[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So he really is A-Fraud after all.

SheikYerbuti

Lost in all of this, is the betrayal Katie Couric must be feeling right now. Poor gal.

Who really gives a f about how Katie feels? and in what way was she betrayed, did Alex dump her for Madonna?

You know, something dawned on me yesterday when I was inundated with yet more hysteria over this whole deal, add Tejada to the mix. How perfect that this is America's game (or at least used to be, I guess football has taken that crown, but I'll get to that later).

First off, the outrage: So, baseball, from top to bottom is guilty of engaging in a risky gambit for short term gains that, worst case, would come back to haunt them later. Sounds pretty f'ing close to exactly what is plaguing our entire economy. The nation, from top to bottom doing crap they shouldn't-a-oughta been doing, and now it's biting us in the ass. Now, depending on where you like to argue from, this was either because of greedy guys at the top pulling the strings, or stupid people at the bottom taking on loans they had no business taking on. Either that or it's the government's fault for acting as enabler. Sound familiar? How perfect that baseball is the National pastime, because we f'ing deserve it. It's as American as apple pie and fiscal stupidity.

Secondly, outrage part II: "My concern is that steriods creates an environment where players are forced to risk their long term health in order to compete with the rest." And you're a football fan? Seriously, we could give two poops about the long term health of football players because we can't relate to them in any way, shape, or form. They're massive freaks of nature, which also explains why the NFL has never seen the public backlash from steroids baseball has seen, despite the fact that they've been in that game for decades. We already have stories like Lyle Alzaedo, wasting away to nothing after years of abuse and their use remains borderline rampant. Player gets caught, player serves a few game suspension, all is good. Besides the roids, there's just the built-in gory violence of the game itself. A game that pays you handsomely but likely turns you into a cripple for the rest of your life.

But baseball, that's different, 'cause these guys are the guys we grew up next door to. If any of us got in shape, we'd look just like most of them (yes, right down to the skin color). So it's harder to see them as disposable warriors on the front lines of entertainment. Sort of pathetic, actually.

The real people who are being cheated here are the fans and the players who never used steroids. If they are going to throw A-Rod to the wolves with his name being the only one outed of the 104 on the list, that's not right. In order to make things right and move on, the entire list of tainted players needs to be released. If they don't, the future of baseball will be more of a joke than it is today.

The real people who are being cheated here are the fans and the players who never used steroids. If they are going to throw A-Rod to the wolves with his name being the only one outed of the 104 on the list, that's not right. In order to make things right and move on, the entire list of tainted players needs to be released. If they don't, the future of baseball will be more of a joke than it is today.

Releasing those other names would be an automatic death sentence. How fast do you think the union would sue MLB? Before those names hit the pavement at your front door.

We shouldn't be at all surprised at any of this. It's been going on for decades like Detlef stated. Performance Enhancing drugs do not limit themselves to steroids. Uppers,Greenies,Meth you name it. Its all been used since the early days of the game.

I just wish the owners and the commissioner would start taking some flack. The owners knew what was going on...the commish knew what was going on. They just decided to turn a blind eye to it in the name of profit.

Same story, different era. Nothing has changed.

is it just me or does A-Rod really think we are as stupid as the media that covers him :wacko:

to paraphrase a few things he said on ESPN last nite...

Paraphrased: It was available over the counter

To me that means he is trying to infer it was ok(but of course he said numerous times he was young and dumb or however he put it)

Paraphrased: We didnt know what we were doing and it wasnt like we could go to the trainers or team doctors to help

To me that means YOU KNOW YOU WERE DOING WRONG!!! the funny part is that was right after he said it was available over the counter

Paraphrased: Yes we injected it twice a month but we didnt really know what we were doing

To me I say, oh really? You took a needle and injected it in your body and didnt know what you were doing? Why didnt anyone in the media ask him WHERE it was injected and then follow that up with HOW DID YOU KNOW TO INJECT IT THERE?

To me it is a joke that the media slobbing on his knob "because he is being honest" or whatever they are saying...F that...he has history on his side and is able to see what worked and didnt work with the likes of bonds, clemens, petitte, giambi etc....the golden boy got caught and is doing what he can to save face, nothing more

is it just me or does A-Rod really think we are as stupid as the media that covers him :wacko:

to paraphrase a few things he said on ESPN last nite...

Paraphrased: It was available over the counter

To me that means he is trying to infer it was ok(but of course he said numerous times he was young and dumb or however he put it)

Paraphrased: We didnt know what we were doing and it wasnt like we could go to the trainers or team doctors to help

To me that means YOU KNOW YOU WERE DOING WRONG!!! the funny part is that was right after he said it was available over the counter

Paraphrased: Yes we injected it twice a month but we didnt really know what we were doing

To me I say, oh really? You took a needle and injected it in your body and didnt know what you were doing? Why didnt anyone in the media ask him WHERE it was injected and then follow that up with HOW DID YOU KNOW TO INJECT IT THERE?

To me it is a joke that the media slobbing on his knob "because he is being honest" or whatever they are saying...F that...he has history on his side and is able to see what worked and didnt work with the likes of bonds, clemens, petitte, giambi etc....the golden boy got caught and is doing what he can to save face, nothing more

agreed - laughable, I hope more comes out and the Megan Foxer gets nailed for all the chit he is not fessing up to - these guys knew exactly what they were doing and you can bet yo ass he has been juicing back to '98 or so when it all started.

Pathetic he wants us to believe "he didn't know what he was doing blah blah" THAT IS ALL THE PLAYERS TALK ABOUT!! - they all discuss this chit in the clubhouse, on the road- he is one of the worst liars I have ever seen- his smirks, and half truths make me want to puke.

Right, so ARod is such a health-freak he won't eat processed foods, but will inject himself with an unknown substance? get theand then when I wore my first dressouttahere

His little 40 second pause when he was asked about his teammates was so poorly acted it was comical.

gee, and I wonder why I am so over MLB......................... f**k these guys

agreed - laughable, I hope more comes out and the Megan Foxer gets nailed for all the chit he is not fessing up to - these guys knew exactly what they were doing and you can bet yo ass he has been juicing back to '98 or so when it all started.

Pathetic he wants us to believe "he didn't know what he was doing blah blah" THAT IS ALL THE PLAYERS TALK ABOUT!! - they all discuss this chit in the clubhouse, on the road- he is one of the worst liars I have ever seen- his smirks, and half truths make me want to puke.

Right, so ARod is such a health-freak he won't eat processed foods, but will inject himself with an unknown substance? get theand then when I wore my first dressouttahere

His little 40 second pause when he was asked about his teammates was so poorly acted it was comical.

gee, and I wonder why I am so over MLB......................... f**k these guys

Meanwhile Merriman can take roids so he can rip a head off and it's ok let him sit for 4 games and welcome him back because that's what we want more violence. give me a flucking break.

Since the '96 season when A-Rod was in Seattle, up til now, he has hit no less than 35 HRs (besides having 23 in '07) and as many as 57, usually averaging about 42 HRs a year. He has been incredibly consistent over his career and certainly peeked during the '01-'03 years with 52, 57 and 47 HRs in those years (averaging 52 HRs for those 3 years, 10 more than his career average). So you can see that those were years that he was likely cheating. However, he also had 48 HRs in '05 and 54 in '07. Could he have been using for his entire career? What happens if A-Rod goes out there this year and hits only 15-20/25 HRs? Does he come out and blame it on pressure? Boy, if that happened the story would get blown up!

Since the '96 season when A-Rod was in Seattle, up til now, he has hit no less than 35 HRs (besides having 23 in '07) and as many as 57, usually averaging about 42 HRs a year. He has been incredibly consistent over his career and certainly peeked during the '01-'03 years with 52, 57 and 47 HRs in those years (averaging 52 HRs for those 3 years, 10 more than his career average). So you can see that those were years that he was likely cheating. However, he also had 48 HRs in '05 and 54 in '07. Could he have been using for his entire career? What happens if A-Rod goes out there this year and hits only 15-20/25 HRs? Does he come out and blame it on pressure? Boy, if that happened the story would get blown up!

Unfortunately for us, this comparison will made every year until he retires. Then we get to hear all over again every year until he is inducted. If that doesn't happen, we'll get to hear it every year when he's passed on. No matter how you shake it, were stuck with this bozo for our lifetime.

Meanwhile Merriman can take roids so he can rip a head off and it's ok let him sit for 4 games and welcome him back because that's what we want more violence. give me a flucking break.

That's the part I don't get as well. Why is it that we're so bent out of shape that guys in baseball do it and could give two poops about the NFL doing the same?

That's the part I don't get as well. Why is it that we're so bent out of shape that guys in baseball do it and could give two poops about the NFL doing the same?

fwiw, this is the NON football forum and I think that there were MANY that were pissed about the Merriman roid issue as well as others....but if I had to guess why its different is because people probably expected it more in football :wacko:

fwiw, this is the NON football forum and I think that there were MANY that were pissed about the Merriman roid issue as well as others....but if I had to guess why its different is because people probably expected it more in football :wacko:

Ya - who gives a dam about some tackles or sacks record. And how is that measurably effected by juicing?

In baselball, it's about recovery for pitchers or power for hitters. It doesn't make it easier to throw strikes or hit for average and those are the kind of stats that tackles/sacks are.

People are angry about the HR record, and Clemens' juicing meant he was stronger each time he took the mound after rest than he otherwise would have been.

huh?? - and football and baseball are comparable how exactly??? 2 entirely different sports with entirely different skills neded - and as gr8 of a league as the NFL is - it will NEVER compare to the love affair Americans have with baseball. Most people don't identify with NFL players - they are freaks of nature - and gladiators, but baseball is a whole nother story

Baseball has the rich history and tradition - it is special and it's records are the most sacred sporting records BY FAR - that is why this is such a hugh deal. No on give a flying f**ck about NFL records compared to baseball and it ain't even close

So A-ROD says he's not talking about things any more. However, it's being reported on ESPN that his story of his cousin getting/buying the Primobolin (sp?) in a Pharmacy as an over the counter drug couldn't be the case as that drug was not sold in Dominican Pharmacy's even with a prescription back in '01-'03.

Ooops. :wacko:

Ya - who gives a dam about some tackles or sacks record. And how is that measurably effected by juicing?

In baselball, it's about recovery for pitchers or power for hitters. It doesn't make it easier to throw strikes or hit for average and those are the kind of stats that tackles/sacks are.

People are angry about the HR record, and Clemens' juicing meant he was stronger each time he took the mound after rest than he otherwise would have been.

Can I get a "yes, Greg Maddux was the most dominant pitcher of this generation?"

:highfive: