[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Tex goes to the Evil Empire

darin3

I ask again, do you support free market capitalism or communism?

200 Million dollars vs teams with 15 , 20 , 40 million dollars ... its a joke

Put a cap on and Yankees would not even know what to do ...the worst run organization in sports ...because there is no planning , there is no manuevering , and a monkee can write a check ...anyone and i mean anyone in the Huddle can be GM and President of the Yankees ...takes no skill , savy or knowledge ...just Big George's check book and a pen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

No, what's funny is the implication that the Yankees "buy" championships. How's that working out for them?

It's not the "buying of championships" that is the issue because that clearly isn't working out for them. It is the lifting of players from other teams that is the problem. Y'see, the likes of Minnesota get by with three or four top quality players and a bunch of honest journeymen, scrubs and rookies. When your bloated $hitbag of an owner comes along and takes one or two of said star players, it doesn't sit well with us, so we all fuc*ing hate you.

:D

Put a cap on and Yankees would not even know what to do ...the worst run organization in sports ...because there is no planning , there is no manuevering , and a monkee can write a check ...anyone and i mean anyone in the Huddle can be GM and President of the Yankees ...takes no skill , savy or knowledge ...just Big George's check book and a pen

The Yankees are run just like the state they represent. It's kind of ironic. They have spent 400+ million this year and are trying to hit up NYS for money for the new stadium. Meanwhile NYS has a 13.7 billion dollar deficit next year and they are hitting up the taxpayers with 88 new taxes and fees including the infamous 18% obesity tax. Two big fat pigs rolling around in sh1t together. New York meet your Yankees. What a perfect fit...

It's not the "buying of championships" that is the issue because that clearly isn't working out for them. It is the lifting of players from other teams that is the problem. Y'see, the likes of Minnesota get by with three or four top quality players and a bunch of honest journeymen, scrubs and rookies. When your bloated $hitbag of an owner comes along and takes one or two of said star players, it doesn't sit well with us, so we all fuc*ing hate you.

:wacko:

and let me add , Yankees get it both ways

They keep their own home grown players by overpaying them and then they go and steal others teams homegrown talent by overspending for them as well

Put a cap on and Yankees would not even know what to do ...the worst run organization in sports ..

Looking at their results over the past decade, you may very well be right. So, what is everyone byotching about? They're doing what they think will win, it's not working. Your team follows a course of action they feel either gives them the best shot of winning or puts the most $$ in their pocket. So do the Yankees.

I think some teams in the league do neither.

and let me add , Yankees get it both ways

They keep their own home grown players by overpaying them and then they go and steal others teams homegrown talent by overspending for them as well

Blasphemy... Posada's 4 yr 52 million extension was a steal :wacko:

So, what is everyone byotching about?

Well I think it is pretty clear why I am byotching about it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that other fans are probably byotching about it because they have lost some of their very good players to the Yankees and other big market teams because they simply cannot afford them.

God I hate Yankee fans!

Except it's so easy - and fun - to rile them up. :wacko:

Don't throw that BS out there. This is baseball. We are not talking about governement policy or economics. If it wasn't for the small market teams, the Yankees would only have 3-4 teams to compete against. If the Yanks allienate enough fans with this crap it will be horrible for the sport.

If? I think it's already happened. It'll only get worse as our economy continues to swirl down the toilet and these fat cats keep getting richer.

I am in!

These owners should not own a team. While the Yankees spend way too much, any franchise that spends nothing deserves nothing.

This year the Yankees chopped off about $88 million in salaries to Giambi, Mussina, Bobby A, Pettitte etc

The three signings amount to $62 million. Therefore their salary dropped about $26 million. Now they use that savings to sign Manny the screaming should never stop.

I ask again, do you support free market capitalism or communism?

That's a retarded analogy in the sports world.

I support a sporting environment that is sporting. That means all teams have roughly a level playing field from which to operate.

This concept is a large part of the reason why the NFL is far and away the top sports league. The biggest issue the NFL has in terms of balance is the large salary requirements for unproven rookie players. Otherwise the salary cap format works very well, and it is the teams that build the best organizations within those equalizing rules that have success.

That's a retarded analogy in the sports world.

I support a sporting environment that is sporting. That means all teams have roughly a level playing field from which to operate.

This concept is a large part of the reason why the NFL is far and away the top sports league. The biggest issue the NFL has in terms of balance is the large salary requirements for unproven rookie players. Otherwise the salary cap format works very well, and it is the teams that build the best organizations within those equalizing rules that have success.

There's nothing here to disagree with per se, though it should be pointed out that baseball also seems to be a level playing field in terms of variation of participants in the WS, as was pointed out earlier. This is probably due to the more random nature of the game itself than anything else.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

There's nothing here to disagree with per se, though it should be pointed out that baseball also seems to be a level playing field in terms of variation of participants in the WS, as was pointed out earlier. This is probably due to the more random nature of the game itself than anything else.

If you take a look at the history of the last 12ish years, you will find certain teams that perennially compete, while others do not. The majority of those that do are spenders, while the majority of those that do not can't come up with the funds.

The Yankees had won 11 straight division titles up to this past season. The Red Sox finished second in all or most of those 11 seasons.

Of course it's not loco. It makes perfect sense since the Yanks are the best at buying championships.

And by "podunk team", do you mean the Red Sox, the winners of two of the past five championships? :wacko:

.... and yes, before you go there, I know the Sox also go bananas with buying their way in, but this is simply ridiculous.

Since when are you a Red Sox fan. I thought you were a Cubs fan by previous posts. Seriously dude, do you actually have a favorite team in any sport, or do you just change from year to year. Are you sure you are not a Phils fan, I mean they did win the WS this year.

I find it laughable how a team can spend this much money year in year out and have nothing to show for it this decade. Bottom line is NY has to do something to compete with the Big Boys. Tampa is still better than NY even with all this spending, and while this probably brings NY closer or even to Boston, it certainly isnt a given they even make the playoffs this year.

Since when are you a Red Sox fan. I thought you were a Cubs fan by previous posts. Seriously dude, do you actually have a favorite team in any sport, or do you just change from year to year. Are you sure you are not a Phils fan, I mean they did win the WS this year.

:wacko: He is indeed a Cubs fan.

Of course it's not loco. It makes perfect sense since the Yanks are the best at buying championships.

:wacko: ...i don't think this was meant to be sarcastic.

all teams shop for the same groceries, the NYY just choose to shop at the more expensive grocery stores.

but why buy broccoli at $20 a .lb when you can get it for $1.29 and it will give you the same gas?

Curious where you get that? The Yankees have been terrible at buying championships. Ever since 2002, when they brought in Mussina and Giambi and really expanded the payroll, they haven't gotten anything.

back that up to 2001....8 years running and billion$ later

The only team that truly bought a title was the 2004 Red Sox. I'm not sure they had 2 home grown players on their playoff roster... but I realize that's not the point.

it's not true that the 04' Sox are 'the only team that truly bought a title'.....many of the key players were with the club for a few years before they won anything.....including Pedro and Manny....yes, they brought in Schilling and Foulke but thats part of the game.

i don't think it's quite fair to say they bought the Championship in 04' like the NYY try and buy a Championship every year....

and fwiw, i believe they had 4 or 5 players that they developed through the farm system if you count Nomar.

If you take a look at the history of the last 12ish years, you will find certain teams that perennially compete, while others do not. The majority of those that do are spenders, while the majority of those that do not can't come up with the funds.

The Yankees had won 11 straight division titles up to this past season. The Red Sox finished second in all or most of those 11 seasons.

I agree again. I was focusing on the final two WS contenders as opposed to being in contention year in, year out.