[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who are your favorite ex-player TV commentator guys?

Azazello1313

44 members have voted

1. 1. click the ones you really like

• deion sanders
    • marshall faulk
    • sterling sharpe
    • shannon sharpe
    • dan marino
    • boomer esiason
    • terry bradshaw
    • howie long
    • tom jackson
    • steve young
    • keyshawn johnson
    • ron jaworski
    • dan dierdorf
    • joe theismann :lol:
    • terrell davis
    • troy aikman
    • moose johnston
    • chris collinsworth
    • michael irvin
    • mike ditka

Fouts and Simms are excellent choices.

They are still doing the Digital TV is coming every day here. They do this constantly in case the guy who watches TV once a year misses it. Come on. :wacko:

Many announcers are the same in my opinion. They talk down to everyone so the guy who watches once a year is told how the game is played. If he doesn't watch or try to understand the game screw him. He can google the NFL.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaws is the best analyst. He's second to none at breaking down plays and teaching the game. Also a big fan of Woodson and both Sharpes in the studio.

In the booth, I like Simms, Collinsworth, and Fouts. Fouts was solid on MNF and has been doing a great job of calling college games since. The NFL needs to bring him back.

I agree with all three of these. They are my favorites.

Fouts was the best color guy ever. He could explain what was happening and diagram a play like no other. Yes, please someone bring him back.

I also liked Miller on the MNF crew. But, I like Miller, not that he should be on a crew, but I thought for that format, he was great. He and Fouts were a great mix and contrasted each other well.

edit to add: DierDORK is the worst EVER. I can't stand to listen to that goof (and he is doing the SD / Tampa game today :wacko: )

Edited by McBoog

DierDORK is the worst EVER. I can't stand to listen to that goof (and he is doing the SD / Tampa game today :wacko: )

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :D:D :stabselfinneckwithpencil:

Thank god I'll be at the bar. I'd rather listen to the local idiot than DierDork.

Phil Simms for sure....shame shame for leaving him off the list....

and i can't remember his name, retired now, old dude that did games for CBS for years......he played too, i think.

chit! i can't think of his name

Pat Summerall?

Excellent call. Knew his stuff, didn't scream and shout, didn't talk down to you.....nah, there's no way he's fitting in.

He absolutely tops my list. Heck when he was with Miller, he was funnier than him and somehow made Miller the straight guy.

Fouts is the best by far and should be on the list.

I like Simms too, and although Collinsworth is an annoying pencil neck what he says is often pretty good. It's just wrapped in his chit.

Pat Summerall?

YES!.....of course you would know! :wacko:

he was a receiver wasn't he?

always liked those late games on sunday, laying on the couch, watching the game

with the smells of my Moms sunday family dinner wafting through the house.....ahh, good times. makes me hungry.

Fouts was solid on MNF and has been doing a great job of calling college games since. The NFL needs to bring him back.

One thing I didn't like about Fouts was he really seemed to undercut Dennis Miller every chance he got...I recall many a moment where Miller - who was essentially a surrogate for the average fan - would make an observation as he saw it and Fouts, who could've stepped up and said something like "it might look that way, but here's what's really going on..." would just essentially say "well, what the f*ck do you know about anything?"

Has nothing to do with Fouts ability to explain the game, and maybe Fouts had some personal stuff with Miller, but it struck me as being unprofessional.

He faded towards the end of his career but had one of the all-time great voices.

I remember watching Summerall's last game, and they did a retrospective on his great calls....man was he GREAT back in the day, silky-smooth. It only highlighted how awful he had become over his last 5-10 yrs.

One thing I didn't like about Fouts was he really seemed to undercut Dennis Miller every chance he got...I recall many a moment where Miller - who was essentially a surrogate for the average fan - would make an observation as he saw it and Fouts, who could've stepped up and said something like "it might look that way, but here's what's really going on..." would just essentially say "well, what the f*ck do you know about anything?"

Has nothing to do with Fouts ability to explain the game, and maybe Fouts had some personal stuff with Miller, but it struck me as being unprofessional.

I liked that about Fouts. I didn't think Miller did any homework preparing for the night's games and Fouts enjoyed pointing it out.

Whoever voted for Dan DierDork needs to have there huddle membership revoked.

I used to hate him on MNF, but the last few years I've been very pleased with the team of him and greg gumbel. I don't really like either guy that much individually, but they do a very professional job together.

the current guy I really can't stand is randy cross. the worst of all time was todd christensen.

That's how Fouts taught me a bunch about the game that I didn't know. I really liked that about him: he could explain to the laymen what was really going on.

I used to hate him on MNF, but the last few years I've been very pleased with the team of him and greg gumbel. I don't really like either guy that much individually, but they do a very professional job together.

the current guy I really can't stand is randy cross. the worst of all time was todd christensen.

:wacko: I suppose he has gotten better but ugly women get prettier with each beer as well. I'd rather stick myself in the ear with a fork than listen to him. Thank god the 200+ patrons at the bar yesterday drowned his voice out.

I do agree with you on Todd Crhistensen. What a tool.

Hell, I'm not sure that I ever noticed that... or perhaps I just don't remember it.

I can see how Fouts might not not appreciate a comedian like Miller acting as a side-show in the booth. Doesn't excuse his behavior, though... and probably explains why he's no longer a part of the Idiot Tea Party that MNF has become.

You have Marshall Faulk on the list, but no Warren Sapp. Not that he would get my vote over some others, but he his leagues ahead of Faulk, and they do the show together. At least Sapp speaks his mind and holds nothing back, whereas Faulk could be replaced by shoe and no one would notice.

You should make another poll for the worst one

Edited by dino88