[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FLA is going to kill Oklahoma

Sgt Ryan

Come on Sarge it's not the NFL. Even you should understand that in college football perceived SOS is critical. Look at Utah & USC. Both are not playing for the BCS NC this season simply based off perceived SOS. Got to wonder if the voters knew Texas Tech, Oklahoma State & possibly Texas were going to lose to OOC opponents maybe your beloved Sooners would not be playing in the big game.

Texas wont lose to OSU, and if OU wasnt playing in the NC game, Texas would be, not Utah or SC.

I supose LSU is better than Tech since they won their bowl game, but lost 5 games this year, as compared to Tech losing twice one being their bowl game, to a team that throttled LSU in Baton Rouge, Ole Miss.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas wont lose to OSU, and if OU wasnt playing in the NC game, Texas would be, not Utah or SC.

I supose LSU is better than Tech since they won their bowl game, but lost 5 games this year, as compared to Tech losing twice one being their bowl game, to a team that throttled LSU in Baton Rouge, Ole Miss.

Why do you think LSU was picked to play in the BCS NC last season over OK and Florida the year before over Michigan?

Why do you think LSU was picked to play in the BCS NC last season over OK and Florida the year before over Michigan?

Maybe Les Miles blew someone. Hell I dont know. LSU lost to arkansas in their final reg season game. No way in hell they deserved to be in that game over OU or half a dozen other teams. That was the biggest sham in college sports a year ago.

Answer is simple: SEC Champions

hmm. The same team this year that struggled with Bama for 4 quarters, only to watch Bama get their ass kicked by Utah. Wonder if that lil fact changes anyone opinion about the title game. And before you quack about Tech losing to Ole Miss. OU crushed Tech by 44, and Ole Miss punked FLA at home. :wacko:

hmm. The same team this year that struggled with Bama for 4 quarters, only to watch Bama get their ass kicked by Utah. Wonder if that lil fact changes anyone opinion about the title game. And before you quack about Tech losing to Ole Miss. OU crushed Tech by 44, and Ole Miss punked FLA at home. :wacko:

I have long held that Ole Miss should be the Natl Champion.

Whats the point, it doesnt exist.

There are many different planes of existence. Who is any of us to decide what does and does not exist. Essentially what I'm saying is this means that our whole solar system could be one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being.

There are many different planes of existence. Who is any of us to decide what does and does not exist. Essentially what I'm saying is this means that our whole solar system could be one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being.

I know what you mean, you are nothing more than a piece of sh*t outta my ass. :wacko:

+1

Dude, get off the cross. IMO, the two best teams in the country are facing off on Thursday. Now, I'd rather we not guess and have a playoff. However, as long as we're guessing, these are the two worth the guess. OU has been nothing short of dominant this year and there's simply not enough evidence to support saying either team will roll the other.

Now, I would love it if OU got pounded, just because I have never liked that program and, like unta points out, if you're SEC, you're SEC and you want the conference to represent. That said, it's a far cry from wanting something to happen and being certain it will.

Yeah its quite evident that SEC is SEC, as you guys chant it after wins vs other teams not form the SEC, I was pulling for OSU all the way. I agree with Sarge here, I'm not Big 12 I'm OU all the way, with a UT loss it might help OU in recruiting, I'm all everything that helps OU and a UT loss might have just did that.....Congrats to Saxet but I was so hoping they would lose. Now on the other hand I do like Tech but Tech's chances of competing for recruits with UT and OU are slim, they just take the leftovers and Leach coaches em up and they are good if not great players at the college level.

And i think Fla will be a handfull to say the least, I just hope Sammy can work his magic.........

Just a qucik question if you are a Bama fan, why root for AUB or FLA or LSU for that matter, being that they are your major recruiting competition, just makes no snese to me.

Just a qucik question if you are a Bama fan, why root for AUB or FLA or LSU for that matter, being that they are your major recruiting competition, just makes no snese to me.

Guess since I'm a SEC fan that makes me somewhat of a Bama fan, so here's one big reason.

August 25, 2008

SEC, ESPN agree to milestone contract

Calling it a "milestone'' agreement, ESPN and the SEC have entered into a new 15-year agreementm, beginning next season, which will mark the longest national rights agreement in the network's history.

Street & Smith’s Sports Business Journal reported the deal is worth $2.25 billion over the life of the deal. The SEC will get about $150 million a year. CBS reached a 15-year deal with the conference in mid-August that is also worth about $55 million per year. The two deals mean each SEC school will get close to $20 million a year from the two contracts.

As part of the new deal, ESPN entities (ESPN, ESPN on ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Regional Television, ESPN360.com, ESPN Mobile TV, ESPN GamePlan, ESPN FULL COURT, ESPN International, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Classic) will carry more than 5,500 SEC events – including football, men’s and women’s basketball, Olympic sports and SEC championships.

The deal ends any chance the conference will develop its own television network similar to the Big Ten. SEC commissioner Mike Slive said the deal has been in the works for the past year. The

contract allows the 12 schools to maintain local multimedia contracts. UF recently reached an $80 million agreement with Sun sports for 10 years, starting in 2009.

ESPN has been televising the SEC since 1982. As part of the new agreement:

- ESPN and ESPN2 will continue to offer premier SEC games, including Saturday night and two primetime Thursday football games, three nights (instead of one) of men’s basketball and present SEC championships in women’s basketball, baseball, softball and gymnastics.

- ESPN Regional Television will become the new over-the-air syndication home for SEC football and basketball games. In addition, ESPN and the SEC will work together to offer multi-sport packages (including football, men’s and women’s basketball, Olympic sports and conference championships) of SEC content for regional cable syndication.

-ESPNU will now offer exclusive SEC telecasts, including football and basketball and selected conference championships. In addition, the network will present a weekly, hour-long program on SEC sports throughout the academic year as well as sport-by-sport previews, reviews and specials.

- The semifinals and championship of the SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament will be televised nationally for the first time on ESPN on ABC.

- All SEC championship games, except football, will be aired on either ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN on ABC, ESPNU or ESPN Classic

I'll speak for myself on this one. In no particular order:

1. I want Florida coming from the best conference. It reflects positively on UF if our wins come from the best teams and our losses come from the best teams. When our conference is strong and performs well, it reflects well on each team.

2. I think a strong conference improves each team's ability to recruit. Think about it--you're a top recruit and lots of teams want you. You're used to doing pretty much whatever you want against other high school teams. When a recruit believes that he is one of the best, does he want to compete against teams that he believes are inferior and athletes he believes are inferior? How about this for a pitch from a coach--"Joe Recruit, you're an amazing player with great talent. You might have a chance to play at the next level. I say 'might.' Answer me this Joe Recruit--are you going to improve and develop your game by playing against Clemson, Boston College, Washington, etc or are you going to become that NFL caliber player by running through the gauntlet of LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn. Hell, even our bottom dwellers generally do well in bowl games (see Vanderbilt and Kentucky). I'm offering you the opportunity to be one of the best by playing against the best!"

3. I can't explain why, but there is simply a sense of brother/sisterhood among SEC teams. Maybe it's because we're all in the South and we're just nicer people. We have our intense rivalries, no doubt. I assert that the intensity of a Florida-Georgia game matches any rivalry in the country. We all yell our insults and pick on each others weaknesses and chant for our teams, etc. But at the same time, when walking around during tailgating time, Georgia fans think nothing of calling Florida fans over to share what they're cooking and have a friendly conversation (and vice versa). I know this to be true from personal experience. The only other big rivalry I can compare this to is Florida-FSU. We all live in the same state but there is almost nothing friendly about this rivalry. If Florida had to go 1-11 in a season, I want that win to be over FSU. There just seems to be a general dislike between the two teams. I picked FSU in the college pool but found myself rooting against them while watching the game.

Did I answer your question?

Answer me this Joe Recruit--are you going to improve and develop your game by playing against Clemson, Boston College, Washington, etc or are you going to become that NFL caliber player by running through the gauntlet of LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn. Hell, even our bottom dwellers generally do well in bowl games (see Vanderbilt and Kentucky). I'm offering you the opportunity to be one of the best by playing against the best!"

HEY!! Can you leave my Huskies out of your eloquent response? Jeeeze! :D

Everyone's beating up on UDub! You just wait. There will be payback :wacko:

Look at our coaching staff ..... USC2 ...... The Fear Factor has risen in the Pacfic Northwest over the last 48 hours :D

Edited by theprofessor

1. I want Florida coming from the best conference. It reflects positively on UF if our wins come from the best teams and our losses come from the best teams. When our conference is strong and performs well, it reflects well on each team.

2. I think a strong conference improves each team's ability to recruit. Think about it--you're a top recruit and lots of teams want you. You're used to doing pretty much whatever you want against other high school teams. When a recruit believes that he is one of the best, does he want to compete against teams that he believes are inferior and athletes he believes are inferior? How about this for a pitch from a coach--"Joe Recruit, you're an amazing player with great talent. You might have a chance to play at the next level. I say 'might.' Answer me this Joe Recruit--are you going to improve and develop your game by playing against Clemson, Boston College, Washington, etc or are you going to become that NFL caliber player by running through the gauntlet of LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn. Hell, even our bottom dwellers generally do well in bowl games (see Vanderbilt and Kentucky). I'm offering you the opportunity to be one of the best by playing against the best!"

3. I can't explain why, but there is simply a sense of brother/sisterhood among SEC teams. Maybe it's because we're all in the South and we're just nicer people. We have our intense rivalries, no doubt. I assert that the intensity of a Florida-Georgia game matches any rivalry in the country. We all yell our insults and pick on each others weaknesses and chant for our teams, etc. But at the same time, when walking around during tailgating time, Georgia fans think nothing of calling Florida fans over to share what they're cooking and have a friendly conversation (and vice versa). I know this to be true from personal experience. The only other big rivalry I can compare this to is Florida-FSU. We all live in the same state but there is almost nothing friendly about this rivalry. If Florida had to go 1-11 in a season, I want that win to be over FSU. There just seems to be a general dislike between the two teams. I picked FSU in the college pool but found myself rooting against them while watching the game.

Pretty much sums it up. I recall my first SEC game, it was UT vs Bama in Knoxville. My buddy scored some amazing seats but we just happened to be sitting among the few Bama fans in the whole place. We had a great time with them and everyone was gracious as all hell. Keep in mind, I just sort of adopted the Vols as my team because I had some really good friends who went there and they were the only guys I knew into college ball.

None the less, I've always been that way about whatever conference rules the area I live in. Because I was raised in Cali, I've always had a soft spot for the Pac 10. To this day I like to see those teams do well. Having now lived in North Carolina for 6 years, I'm that way about ACC hoops. I never liked Duke before I moved here, so I've become a bit of a UNC fan. In as much as I like to see them win. However, it seems natural to me that you want the other members of your conference to help legitimize your favorite team's success.

Honestly, based on what I see here, with Pac 10 honks taking up for the Pac 10, and Big 10 honks taking up for the Big 10, and SEC honks taking up for the SEC. Hell, my chef is from Connecticut and a huge huskies fan. He was in my grill all morning about how much better the Big East is than the ACC in hoops. Perhaps we're not the ones that should be explaining ourselves. Taking up for your conference seems more the norm and the way you hateful Big 12 guys see it seems to be out of the ordinary.

or just liars.

Any college football or basketball fan that does not pull for their own conference is full of chit.

call it tribal, whatever - that is yer hood and if they look good, you look good and vice-versa.

ESPECIALLY in football under the BCS bc strength of sched and who you play goes a long way in determining your season - you better want your conference to do well.

I love seeing the Pac 10 do well in all sports, we are The Conference of CHampions............

and in a big, say BCS game, I can even muster some strength and root for ASU - it is hard, but it can be done.

Wait....people in the South are "nicer people"...that is funny, nicer than who? Northeasterners....OK I give you that one, but really nicer overall, I have lived in many states and spent time in just about all of them, but just being in the south does not make you more friendly than Betty from Iowa serving a nice "hot plate".

Wait....people in the South are "nicer people"...that is funny, nicer than who? Northeasterners....OK I give you that one, but really nicer overall, I have lived in many states and spent time in just about all of them, but just being in the south does not make you more friendly than Betty from Iowa serving a nice "hot plate".

I have taken a poll of 517 southerners. 98% said that southern people are nicer than you. You can't argue with results like these. Have a nice day.

or just liars.

Any college football or basketball fan that does not pull for their own conference is full of chit.

call it tribal, whatever - that is yer hood and if they look good, you look good and vice-versa.

ESPECIALLY in football under the BCS bc strength of sched and who you play goes a long way in determining your season - you better want your conference to do well.

I love seeing the Pac 10 do well in all sports, we are The Conference of CHampions............

and in a big, say BCS game, I can even muster some strength and root for ASU - it is hard, but it can be done.

LMAO, so Now Im a lair because I hate UT, and I rooted for OSU last night. That game winning drive may cost OU several top recruits in Texas.

I Do not root for Texas ever, unless it benefits OU in the regular season, with maybe the exception of when Texas played SC, because of how cocky SC was going into that game. I like Colt McCoy, but Mack Brown irritates the hell outta me, and I cant root for him or his squad as a result. In fact I usually root for the underdog unless one of my teams are playing.

And didnt you contradict yourself here, saying you can muster some strength to root for ASU, its hard but it can be done. What makes you think it can be done for everyone, you yourself just said muster some strength and its hard.

Taking up for your conference seems more the norm and the way you hateful Big 12 guys see it seems to be out of the ordinary.

Believe it or not it is the norm for Big 12 fans as well with the exception of most OU fans i know. Myself and most of my Big 12 friends root for any conference school playing. Hell I'm a KUfan and I even rooted for Mizzou in their bowl game. That was hard.

Taking up for your conference seems more the norm and the way you hateful Big 12 guys see it seems to be out of the ordinary.

Believe it or not it is the norm for Big 12 fans as well with the exception of most OU fans i know. Myself and most of my Big 12 friends root for any conference school playing. Hell I'm a KUfan and I even rooted for Mizzou in their bowl game. That was hard.

Well then I take it back. Looks like an OU thing. Or maybe an OU/UT thing. Who knows, maybe it's just a Sarge thing. Regardless, the legion of people who seem to have it all wrong is just growing and growing.

Sarge sounds like another Texan (kinda famous actually) who's made a habit of confusing pigheadedness for resolve.

Edited by detlef

Well then I take it back. Looks like an OU thing. Or maybe an OU/UT thing. Who knows, maybe it's just a Sarge thing. Regardless, the legion of people who seem to have it all wrong is just growing and growing.

Sarge sounds like another Texan (kinda famous actually) who's made a habit of confusing pigheadedness for resolve.

Maaaaaannnn! Why'd you have to go and do that? Sarge will think the comparison to shrub is a compliment and his head won't fit in the message board now! :wacko: