[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UNC vs DUKE

Do Work Son

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're comparing Duke to the most talented team in the country. Granted, UNC is way better right now but Duke still has top 10 talent. There are times when Duke is better then UNC but right now UNC is better. Things will change again eventually.

Clemson ran Duke out of the gym as well. I honestly don't think Duke has top 10 talent. Because of the game coaching, Duke is a top 10 team, but they don't have top 10 talent. At least not as a whole. Duke is a well coached team, so they'll continue to win consistently enough to maintain a ranked status. However, you're myopic if you don't see their recent failures in March, coupled with this year's trend as something to be concerned with.

And, once again, Duke has had "top 10" classes for the last several years and it's not like they just lost a bunch of guys. What explains the fact that they looked so overmatched? I understand the ebb and flow bit. The year after they lost Brand, Avery, and Magette (it was those three, right?) was a great excuse to be down. On the other hand 2006, for instance, would have been a great chance for Duke to catch UNC with their pants down because they lost their top 7 scorers from the Championship season. But they didn't. This is not a hangover year for Duke. Based on the ebb and flow, this should be a year where Duke is loaded for a run. They've got a nice mix of upperclassmen and allegedly bad-ass young guys. So, where's the team?

I mean, that's cool. I hope everyone at Duke is smugly waiting around for the "ebb and flow" and reminding themselves how much better coach K is than Roy, because that just means this is going to keep on going. Point to the two big men you're bringing in next year. Just remember that UNC still out recruited you. And while you're at it, hope like hell that Plumlee's little brother is better than he is, 'cause any big man not good enough to work his way into that team's rotation apparently isn't as good as advertised.

Edited by detlef