[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are you listening to these days?

The Irish Doggy

The Heavy. I must admit I like their song How You LIke Me Now that is on the car commercial enough to check them out and I am sold. They list their music as voodoo soul and funk. I can see it and I can dig it.

I probably posted this somewhere on this site at some point but...

That Kind Of Man

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sufjan I've just always liked....his music seems to always be just unexpected and fresh enough to keep me perpetually interested. iron & wine...I kinda want to hate on that whole lo-fi bearded hipster acoustic/songwriter vibe, but he just does it so well, it's hard not to love.

He's also due for his next state album masterpiece...

sufjan I've just always liked....his music seems to always be just unexpected and fresh enough to keep me perpetually interested. iron & wine...I kinda want to hate on that whole lo-fi bearded hipster acoustic/songwriter vibe, but he just does it so well, it's hard not to love.

Someone finally got me to listen to Iron and Wine, and I'm glad they did. Very sufjanny.

I've also been meaning to check out the new Jose Gonzalez and the new Animal Collective EP.

I gave Gorilaz "Plastic Beach" a once over on lala.com, and it was acceptable.

The new Dr. Dog is a little disappointing after how incredibly epic their last album was. Still, it's fun.

I can't get enough Bad Romance. Seriously. I love it.

I just heard it...or at least paid attention to it...for the first time tonight.

Damn, it's brilliant. Just terrific popcraft.

Don't listen to much new music, just discovered Muse, a live 2010 Hong Kong show. Have no idea how current they are, but I like.

I like it, but swear I've heard EVERY ONE OF THEIR SONGS somewhere previously.

I just heard it...or at least paid attention to it...for the first time tonight.

Damn, it's brilliant. Just terrific popcraft.

...live, just her on a piano.

Color me impressed.

Oh, and the one I came here to mention:

....I don't even know if it's "good" I just like it. Perhaps solely because they name-check Roxy Music.

Someone finally got me to listen to Iron and Wine, and I'm glad they did. Very sufjanny.

I've also been meaning to check out the new Jose Gonzalez and the new Animal Collective EP.

I gave Gorilaz "Plastic Beach" a once over on lala.com, and it was acceptable.

The new Dr. Dog is a little disappointing after how incredibly epic their last album was. Still, it's fun.

So far what I've heard I've liked a lot. I really enjoyed their last album too, but this one has the potential to be better from what little I've heard.

I'm liking the new Selena Gomez song - "Naturally" and I'm also listening to a bunch of Richard Marx' stuff as well.

Only 10 of the songs on Plastic Beach are good, you have to FFWD through the orchestra. Some songs, like Empire of the Ants start of slow put really jam about halfway through. The environmental point of the album is conveyed very well, and the collaborating artists really did some of their best work (Snoop Dogg and Little Dragon, etc.) The beats are very solid and instantly grow on you.

Muse was part of a big Alt Nation push that included some really good bands...the only thing is that most Alt Nation bands put out one really good hit/album and then the follow up is nowhere near as good and then you forget about them. Muse, like The Killers, Peter Bjorn and John and some others have some staying power, where someone like The Plain White Tees, the Thermals, etc. enjoy their big one hit wonder and then disappear. Also, SilverSun Pickups will be hard pressed to come anywhere near close to their big hit 'Lazy Eye'.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Only 10 of the songs on Plastic Beach are good, you have to FFWD through the orchestra. Some songs, like Empire of the Ants start of slow put really jam about halfway through. The environmental point of the album is conveyed very well, and the collaborating artists really did some of their best work (Snoop Dogg and Little Dragon, etc.) The beats are very solid and instantly grow on you.

Muse was part of a big Alt Nation push that included some really good bands...the only thing is that most Alt Nation bands put out one really good hit/album and then the follow up is nowhere near as good and then you forget about them. Muse, like The Killers, Peter Bjorn and John and some others have some staying power, where someone like The Plain White Tees, the Thermals, etc. enjoy their big one hit wonder and then disappear. Also, SilverSun Pickups will be hard pressed to come anywhere near close to their big hit 'Lazy Eye'.

I agree with almost all of this, outside of Silversun. Their newer album is solid.

I agree with almost all of this, outside of the Thermals. All their albums are solid.

Went to see Van Morrison last night.

If I didn't know better I would have sworn Bob Dylan was singing lead vocals. :wacko:

Seriously, couldn't understand a word he was singing. Music was great though, dude (and his band) can still play.

I agree with almost all of this outside of selena gomez and richard marx.

WTPh? :wacko:

:tup: Sorry brother, just my style of music. I love freestyle, almost any kind of dance music and slow dance love ballads. Awesome stuff!!

Edited by irish