[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

...too much to do...

muck

...just venting a bit...

* Need to decide how I'm going to deal with a complicated regulatory item; if I go down "path A" I will have fewer headaches ... unless, regulators decide that I should have taken "path B" in which case I may be subject to fines / embarrassment / ding on my professional bio. Going down "path A" may require dramatic changes at the business, all of which will need to be implemented PRIOR to 12/31 (including, possibly, a need to move offices to MO from KS). So, potential short-term pain and longer-term 'comfort' (if I've made the correct regulatory call) vs. short-term pain and long-term pain (if I chicken out and take the heavy regulatory burden, whether it's needed or not).

* Negotiate an investment, document it and close it; approximately seven separate legal entities and ten individuals need to agree to terms. The principal parties (of which I'm one) are about 95% of the way done with terms ... however ... the clock is moving against us fast.

* Finalize documentation on another investment; three separate legal entities and nine individuals need to agree to the documentation. The terms are agreed to, but the documentation needs to be done before Wednesday of this week.

* Finalize terms and enter a letter of intent to acquire a business; at least four entities and as many as ten individuals will need to come to terms and agree to final documentation.

...and about five other things just as complicated / demanding...

...my "path A" vs. "path B" research is going nowhere...I'm off to bed...

:puke:

...just venting a bit...

* Need to decide how I'm going to deal with a complicated regulatory item; if I go down "path A" I will have fewer headaches ... unless, regulators decide that I should have taken "path B" in which case I may be subject to fines / embarrassment / ding on my professional bio. Going down "path A" may require dramatic changes at the business, all of which will need to be implemented PRIOR to 12/31 (including, possibly, a need to move offices to MO from KS). So, potential short-term pain and longer-term 'comfort' (if I've made the correct regulatory call) vs. short-term pain and long-term pain (if I chicken out and take the heavy regulatory burden, whether it's needed or not).

* Negotiate an investment, document it and close it; approximately seven separate legal entities and ten individuals need to agree to terms. The principal parties (of which I'm one) are about 95% of the way done with terms ... however ... the clock is moving against us fast.

* Finalize documentation on another investment; three separate legal entities and nine individuals need to agree to the documentation. The terms are agreed to, but the documentation needs to be done before Wednesday of this week.

* Finalize terms and enter a letter of intent to acquire a business; at least four entities and as many as ten individuals will need to come to terms and agree to final documentation.

...and about five other things just as complicated / demanding...

...my "path A" vs. "path B" research is going nowhere...I'm off to bed...

:puke:

How can moving to Missouri NOT be the best answer to all your problems!?

Over the years I've had to make similar (I think) decisions. One time I made the decision in the direction of hoping nobody questioned/audited what I did. Nothing ever happened, so you could say I made the right call. However, losing sleep over it made it a bad decision anyway.

The other time I made the decision to do it "by the book" even though it cost me tens of thousands of dollars. Several relatives and friends said I was foolish, but I was able to sleep at night. I've never regretted the latter; if I had the former to do over again, I would do it differently.

HTH.

I've been on the couch for a week and a half following hernia surgery. I've had to make some tough decisions like what movie to watch next, what to eat for lunch and how long I can wait to get up to pee............so I know how you feel.

Have someone bring you some Taco Casa from 29th Street.

That's some good sauce right there ...