[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas vs OSU

sacosud

I have watched that play 3 times on TIVO and I know why the Buckeye staff was going crazy. The official on the near side of the field spotted the ball about a foot short of the 40. Then the head official came in and moved the ball to the 40 where the official on the opposite side of the play had it marked. You'd have to watch it again to see this, but it's clear the ball was moved up 1 foot based on that.

Yeah, but it seemed like the right spot.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Longhorns fans.

I have a sick feeling in my tummy knowing we had this game is so many ways but couldn't bring it home.

I'm sure Texas hasn't faced a team like this all season. They capitalized on our mistakes and made some big plays.

I made up a little list of what I feel our some OSU blunders that led to our defeat.

Missed FG

2 Late hits on the QB allowing for a TD and extending drives, the one that was miscalled allowing for a Texas TD really was criminal.

penalty after penatly stalling drives in the opening quarteg

giving up 2 4th down conversions

2 Texas fumbles that couldn't secure possession of,

2 missed 2 point conversions

Tressel did a good job with Boeckman tonight and I wish he would have did this all season, especially against Penn St, a game we could have won with some air.

In final, if I were OU , I'd be a little worried about what is to come on Thursday. This Texas team isn't anywhere near as good as advertised. OSU is very weak on offense and hasn't been able to pressure with their front four all season until tonight.

We will see, Bama led FLA into the 4th and they were man handled by Utah. Im not making a prediction on the NC game, but I cant wait. I wish this game was tomorrow night, instead of Thursday. Im so ready to get this one on.

And no way Texas is #1 after that performance. OSU scoring too quickly, dropping an INT with 40 seconds left, and a missed tackle over at best the #10 team in the country, is hardly a recipe for #1.

I have watched that play 3 times on TIVO and I know why the Buckeye staff was going crazy. The official on the near side of the field spotted the ball about a foot short of the 40. Then the head official came in and moved the ball to the 40 where the official on the opposite side of the play had it marked. You'd have to watch it again to see this, but it's clear the ball was moved up 1 foot based on that.

You are 100% correct Mike, but the end result was the correct call. Isn't that the most important thing?

In spite of this being Texas' lowest scoring output of the season I will refrain from piling on the "Big XII plays no D" idea because Ohio State is, if nothing else, pretty stout defensively.

I just prefer fans that take their teams losses with a little but of dignity. Tip your cap to the opponents and their fans and be done with it. By your post UT was damned if they won (beat a crappy team) and damed if they lost (lost to a crappy team). Last time I checked conferences didn't share the NC, so I don't see the reason a lot of folks feel it is necessary to take conference shots at every chance they get. Just gets obnoxious after a while.

I have no problem giving Texas props. They definately outplayed my Bucks tonight. Was a much better game then I anticipated. I was poking at a certain a big 12 a-hole, I'm sure most of you know who I am talking about.

Saw that as well, but the shot from the other side of the field, clearly shows that he was past the 40...meaning they lost about 6 inches on the spot. OSU played well, could have been up 14 in the first half, I knew that would come back to haunt them.

Great game by both teams, just shows how weak the BIG 3 of the mighty LIL 12 is. Tech sux , Tex squeaks by the overated crappy big 10 Bucks and Oklahomo gets pounded by Da Gators. Great to be the highest scoring conference playing NOBODY.

I love these "you beat us but you suck" posts. Suck it up. Life will go on.

I was pulling for the Buckeyes all night but I do have to say the spot on the 1st down was the correct spot, in fact they could have gave Texas 3-4 more inches if you watch the replay. The call that hurt OSU the most is the horrible roughing th passer call. The D-Lneman for OSU hit McCoy shoulder to shoulder. I thought the coaching from OSU was poor all night. Your up 4 points and your opponent has the ball on your side of the field with less than 40 seconds and you press your safety's up for run support leaving nobody deep to prevent the touchdown? I don't get it?

They were very average tonight from the way they played all year. Texas played like this against OU, and the Sooners roll them.

I mentioned this in another post but what I believe you are missing here is that Ohio St is the best team defensively that the Longhorns have faced this year. Yes, the offenses in the B12 are very nice but their Ds aren't even in the same league. I don't think Texas played poorly, I think they were actually forced to work for their points, that's all.

I mentioned this in another post but what I believe you are missing here is that Ohio St is the best team defensively that the Longhorns have faced this year. Yes, the offenses in the B12 are very nice but their Ds aren't even in the same league. I don't think Texas played poorly, I think they were actually forced to work for their points, that's all.

Not sure why Colt did not run more in the first half, that would have changed the way OSU played D in the first half. The hurry up was killing OSU and they moved the ball in some big chunks......it was no doubt big 10 footbal in the first half, ball controll, field position, etc. Glad to see it open up in the second half.

Looks like the Big 12 will be 5-2 come Thursday

Well Ohio St gave up more yards tonight 468 than OU gave up 431, and that is with a 62 yard run at the end of the game to ice things.

OU gave up a kickoff return TD, and played poorly on special teams setting Texas up with great field position on several drives. No excuses, but as bad as OU was on defense that day, OSU gave up more yards tonight.

I love the Buckeye defense and I'm actually pretty happy with our program. My mother, however thinks Tressel is a question mark if the Bucks lose tonight. It's funny how people from different parts of the state feel about the program. I argue that it's incredibly ignorant to be unhappy with the program and though I respect this type of attitude and wanting to win every game. I think it's okay to take a step back and look how OSU was prior to Tress. It's funny how winning can breed a attitude of unrest if the ball slightly goes the other direction. I bring up my mom's attitude only because I hear this from a small group of people around here and it really suprise's me. I could see Tress getting more of this if the Bucks lose tonight. I also want to point out a huge number and I would think it's tha majority support Tress and where the program is.

Should be interesting to see if your mother was right about Tressel catching some heat. Down here our fans turn on our coaches pretty quick. It's got to be embarrassing for Buckeye fans to hear other fans refer to tOSU as the Notre Dame of the Big 10.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Correct ? I don't know. Had the ball remained spotted where it was initially called the replay would not have overturned it either.

I thought the replay clearly showed it was a first down. :wacko:

Great game by both teams, just shows how weak the BIG 3 of the mighty LIL 12 is. Tech sux , Tex squeaks by the overated crappy big 10 Bucks and Oklahomo gets pounded by Da Gators. Great to be the highest scoring conference playing NOBODY.

Well if you say so cicny boy..................

Braford 29 of 38 for 395 yds and 5 TD's, Murray 15 carries for 88yds 1 TD, Brown 15 carries for 71yds 1 TD, Madu 11-35, Fianl score OU 52 Bearcats 26, lmao Big East chumps............. :wacko:

Congrats to Texas. Colt McCoy proved himself again to me. Gutsy drive late. Not to mention the key drive of the whole game, the opening drive of the 2nd half, which totally swung momentum towards the Horns, and that was all McCoy. I agree with BS, Ohio State was by far the toughest defense the Horns have faced all year long. Texas actually had to sustain drives. Forget about the yards, look at how long it took Texas to get those points. In the Big 12, they just raced up the field and scored. I don't think this is a black eye for Ohio State as the USC and Florida losses (and I guess the LSU loss as well, but I still maintain that was a pretty evenly matched game with bonehead plays by Ohio State making a key difference). Texas was in the discussion to be in the BCS NC game, and lets not forget, didn't this line open at -10 or 11? I think people came to their senses and it was -8 by game time, but the point is, Texas was supposed to roll this slow Big Ten team. Didn't work out that way. Congrats to Texas, great win, in the only bcs bowl game thus far worth watching.

Congrats to Texas. Colt McCoy proved himself again to me. Gutsy drive late. Not to mention the key drive of the whole game, the opening drive of the 2nd half, which totally swung momentum towards the Horns, and that was all McCoy. I agree with BS, Ohio State was by far the toughest defense the Horns have faced all year long. Texas actually had to sustain drives. Forget about the yards, look at how long it took Texas to get those points. In the Big 12, they just raced up the field and scored. I don't think this is a black eye for Ohio State as the USC and Florida losses (and I guess the LSU loss as well, but I still maintain that was a pretty evenly matched game with bonehead plays by Ohio State making a key difference). Texas was in the discussion to be in the BCS NC game, and lets not forget, didn't this line open at -10 or 11? I think people came to their senses and it was -8 by game time, but the point is, Texas was supposed to roll this slow Big Ten team. Didn't work out that way. Congrats to Texas, great win, in the only bcs bowl game thus far worth watching.

I dont know, that bama/Utah game was certainly worth watching. That was a great game.

Did you mean to insult Oklahoma?

Did you mean to insult Oklahoma?

No just pointing out that there isn't a single defense that Texas faced that was better than Ohio State. That was pretty evident, by Ohio State holding Texas to 24 points. Yeah Texas racked up a ton of passing yards, but Mccoy had to throw it 59 times to do it. If it makes anyone feel better, Texas was BY FAR the best offense Ohio State had to face all year. Not sure if that made anyone feel better. I think it's pretty much stating the obvious. Just like saying USC would do to just about anyone else, what they did to Penn State and Ohio State. They were the unlucky teams that got to face USC this year.