[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pages won't load

alexgaddis

I haven't run across any slow loading banners this morning. If you could send a screen shot of the page (showing the banner) once it loads to support@thehuddle.com that would enable us to track down and identify the offending ad server / ad unit. Thanks.

I haven't run across any slow loading banners this morning. If you could send a screen shot of the page (showing the banner) once it loads to support@thehuddle.com that would enable us to track down and identify the offending ad server / ad unit. Thanks.

It doesn't even make it to the banner for me...it just loads the Fantasy Players Network logo at the top of the page and then says done...I hit refresh about 12-15 times until it actually loads the content...would this be because of a banner ad or something else???

alexgaddis -- Hmm... that could be someting else. Does a banner load with the top of the page? Does the logo or main navbar load at the top? Where exactly does the page end vertically when it says done? Also, once it says done wait a while to see if the page actually does finish displaying. It might.

WW - seems the Lincoln one is the culprit from what I can tell

I appreciate the info, but if you could email a screen shot of that problem banner to support@thehuddle.com that would really help. We utilize about 12 different ad agencies and each serves up hundreds of different banners into our ad network. An actual screen shot is our best tool for identifying problem ad units. Thanks.

alexgaddis -- Hmm... that could be someting else. Does a banner load with the top of the page? Does the logo or main navbar load at the top? Where exactly does the page end vertically when it says done? Also, once it says done wait a while to see if the page actually does finish displaying. It might.

no, the banner doesn't load at the top...I keep hitting refresh until the Huddle logo appears and then the page loads normally...when it says done and stops loading the only thing on my screen is the Fantasy Payers Network logo with the Partner Sites drop down box...

no, the banner doesn't load at the top...I keep hitting refresh until the Huddle logo appears and then the page loads normally...when it says done and stops loading the only thing on my screen is the Fantasy Payers Network logo with the Partner Sites drop down box...

+1 same problem here

I'm not sure emailing a screenshot once a page finally loads will identify the problem. I was having this problem really bad last week. it seems like the reason refresh might work for some people is that it recycles and probably pulls a new ad, rather than try and load the one that wouldn't load the first time. I will add though that several times last week, refresh did nothing....I had to empty my IE browser cache, close IE, and reopen before I could get any forum page to load.

Thanks guys. I'll look into this with our ad network provider. I don't believe this type of issue is ad unit related. I believe it's ad server related - meaning that one of the dozen serving systems we use is experiencing delays in loading their banners to our site. And experiencing those delays can depend on operating system / browser version / options setup. As an example. Both David and I run the current IE version but he's on Vista and I'm on XP. He experiences these type of load delays and I do not.

I'll present this to our ad network and get them working the issue.

I also wonder if there is any issue with particular anti-virus softwares. That could block or slow down the loading as well.

And it took this page 30 secs. to load.

FWIW.. I appreciate all that you and WW are doing. But lets not blame AV SW here. When other web pages load quickly and your's (thehuddle) does not, it has to be your problem. I do speed tests all the time because I KNOW Comcast is flakey! I even pulled a post off cause I realized it was a Comcast thing.

Currently it seems like Adspecific*** is clogging the drain. The popups for me are always a survey. today just one pop up, but long loads. I have to refresh several times. And as far as my PC being bad...I have 4, and all are experiencing the same problem.

I'm patient but it's getting bad.

TY. But this has to be fixed.

I ask because I have Trend Micro PC-cillin and I get that load only the top bar thing really bad sometimes and it is not just limited to us since I have gotten it on Google a lot as well as other sites - but not all of them. When I use firefox or Opera I have no such problem. But I think my PC-cillin is somehow interacting with my IE wrongly.

does the same on my work PC so I will check it out tomm and let you know too

It stops loading right after the "fantasy players.com banner" the huddle logo doesnt show up...just the background greyish color for the page and it says done down in the bottom left of the browser...I hit refresh a few times and it rectifies it...sometimes I wait about a min or so and the page will load ...fwiw, I am running IE7 with no popup blockers or virus protection at all on this work PC

Edited by keggerz
  • WJW locked this topic