[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pages won't load

alexgaddis

As I've stated earlier in this thread, this is not ad unit (banner) related. And posts since my last post add support to that. So the solution is not to pull bad banners. Which is good since there would be no way to ID the banners since they don't load.

What appears to be happening is that intermittently random users experience load delays with one of the dozen ad serving providers our ad network uses to serve banners. The reason this is very intermittent and effects only a few random users is that part of the load delay equation is the user environment. Meaning OS, browser version, plug-ins, tool bars, scanning software and the like all have an impact. So as you can imagine this is an extremely difficult situation to troubleshoot. BUT... we are continuing to work on this issue with our ad network in the hope of resolving it soon. Thanks for your patience.

intermittent is correct....not happening all the time, but of course when it does it sucks.

still the same google.com or adspecific.

i'm on an iMac, with FF3.0.4 browser no special add ons to tool bar or security other than what comes with FF3

i've noticed that when it is delayed, the first banner i see is Circuit City....if that helps

if you still need screenshots i can send them along...

fo rme it seems like its been different banners each time, and i always see that my "phishing" checker thing is going when its "frozen" seems like when the page finally fully load the phishing checker is done...maybe that has something to do with it?

With all due respect this problem is making the boards brutally unenjoyable. Its like kicking a dead whale up a beach. All day sunday I have been just crawling from thread to thread. A totall bummer.

It doesn't even make it to the banner for me...it just loads the Fantasy Players Network logo at the top of the page and then says done...I hit refresh about 12-15 times until it actually loads the content...would this be because of a banner ad or something else???

Update...

the pages are loading but it takes between 1-2 minutes for it to appear...

It stops loading right after the "fantasy players.com banner" the huddle logo doesnt show up...just the background greyish color for the page and it says done down in the bottom left of the browser...I hit refresh a few times and it rectifies it...sometimes I wait about a min or so and the page will load ...

All these are happening to me the last few weeks plus it just locks up, totally, a few times yesterday and today. On a couple of the lockups it froze the page completly and i couldn't even close it maunually, had to reboot the computer.

It is getting very frustrating. At 1st i thought it was me, but every other site i go to works fine. Sorry but it is what is.

PS - unable to do a print screen when it freezes

Is there any update on this situation??? hitting refresh 50 times to open a thread is not my idea of a fun time...This is rediculous and has been going on for over two weeks now...

ETA - One main culprit is the stupid Buick employee pricing ad...again one with a rollover option....it's been impossible this morning

Edited by alexgaddis
  • WJW locked this topic