[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

INSTANT MARLINS FAN

J.D.Morrison

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants_Fan_9:

The Yankees didn't win game 7, Grady Little lost it. What a joke. You shouldn't need more than 3 runs in the bottom of the eight to win a game of this magnitude. I don't care who they were playing.

YANKEES SUCK!!! GO MARLINS!!!

:stillwrongforum:

The RedSox will be back next year! TO WIN IT ALL!

**** little Aaron "Bucky" Boone had to do it with his dip brother in the booth! It's fixed.. kidding.

The wrong team won but it was a great series!

And one thing can be said "FOX, its comentators, and its directing (missing the first pitch time and again) really did suck!"

GO Yan.... I can't do it ... MARLINS!!!

Oh yeah, Football started, didn't it!!

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Trojanmojo:

bawling      bawling      bawling      bawling      lol  

Suck it up Sox fans.  The Yanks are simply the better team and are the best franchise in pro-sports history.  Deal with it.

The fact of the matter is that Grady lost the game, with Pedro in the 8th and pitching Wakefield in the 10th and 11th. You neve put a knuckleballer in when one swing can lose the game.

But...regardless of that, and I want you to know how much this hurts to say, the Yankees ARE the greatest franchise in pro sports history. Better than the Canadians, the 49ers, the Celtics. 39th pennant. Amazing. Big money has only been a part of the game for a short time. The Yankees got most of that done prior to the big money days.

I hate the Yankees about as much as I hate baseball. In fact, it's probably teams LIKE the Yankees that make me hate baseball. Why watch when the same team wins year after year. It's no fun for all the other fans. thumbs_d

1) I agree that Grady was a knucklehead for keeping Pedro in there when his arm has been running on fumes for the past 6 weeks. The Sox bullpen had given up like 1 run in their last 16+ innings according to ESPN radio this morning. He could have at least put Wakefield in there right away in the 8th.

2) While it's true the Yankees spend as much if not more than anyone, they spend their money wisely. Look at the Rangers, Dodgers, Orioles, White Sox, etc. They spend gobs of money to and have nada to show for it. There are also some smaller market teams that manage to be competitive each or most years. The M's come to mind as well as the A's.

3) I agree that baseball would be better off with a salary cap (so would hockey for that matter). Player unions will never allow that unfortunately.

I'm sorry for all you guys who hate the NEW YORK YANKEES...but i have to tell you, it's great being a NEW YORKER and watching our YANKEES kick your sorry ass teams ass all the time!

I can't blame you though, i guess it sux to lose all the time...maybe one of these days!

we still have the Jets and the Giants for that, so i feel your pain, but it still doesn't make me hate the other teams. Grow up, the YANKEES ARE JUST GREAT.

GO YANKEES!

nyjman:

The Yanks are simply the better team and are the best franchise in pro-sports history. Deal with it
Amen to that Brother flag flag flag This was easily the most crushing blow to that franchise since game 6 of the 1986 World Series. This game was for all the marbles and this Red Sox team had been built (and very purchased) to beat the New York Yankees. The core Yankee players willed this team to a win. Jeter, Williams , Posada, and most of all Rivera carried the flag flag and these are lifetime Yankees, products of the Yankee farm system. As I've said before it's the hammer and the nail :mad: smash flag

Boy the $hits deep in here.

Yes the Yankees have the most championships of any franchise in history, but where would they be over the last ten years if they had to compete on an even playing field with everyone else. How hard is it to put together a winning team when your bench players make more than most teams starting lineups, injuries...no problem we'll just buy a replacement.. should we go and get A Boone? sure why not. Who will they buy for next year?

Being an opponent to the Yankees is like Iraq trying to fight the flag U.S. ...out financed and outmanned...you might win a little battle here or there, but over the long haul, don't even bother.

Anyone who thinks this is good for the game is delusional.

The Yank me's are just as much what is wrong with baseball as the Expo's and Royals. (And The "commissioner" owning a team.) I love the game of baseball but hate the business of baseball. I would prefer to go to the park on saturday afternoon and watch a bunch of kids who play because they love to than watch the joke that MLB has become. thumbs_d

The players AND owners seem content with the current system because they are all making MAD $$$$$$ and we the fans are getting screwed. I stopped watching baseball when a strike cancelled the World Series. Screw 'em!

You all blame the Yankees for getting the best players. I guess there should be no blame to the teams that trade away their players to the Yankees (i.e. Boone, Nelson, Heredia, Garcia, etc..) Maybe other teams should try to put a decent product on the field instead of trading away their best players to save money. The Yankees pay a luxury tax and profit sharing to all of the smaller market teams to help them be competitive. It is not the Yankees fault that your sorry ass team's owner just wants to pocket that money and not put it into building a better team. Although Steinbrenner may be an ass at times, he is all about winning. You can't argue with that! So, to all of you complaining little b!tches...get over it!! You can't go on blaming the Yankees for everything wrong with baseball. It has more to do with bad team management and greedy owners. So, have fun pouting and crying while the Yankees bring home number 27!!

GO YANKEES!