPER: STORMCOCK IS A GREAT ALBUM AS WELL, REALLY POETIC AND JUST MAKES ME FEEL GOOD EVERY TIME.

One Of Those Days In England is a great album. I have the original English version (Bullinamingvase) on vinyl that includes Watford Gap, pulled from later versions because it absolutely hilariously slates English motorway services.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just, for the first time, listened to Arcade Fire's Neon Bible.

Why didn't any of you ass holes tell me about this? It's phenomenal!

I've been trying to jump on the Funeral bandwagon for about 6 months now, but can't seem to get on board. Even the 1 sure fire song on it,

, loses me when it goes double time in the coda. Friggin song would be epic if they just kept the opening groove going and made it about a minute and a half shorter.

I'll try Neon Bible next and see if I can join the league of nuthuggers there.

www.kxt.org

Really good radio. If you listen to NPR you might be familiar with some of the national hosts. It's NPR so they'll do 30 minutes of an African children's chior on you but overall a really good mix of stuff. A lot new to me. As a plus if you buy itunes/amazon songs through their link they get a portion of the proceeds (according to their website).

Haven't listened to much of them, but the few songs I heard were pretty awesome Prince rip offs.

Interesting. Honestly I don't really know much of Prince's music other than the obvious radio hits and have never really cared much for him. Just don't see the worship he gets from many. Maybe I should give him a chance some time.

Actually I'm listening right now to MGMT's CD the first time through. I dig it.

Interesting. Honestly I don't really know much of Prince's music other than the obvious radio hits and have never really cared much for him. Just don't see the worship he gets from many. Maybe I should give him a chance some time.

Actually I'm listening right now to MGMT's CD the first time through. I dig it.

frigging awesome - love those guys, just a great CD

BW- I don't see them as a Prince rip off at all........pretty original sound imo

• 4 weeks later...