[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heisman

mbarton11

Well, he's not the best QB on the floor, but he did have the fortune to play against some pretty horrible defenses to allow for the inflated stat.

Nevertheless, he's the heisman. Here's to a another Heisman failure in the NFL :wacko:

This isn't good news for OU. Recent past winners have gone on to lose their bowl games.

Tebow loses to Michigan

T.Smith loses to Florida

Edited by theeohiostate

Well, he's not the best QB on the floor, but he did have the fortune to play against some pretty horrible defenses to allow for the inflated stat.

Nevertheless, he's the heisman. Here's to a another Heisman failure in the NFL :wacko:

This isn't good news for OU. Recent past winners have gone on to lose their bowl games.

Tebow loses to Michigan

T.Smith loses to Florida

Don't be a Megan Foxbag.

You put up those kinds of numbers and lead your team to the NC game, you damned well deserve the Heisman. Mind you, the same could be said about Tebow and, depending on where you stand on whether or not UT got jocked out of their shot at the NC game, McCoy as well.

One thing you simply couldn't say about whomever among these three who won the thing was that he didn't deserve it.

Tebow loses to Michigan

T.Smith loses to Florida

Bradford is rumored to be the #1 overall pick in the draft if he comes out. Kid has the cool of Brady under pressure, and is just as competitive.

I do agree that Heisman winners havent faired well lately in NC games, but this kid cant practice right now anyway, so he isnt missing much being away from his team doing the circuit the next few days. This NC game is on Stoops to have his Troops prepared for anything Meyer and FLA can bring at them. And Ive already said I think OU wants FLA and wants to run up the score on FLA just to prove a point.

While TOSU statements are a little off base please don't try to insult our intelligence by comparing the Big 12 defenses to the SEC. :wacko:

We will see when these teams face each other. The SEC certainly doesnt have the offense of the big 12. And OU shut down both Tech and Missouri 2 of the top 5 offenses in the country. Okie St and Texas had the ingredients to beat this Sooner team. A fast QB, and a vertical passing game. We will see if FLA has either.

Very deserving winner, all 3 are class acts. Congrats. :wacko:

I echo this sentiment.

And pssst.....in case we've forgotten.....the Heisman has NOTHING to do with the NFL in any way shape or form.....and it shouldn't.

It's a college award......given to the 'best' college player and who meant the most to his team. Given these parameters.....I thought it was a tough choice. And I was a little disappointed Harrell wasn't invited as well.

If you were looking for pure passing stats.....Bradford was the man. But I think there was a great case for all three of these guys. All three have some nice qualities both on and off the field.

As far as NFL prospects go......lol......I don't think the Heisman has done any QB prospects any favors lately. Based on that stat...I think McCoy should go highest of the three whenever they all come out. :D

Congrats to Sammy B! I would not have been disappointed whoever won. They all deserved it. Perhaps we have finally seen the last of the "a sophmore can't win the Heisman" thinking. Bradford is a sophy, is he not?

I'll see your Heisman, and raise you a national championship. :wacko:

Don't be a Hater, and you must not watch much football. He is the only big time Pro Prospect that was invited to NY. That is a fact, and the Big 12 defenses are as good as any SEC D's but the Offenses are just great this season.

:D

Huh? Since when does being a "big time Pro Prospect" have anything to do with winning the Heisman. YOU obviously need to watch more football.

Very deserving winner, all 3 are class acts. Congrats. :wacko:

+1, agree 100%. Bradford has had a hell of a season.

I echo this sentiment.

And pssst.....in case we've forgotten.....the Heisman has NOTHING to do with the NFL in any way shape or form.....and it shouldn't.

It's a college award......given to the 'best' college player and who meant the most to his team. Given these parameters.....I thought it was a tough choice. And I was a little disappointed Harrell wasn't invited as well.

If you were looking for pure passing stats.....Bradford was the man. But I think there was a great case for all three of these guys. All three have some nice qualities both on and off the field.

As far as NFL prospects go......lol......I don't think the Heisman has done any QB prospects any favors lately. Based on that stat...I think McCoy should go highest of the three whenever they all come out. :D

+1, in reference to mbarton's blabbing.

Edited by darin3

Congrats to Sammy B! I would not have been disappointed whoever won. They all deserved it. Perhaps we have finally seen the last of the "a sophmore can't win the Heisman" thinking. Bradford is a sophy, is he not?

I'll see your Heisman, and raise you a national championship. :wacko:

Redshirt soph, yeah. Second season in a row - and only the second overall - that a soph has taken the hardware.

Very deserving. Would have loved to see McCoy take it, but Bradford's certainly a wise choice for the award.

Redshirt soph, yeah. Second season in a row - and only the second overall - that a soph has taken the hardware.

Very deserving. Would have loved to see McCoy take it, but Bradford's certainly a wise choice for the award.

Darin.....did you happen to hear Tirico and VanPelt's interview with McCoy on the phone this past Tuesday on their afternoon radio show? Hysterical.

They asked him if he watched "the game" on Saturday. He said no.....it was on at the house, but he and his buddies went "spotlighting." Tirico didn't believe him and McCoy says, "Nah..we beat both teams.....I didn't see the point (in watching the game)." :D I was laughing in the car when Tirico said, "We're city boys......what's spotlighting?" :D

Priceless. Then they had to spend the next hour reassuring all the city folk and Northerners listening that it is legal in TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT.........blah, blah......LOL.

I thought all three were great candidates.....but if I'd had a vote.....it would have gone to McCoy. :D

See you guys at the Fiesta! :wacko:

Darin.....did you happen to hear Tirico and VanPelt's interview with McCoy on the phone this past Tuesday on their afternoon radio show? Hysterical.

They asked him if he watched "the game" on Saturday. He said no.....it was on at the house, but he and his buddies went "spotlighting." Tirico didn't believe him and McCoy says, "Nah..we beat both teams.....I didn't see the point (in watching the game)." :D I was laughing in the car when Tirico said, "We're city boys......what's spotlighting?" :D

Priceless. Then they had to spend the next hour reassuring all the city folk and Northerners listening that it is legal in TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT.........blah, blah......LOL.

I thought all three were great candidates.....but if I'd had a vote.....it would have gone to McCoy. :D

See you guys at the Fiesta! :wacko:

I actually had ESPN Radio on most of that day as I was in a rental car with XM... but I missed that part of the Tirico and Van Pelt Show. I started listening about a half hour or so after McCoy was on... and they were still talking about it. :D

My votes would have gone: McCoy, Bradford (following extremely close), and Tebow.

:wacko:

Huh? Since when does being a "big time Pro Prospect" have anything to do with winning the Heisman. YOU obviously need to watch more football.

+1, agree 100%. Bradford has had a hell of a season.

+1, in reference to mbarton's blabbing.

I was refering to theohiostates statement that Bradford was going to be another Heisman winner that was an NFL bust. Read all the post before you bash. MB out

I was refering to theohiostates statement that Bradford was going to be another Heisman winner that was an NFL bust. Read all the post before you bash. MB out

It does not matter what you were referring to you made a dumb ass statement.

I guess you of all people would know a dumbass post from a good post. You are the master so I guess if you say it was a dumbass post you would know. I still have no clue what you are talking about, or what part of my post is so"dumbass" maybe you could write a short story and inform me and anyone else for that matter.

If responding to a statement about Bradford being another Heisman winning QB that will be a bust, and he was the third best QB in NY on Saturday makes me a dumbass then I will line up in the dumbass line right behind you Slayer.