[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas vs OSU

sacosud

No just pointing out that there isn't a single defense that Texas faced that was better than Ohio State. That was pretty evident, by Ohio State holding Texas to 24 points. Yeah Texas racked up a ton of passing yards, but Mccoy had to throw it 59 times to do it. If it makes anyone feel better, Texas was BY FAR the best offense Ohio State had to face all year. Not sure if that made anyone feel better. I think it's pretty much stating the obvious. Just like saying USC would do to just about anyone else, what they did to Penn State and Ohio State. They were the unlucky teams that got to face USC this year.

Really? I mean about your comment on USC. Notice Penn State and Ohio State are just Big 10 teams?? I don't see them do that to teams in major conferences.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned this in another post but what I believe you are missing here is that Ohio St is the best team defensively that the Longhorns have faced this year. Yes, the offenses in the B12 are very nice but their Ds aren't even in the same league. I don't think Texas played poorly, I think they were actually forced to work for their points, that's all.

I think there has to be something said for the month or so in between the last regular season game and the bowl game affecting offenses. Offense is such a timing thing and giving a defensive coordinator a month to break down and coach evens the playing field quite a bit. I'm a big 12 fan so I could obviously be biased but I think you would be surprised how tough it is to play a schedule of Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Mizzou week in and week out when you only have 5-6 days to prepare in between games. The Big 12 Ds don't have the speed (or at least most don't) of SEC schools but the lack of defense thing seems to be more of an anomaly than the usual.

A few thoughts on the game.

Pryor is a horrible passer and I mean very poor. I was down on his throwing abilities before this game, but come on you have to be able to get the ball at least close to your receivers on sideline routes.

Pryor is a fantastic runner and as smooth as Vince Young just incredible how he looks like he's jogging and no can catch him.

Penalties and horrible play calling just killed OSU tonight and of course Texas short passing game gashed OSU. I kind of expected that. Texas pretty much played at least on offense as I expected and a little better than expected on defense.

I was a little suprised OSU did not try to run more clock and kick the field goal, however Boom just broke free and scored. The field goal may have been on Tress's mind. Boeckman was pretty good tonight and I really wondered why he did not play more and had Beanie been in we may have seen more Boeckman ,but with Beanie out and I don't think Tress trusts Boom totally yet he elected to have Pryor be the OSU running game.

I can't blame the ref's myself, OSU had plenty of chances and I'll say it again and again YOU can not have stupid penalties in the RED ZONE!!!!!

Colt was fantastic and has such a quick release. It was just a fantastic performance and really a poor job of play call at the end of the game . I respect the blitz, however you are placing a lot of pressure on Anderson Russell who played his heart out tonight. I mean that was his best game of his time here OSU and what will he be remembered for!!!!!!!! Yep, letting the Texas receiver get by and dive into the end zone.

Pryor please...please ...please learn how to throw. OSU has a rebuilding year to look forward too. I love my Bucks and I'm proud of the program.

Great game and fantastic finish! But I have to say,"what the f'k?" when it comes to the Texas TD. What happened to "keep the play in front of you" ? That was totally inexcusable if you ask me. Nobody at all stayed back. A shame for OSU because they pretty much played the bend but not breeak game defensively the whole game. The last play blew it all. And what can I say about McCoy. Unflappable and toitally cool when the game was on the line. I figured a couple times they'd use one of their 2 timeouts, but they didn't. McCoy was very fum to watch during his college career.

A few thoughts on the game.

Pryor is a horrible passer and I mean very poor. I was down on his throwing abilities before this game, but come on you have to be able to get the ball at least close to your receivers on sideline routes.

Pryor please...please ...please learn how to throw. OSU has a rebuilding year to look forward too. I love my Bucks and I'm proud of the program.

Saw alot of drop balls early in the game. Might have had something to do with Pryor passing later in the game.

McCoy was very fum to watch during his college career.

McCoy's coming back. You'll see more of the same next year with Shipley playing the "Wes Welker" role and a developing Malcolm Williams being the downfield "Randy Moss" threat. Brandon Collins will also see more time with Quan Cosby gone. Many are calling McCoy the Heisman favorite for next year, and why not... came pretty close this season.

Really? I mean about your comment on USC. Notice Penn State and Ohio State are just Big 10 teams?? I don't see them do that to teams in major conferences.

Which teams were those? They didn't play anyone else out of a major conference this year. But if you'd like we can look at their track record against out of conference teams the past few years. I think you'll see similar results. Bottom line is USC does that to everyone. They haven't lost a non conference regular season game since Kansas State beat them in 2002. There only other loss to a non-conference opponent was to Texas, who had that Vince Young guy. If only we had a playoff, then we could see that USC has probably had the best team in the country the past 3 years. Of course its easy to sit back and throw stones when your teams don't have to play them no? Unfortunately we'll never know, but I'm fairly certain USC would have little to no problem beating Florida, or Oklahoma and certainly Texas, who almost got beat by one of those slow Big Ten Teams.

Which teams were those? They didn't play anyone else out of a major conference this year. But if you'd like we can look at their track record against out of conference teams the past few years. I think you'll see similar results. Bottom line is USC does that to everyone. They haven't lost a non conference regular season game since Kansas State beat them in 2002. There only other loss to a non-conference opponent was to Texas, who had that Vince Young guy. If only we had a playoff, then we could see that USC has probably had the best team in the country the past 3 years. Of course its easy to sit back and throw stones when your teams don't have to play them no? Unfortunately we'll never know, but I'm fairly certain USC would have little to no problem beating Florida, or Oklahoma and certainly Texas, who almost got beat by one of those slow Big Ten Teams.

Doesn't Florida have that Tim Tebow guy? :wacko:

Doesn't Florida have that Tim Tebow guy? :wacko:

Florida lost for one thing, so there is no way we could ever call them an all time great team. Texas in 2005 was all time great. But yeah, Tebow might be the type of QB that could hold USC's defense in check, though I would argue that this years USC defense is far superior to that 05 defense. It'd be a good match up, but I think USC would come out on top. I think those are the 2 best teams, and wish that this was the match up we got. Not saying Oklahoma doens't deserve it, because they do, but USC does too.

Florida lost for one thing, so there is no way we could ever call them an all time great team. Texas in 2005 was all time great. But yeah, Tebow might be the type of QB that could hold USC's defense in check, though I would argue that this years USC defense is far superior to that 05 defense. It'd be a good match up, but I think USC would come out on top. I think those are the 2 best teams, and wish that this was the match up we got. Not saying Oklahoma doens't deserve it, because they do, but USC does too.

USC's three LBs (four if you want to count Clay Mathews, who would start at LB for most teams) would have the size/speed to hawk Tebow.

I am a hugh SC hater and yet I have no problem saying they're ridiculously good. I think they'd blow OU out of the water and would likely get by Florida as well.

USC's three LBs (four if you want to count Clay Mathews, who would start at LB for most teams) would have the size/speed to hawk Tebow.

I am a hugh SC hater and yet I have no problem saying they're ridiculously good. I think they'd blow OU out of the water and would likely get by Florida as well.

I beleive that USC is the best team in the country. The funny thing is that the loose culture that Pete Carrol has built is a double edged sword. When things are going well that team is flying all over the place with tremendous confidence and looks unbeatable. However, when the $h!t hits the fan they seem to loose that edge. It happens every year and they drop games they should not. However, in big games that rarely happens. This is not a knock on Carrol or USC, I just find it interesting. Maybe its a Cali thing that my midwest brain cant grasp. Speaking of grasping, USC has the best cheerleading uniforms. I loves them sweaters. :wacko: