[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now the Pac-10 in undefeated

devildog0311

As a overall conference the Pac10 was down considering they only had 5 teams qualify for bowl games, but 5-0 sort of makes up for that.

Keep in mind that that is the equivalent of a 12 team conference sending 6. Which, while not hugely impressive is not anything to be ashamed of.

+1

with emphasis on the "sort of".

Right, because what the top half of your conference does against the top half of others on the field of play should never be used to actually determine who is best. It's much more effective to simply vote and compare teams out of context.

I should further add that how crappy the bottom of your conference is compared to another should have little or no bearing on evaluating the best teams in that conference. Sure UW and WSU were about as bad as it gets in D-1A. So, what if they were just a bit better. Not better enough to actually pose a real threat of beating anyone, just better than they are. Would that legitimize USC any more? If two of their wins were against teams rated around #75 instead of #80?

Ask the ACC how much being "deep" matters. They sent, what 10 teams to bowls? Nine? Great and more than half lost. Big deal.

Edited by detlef

Keep in mind that that is the equivalent of a 12 team conference sending 6. Which, while not hugely impressive is not anything to be ashamed of.

exactly - not too mention the Pac 10 non conference slate is much tougher than any Big 10,12 or SEC teams played - so that makes it a bit tougher to get to the 6-7 win mark.

Right, because what the top half of your conference does against the top half of others on the field of play should never be used to actually determine who is best. It's much more effective to simply vote and compare teams out of context.

I should further add that how crappy the bottom of your conference is compared to another should have little or no bearing on evaluating the best teams in that conference. Sure UW and WSU were about as bad as it gets in D-1A. So, what if they were just a bit better. Not better enough to actually pose a real threat of beating anyone, just better than they are. Would that legitimize USC any more? If two of their wins were against teams rated around #75 instead of #80?

Ask the ACC how much being "deep" matters. They sent, what 10 teams to bowls? Nine? Great and more than half lost. Big deal.

Excuse me, but

Oregon was the #2 team in the Pac-10, going against the #5 team in the Big 12

Arizona beat a mid major BYU team that TCU completely destroyed.

SC punked another BIg 10 team on their home turf, that is in the process of winning 1 bowl game all season.

California is 9-4 and beat 7-5 Miami 24-17

Oregon St won while scoring only 3 points.

Im not trying to take away anything from the Pac-10, but lets put things somewhat in perspective. Id only consider one of those games an upset.

And I could care less into getting into a pissing match about which conference is best. There is only one game I hava rooting interest in and only that game I care about who wins.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Whats amazing to me, is how many Pac-10 guys ride the nuts of other teams. I could care less about any team in the Big 12, unless it benefits OU. Guess when your teams sucks you have to leach onto someones nut.

This from the guy who touted the Big 12, all year, as the supreme :D conference in college football. Even though most of the defenses couldn't stop a DII squad. And then to turn his head as they were exposed in the bowl games . :D

Yes, I'm a Pac-10 fan because my favorite team plays in the PAC-10 and I have followed the conference for 39 years. But I'll again give credit this year, as I have the last 3, to the SEC for having the best conference from top to bottom in college football.

Oh, and Congratulations to the Pac-10 for finishing as the only undefeated conference in the College Bowl Series :wacko:

We are yet to see how this finishes. So Ill reserve judgement until Jan 8. But I could care less about the Big 12 all season long. I only care what is in OUs best interest. I didnt root for Tech today, as I didnt have a dog in the fight, and I can guarantee I wont be rooting for Texas Monday night for recruiting purposes. I want OSU to kill them. And I certainly dont give a rats ass about OSU, its whats in OUs best interest I care about. Period. So if the Big 12 goes 1-6 in bowls, and OU wins the National Championship Im the happiest man on this site.

We are yet to see how this finishes. So Ill reserve judgement until Jan 8. But I could care less about the Big 12 all season long. I only care what is in OUs best interest. I didnt root for Tech today, as I didnt have a dog in the fight, and I can guarantee I wont be rooting for Texas Monday night for recruiting purposes. I want OSU to kill them. And I certainly dont give a rats ass about OSU, its whats in OUs best interest I care about. Period. So if the Big 12 goes 1-6 in bowls, and OU wins the National Championship Im the happiest man on this site.

I'm not sure why this is, but fans of the SEC are different in this respect. Note--I'm not saying better, I'm saying different. When watching the bowls, I root like hell for the SEC teams. I want every team in the SEC to win every out of conference game they play. Florida and Georgia and Florida and LSU are big rivals, but I routinely root for them when playing out of conference. And I don't mean mildly clapping my hands when they win, I mean standing up and cheering when they score. Watching Alabama lose to Utah sucked last night. I don't like Saban but Alabama is part of the SEC, so I wanted them to win. In the college pool, I picked GT to beat LSU because I thought they would. I was happy that I was wrong. Nothing so much drove home what the SEC is about than last year, after LSU won the NC game against Ohio State and the LSU players were chanting "SEC, SEC!"

In addition, I feel that if a conference is perceived as stronger, it can help recruiting for each team in the conference.

I'm not sure why this is, but fans of the SEC are different in this respect. Note--I'm not saying better, I'm saying different. When watching the bowls, I root like hell for the SEC teams. I want every team in the SEC to win every out of conference game they play. Florida and Georgia and Florida and LSU are big rivals, but I routinely root for them when playing out of conference. And I don't mean mildly clapping my hands when they win, I mean standing up and cheering when they score. Watching Alabama lose to Utah sucked last night. I don't like Saban but Alabama is part of the SEC, so I wanted them to win. In the college pool, I picked GT to beat LSU because I thought they would. I was happy that I was wrong. Nothing so much drove home what the SEC is about than last year, after LSU won the NC game against Ohio State and the LSU players were chanting "SEC, SEC!"

In addition, I feel that if a conference is perceived as stronger, it can help recruiting for each team in the conference.

+1

Let's see a show of hands that believes that Sarge wasn't pulling for the Red Raiders against Ole Miss yesterday in the Cotton Bowl :wacko:

+1

Let's see a show of hands that believes that Sarge wasn't pulling for the Red Raiders against Ole Miss yesterday in the Cotton Bowl :wacko:

Exactly !

He's touted TCU and UC as well. Both which can be beaten by any top 10 team, so who really cares if OU just happened to play them , TT , Texas , Penn St. , Florida, Alambam, OSU , USC and a number more would have won those games as well. Big 12 has been exposed as an offensive sham manufactured simply by horrible defenses.

Remember the only reason that OU is in the NC Game is because of Texas Tech. Yeah, that win really has alot of meaning now doesn't it :D

The big win over Missouri has to be discounted as well, considering the lost the game against a very average at best Northwestern team, aside of the missed extra point.

Edited by theeohiostate

Exactly !

He's touted TCU and UC as well. Both which can be beaten by any top 10 team, so who really cares if OU just happened to play them , TT , Texas , Penn St. , Florida, Alambam, OSU , USC and a number more would have won those games as well. Big 12 has been exposed as an offensive sham manufactured simply by horrible defenses.

Remember the only reason that OU is in the NC Game is because of Texas Tech. Yeah, that win really has alot of meaning now doesn't it :wacko:

The big win over Missouri has to be discounted as well, considering the lost the game against a very average at best Northwestern team, aside of the missed extra point.

why do you guys even bother with Private? - seriously.

he is an effing fool that argues out of both sides of his mouth, contradicts himself over and over and is just a str8 up dOOchbag that is obviously an unhappy, negative dood.

Exactly !

Remember the only reason that OU is in the NC Game is because of Texas Tech. Yeah, that win really has alot of meaning now doesn't it :wacko:

I like your thinking TOS, since NW beat Mizzou cause of the missed PAT, then Texas beat TT cause of the missed tackle and missed INT the last two plays of the game.....so we get to now play UF for the NC game thanks!!! Whoo Hoo!!

he is an effing fool that argues out of both sides of his mouth, contradicts himself over and over and is just a str8 up dOOchbag that is obviously an unhappy, negative dood.

Very well stated.

Lets just say if you had any integrity at all, and were a man of your word, you would have $100 of my money right now on Tech. But you spew out your ass, I call your bluff, and then youfold like a tent. Too Bad for you. because if I make a bet, I pay up.

Very well stated.

LMAO, coming from someone who follows me around like a lil puppy dog. Have you ever thought just maybe, I get a rise outta seeing you tools get riled up and could care less what the point is.

As far as unhappy, are you freaking kidding me. I own my own business, have 3 healthy kids, have great family and friends and use this site for entertainment purposes. SO thank you for making it so easy. IN the past I actually had to work for it. But not with the tools in this forum.

I root for one team here, OU. I rip everyone else. Whats sad is I actually have to say this. You idiots cant figure it out for yourselves.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Exactly !

I rooted for Tech against Texas because it had to happen to set OU up in the position they are in now. I root what is in the best interest of my team. As far as recruiting, 85% of OUs recruits come from Texas, why would I want Texas to win their bowl game, just before the signing period.

And forgive me, but why would I root for my rival. I hate those guys. Id never want them to have success. I dont get how anyone could root for their biggest rival. Seems a lil fairweather to me.

LMAO, coming from someone who follows me around like a lil puppy dog. Have you ever thought just maybe, I get a rise outta seeing you tools get riled up and could care less what the point is.

As far as unhappy, are you freaking kidding me. I own my own business :D , have 3 healthy kids, have great family and friends and use this site for entertainment purposes. SO thank you for making it so easy. IN the past I actually had to work for it. But not with the tools in this forum.

I root for one team here, OU. I rip everyone else. Whats sad is I actually have to say this. You idiots cant figure it out for yourselves.

This clown continue to make our case for us. Delirious :wacko: