[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So he really is A-Fraud after all.

SheikYerbuti

From roto:

A number of sources have told Sports Illustrated that Alex Rodriguez tested postive for two types of anabolic steriods in 2003 while playing for the Texas Rangers.

A-Rod was approached with the news in a Miami gym Thursday. "You'll have to talk to the union," he responded when asked to discuss the report. "I'm not saying anything." MLB had no set penalties for a positive test in 2003, but steroids have been expressly prohibited in baseball since 1991. A lab in California contains 103 other positive urine samples. The names of those players are, for now, being protected by the federal government.

Oops!

and in other news water is wet, and Jessica Simpson is fat

Arod went thru a Bonds-esque transformation, just on a slightly smaller scale.

He is the the VP to President Bonds for roids/hgh IMO - he has had a free pass until now.........................

Edited by wildcat2334

AROD transformation in size over time was not that dramatic at all and I am surprised he did take them .... Pujols looks like the big dog now as long as he stays clean and is clean , he should be the one who breaks real home run record of aaron , the right way

But not Griffey Jr. He's still the man.

If he was taking roids he should ask for his money back. Dude missed so much time recovering from injuries that would have healed twice as fast the juicer way.

He is the the VP to President Bonds for roids/hgh IMO - he has had a free pass until now.........................

Comparing the physical transformation of Bonds post-age 37 to Alex Rodriguez is ridiculous.

Go back to Pac 10 football, you might know a little bit more about that than baseball if you think A-Rod is VP of steroids.

I would guess that Sosa, McGuire, and Palmeiro did much more roids than Arod.

But who now is reaping the benefits over a longer period of time for having done them? Those 3 you listed were on their way out as they juiced. A-Rod certainly seems to have more to show for it seeing as how he's still here X years after having done them.

I'm not sure about Raffy, but you can find similar changes a la Bonds in both McGuire and Sosa. They benefitted for 3-4 years each. A-Rod is now going on his 5th (according to this test) and we can reasonably assume he was doing them for some time prior to these failures.

They are all frauds, beginning with Mgwire and Sosa to Bonds, Clemens and Alex Rod. They took a dump on my favorite sport, crapped on the history of it and completely ruined following baseball for me... forever. Cooperstown means nothing anymore. Records are a joke. The purest sport of them all has been ruined forever, at least as far as this ex-fan is concerned.

Oh, tell me I spelled a name wrong. It wasn't spelled correctly in the first place... it's McGuire. I will pee on their graves if I ever get the chance. Other than that, I'm having a pretty good day. :wacko:

If my mom can use HGH on her knee to stabilize and rebuild tissue so she can walk normally, why can't someone who relies on their physical abilities use it for maximum effect in their professional endeavors?

Just pontificating as to why we really treat this as the big deal we do.

Go back to Pac 10 football, you might know a little bit more about that than baseball if you think A-Rod is VP of steroids.

seriously?

I could care less about comparing ARod's roid use to McGwire, Sosa and the rest - but if you think Arod wasn't cheating when he put on a ton of muscle and size and got completely jacked compared to his early days in Seattle, well yer outta yer mind

do you know who uses roids more than anyone in baseball? pitchers

I can run circles around you all day long when it comes to baseball - just like football

your naive if you think he hasn't been pushing the envelope of andro, hgh and roids right along with the rest of the cheaters

I could care less about comparing ARod's roid use to McGwire, Sosa and the rest - but if you think Arod wasn't cheating when he put on a ton of muscle and size and got completely jacked compared to his early days in Seattle, well yer outta yer mind

He was 18 when he was first called up and 24 when he was gone from Seattle. Find me anyone that hasn't physically transformed between these ages, especially a professional athlete. I'm not trying to defend the AHole, but this is simply a ridiculous assertion as "proof". He isn't Brett Boone, he isn't Sammy Sosa, he isn't Brady Anderson, he isn't Barry Bonds.

If he's been using all this time, then he's a liar, but then again he's been a disingenuous twat his whole career off the field, so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone.

seriously?

do you know who uses roids more than anyone in baseball? pitchers

I can run circles around you all day long when it comes to baseball - just like football

your naive if you think he hasn't been pushing the envelope of andro, hgh and roids right along with the rest of the cheaters

First I didn't say he was clean I just said he wasn't the VP.

Second I am in a number of FB leagues, some looking for new teams. want to put your running in circle statement to the test. Or any other way you want to donate money to me I'm all ears.

But who now is reaping the benefits over a longer period of time for having done them? Those 3 you listed were on their way out as they juiced.

Right. Mac was juicing when he was teammates with Canseco.

Sosa's HR's jumped from 36 to 66 in 1998 and then hit 40 or more for SIX consecutive seasons, then hit 35 in 120 games in the 7th season after his power surge.

Right. Mac was juicing when he was teammates with Canseco.

Sosa's HR's jumped from 36 to 66 in 1998 and then hit 40 or more for SIX consecutive seasons, then hit 35 in 120 games in the 7th season after his power surge.

Well, let's be fair here and look at Sosa, McGuire and ARod. It certainly seems easy to draw a line for Sosa from 97/98 when he went from 36 to 66 jacks. But if we know that McGuire juiced his whole career, starting with 49 HRs as a rook, then it appears safe to say that guys clipping 35+ HRs a season in the early 90's might have been juicing, if that's what McGuire had to do to put up his numbers. Sure, this is where it begins to get murky but if you go that route, then it appears Sosa juiced as early as '93, and Arod's 36 his rookie year ('96) appears dubious, ESPECIALLY considering his 3 straight 41+ HR seasons as a full time SS followed up within 4 years.

It seems possible to assume as well that they somehow jacked the roid cocktails in 98 and again around 2000. That's when the baseline numbers really seemed to pop. And as a big time Cubs fan there's no doubt Sosa's 98-01 run is ridiculously filthy. The 98 jump in numbers is what really stands out to me, at least in regards to McGuire and Sosa. They put up those truly gaudy #'s and retired.

And of course, without knowing the # of juiced pitchers it's hard to say w the f was going on during this time. That has to be recognized as well, or this sounds like it's happening in a vacuum, which it isn't.

But in the end, if McGuire and ARod juiced their entire careers it appears set ARod will end up with the all time record over Bonds.

It is McGwire you bunch of doooshss. :D

McGwire's brother just said he started 'roiding in the mid to late 90's, not with Canseco? :wacko:

I'll be glad when the days of someone hitting 40 is an achievement again. Hell, Fred McGriff may never get in to the Hall but he was one of the dominant sluggers of his day with 30+ homers every year...go figure.

A-Roid is simply a disappointment. FIrst, for cheating on the field by using steroids and perhaps moreso for never fessing up to his cheating once he'd learned he'd been caught years ago and allowing himself to be held up as an icon of non-steroid-use ...

Soooo, now the Hall of Fame doesn't get Bonds, Clemens, Mark M, Sosa, AND A-Rod. They cheated, knowingly, on the field ... and we the fans get to endure another tainted chase of Hank's HR record. That'll be marvelous. Maybe Alex will muster some pride, retire, and spare us all the silliness of another cheater passing a legend.

My 2 cents:

1) I do find it funny when people talk about the 'transformation' of the bodies of these athletes as proof. Baseball is a sport with a relatively long career compared to other sports. These players are in the spoltlight from their early twenties (try to remember what you looked like in college) to their mid thirties (look at yourself in the mirror if you are in your mid to late thirties). I personally have put on almost thirty pounds. And still clock in under 160 lbs thank you very much

2) Why was A-rod always considered clean? When I used to listen to sports radio in the US, the common notion was that Arod should stick around long enough to erase the stench of Bonds. All Ic ould think of was what proof did anyone have that he was clean. The fact that he wasn't huge? Jeez think of the amount of athletes that have been busted for performance enhancing drugs that weren't the mighty Hulk. The list is pretty large and it includes very few behemoths.

How about the fact that the Union president apparently tipped ARod off to when the test was coming? And he still failed it? Double ouch.

If I were a rank and file player, I'd be more than pissed at the way the superstars get the tip off while they don't.

They are all frauds, beginning with Mgwire and Sosa to Bonds, Clemens and Alex Rod. They took a dump on my favorite sport, crapped on the history of it and completely ruined following baseball for me... forever. Cooperstown means nothing anymore. Records are a joke. The purest sport of them all has been ruined forever, at least as far as this ex-fan is concerned.

I can hardly blame the players when the league just said "Drugs are bad (wink)", and had no punishment in place whatsoever for abusers.

I can hardly blame the players when the league just said "Drugs are bad (wink)", and had no punishment in place whatsoever for abusers.

agree in part that league did very little to stop this but each person still had to make that choice so in the end its on them imho

Agreed. These guys didn't kill the sport you loved, not without help from the guys at the top. Baseball was more than happy enough to look the other way when Big Mac and Sammy bailed them out the year after the shortened season.

The part that gets me is that I just don't see why we should make a bigger deal about big names than small names. For all I know, half the league was on dope. This was the era where utility infielders were going opposite field on a routine basis. So, you've got juiced pitchers pitching to juiced hitters and management that more than happy to fill the stands. Now I'm supposed to care?

The real irony here is that these guys are entertainers. We give two poops about rock stars drugging themselves to hell and back but Phelps takes a bong hit and we freak out.

Trust me, I am no apologist for A-Rod or any of the above. I'm just trying not to single them out as the rogue bad-boys here.

He was 18 when he was first called up and 24 when he was gone from Seattle. Find me anyone that hasn't physically transformed between these ages, especially a professional athlete. I'm not trying to defend the AHole, but this is simply a ridiculous assertion as "proof". He isn't Brett Boone, he isn't Sammy Sosa, he isn't Brady Anderson, he isn't Barry Bonds.

If he's been using all this time, then he's a liar, but then again he's been a disingenuous twat his whole career off the field, so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone.

I understand but he is worse than Sosa, Boone and Brady - I think Ahole likely has done roids/hgh as long and on as big of a scale as anyone..............

do you honestly believe this started in Texas? for the most part this was wide-spread going back to 1999 and I think it is a pretty safe bet that Alex was juicing back to '98 or '99.

i think conservatively we are talking '98-03 AT MINIMUM............

but yer right, comparing him to Bonds is ridiculous :wacko: