[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

arod admits

dmarc117

That dude got screwed!

How does a testing firm claim it's anonymous, but fails to use procedures to assure that. It's pretty easy and if they didn't, well :wacko:

i read that a ton of people have see nthe results. the law firms in the bonds case. judges, lawyers, prosecuters....somebody talked.

For a list that was to remain confidential, quite a few people have had access to the players' names, including 17 federal judges and dozens of lawyers, federal prosecutors and investigators. Federal investigators looking for data on 10 players connected to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative first seized the list of 104 names in April 2004 during a raid on a private laboratory.
Edited by dmarc117

well, all I can say is I respect him a whole lot more than clemens, bonds, mcgwire, sosa, palmeiro, and all the rest for coming clean the moment he was implicated. woulda been real easy for him to lawyer up, deny, obfuscate, talk about confidentiality and all the rest -- like just about everyone else. he is a much better person in my eyes for owning up.

well, all I can say is I respect him a whole lot more than clemens, bonds, mcgwire, sosa, palmeiro, and all the rest for coming clean the moment he was implicated. woulda been real easy for him to lawyer up, deny, obfuscate, talk about confidentiality and all the rest -- like just about everyone else. he is a much better person in my eyes for owning up.

+1

+1

To be fair, he did deny it in I believe a 60 Minutes interview a couple years back. When asked if he had ever used any kind of performance enhancing drug, he said No.

But, at least he is coming clean now and hopefully is being completely honest as to the extent of when he was using, etc.

He did it , he lied about it at least on one major interview and now he admits it because the story leaked out so its not like he admitted because he felt guilty about it ...There was going to be an incredible amount of pressure on him with the SI story that came out for him to admit it

While i agree , he did a better job than Bonds or Mcgwire on this , i think its still pretty weak

I was not a fan of Arod but i respected his talent and believed he would be the one to break Aaron's record the right way ...now that goes out the window

i like schillings idea.....out em all!

After the world finds out that Schilling's championships are just as tainted as anyone else's, do you think he'll still live his life on a high horse?

Who am I kidding, of course he will.

After the world finds out that Schilling's championships are just as tainted as anyone else's, do you think he'll still live his life on a high horse?

Who am I kidding, of course he will.

lol....i dont like the guy one bit. but his idea has some merit. everyone else that is clean will always be suspected. just out them all.

That just makes A-Rod the tallest midget in a very small midget contest. He's come clean after denying it earlier and he's come clean purely because he's been found out. This is damage limitation, not honesty.

I don't see the other 103 players lining up to admit their guilt. This is baseball, this is money and their livelyhood(sp). You are not going to admit to anything unless you have to.

Whether or not he is telling the truth about stopping in 2003 is another story you will never know(unless he tests + again)

But to knock him for not admitting to it earlier IMO is wrong. did anyone admit to it without being caught.

I'm not condoning what he did, he cheated, but put on his shoes. would you have admitted to it before you were caught.

Is this a joke ? It makes it more ok because 103 others handled it worse than him or did not admit it as quickly as he did after getting busted ?

AROD should go no pat on his back or atta boy for any of this imho ...to do otherwise is kind of ridiculous

And knowingly and willingly cheating for 2 full years is not the same as going through one yellow light or red light and playing dumb....

Its amazing we may have gotten to the pt that we may look at a rule breaker and cheater with a bit of admiration because they admit it more quickly and more willingly but still AFTER getting busted

Not what I meant and don't think its what you meant either, LO ...you mentioned the running of the light as breaking a rule and then denying it to try and compare it to what AROD has done .....

AROD was and is wrong ...and running a light is wrong ...none of this is worth any kind of praise or " its ok or better because he now came clean" , imho

• 5 months later...

Just came to start a thread on this

Report: Manny, Papi tested positive for PEDs in 2003

July 30, 2009

CBSSports.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez were among the more than 100 Major League Baseball players who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, according to a report in the New York Times.

• Miller: Ortiz long denied use | Doyel: He's a druggie | Knobler: Not just Yanks, BoSox

The article posted on the newspaper's website Thursday cited lawyers involved in pending litigation over the testing results who spoke anonymously because the information is under seal by a court order.

Ortiz declined comment to the paper. In 2004, he and Ramirez led the Boston Red Sox to their first World Series championship since 1918.

The results from the 2003 tests were supposed to remain anonymous, but they later were seized by federal agents. Alex Rodriguez admitted using performance-enhancing drugs after he was linked to the 2003 list.

Ramirez, now with the Los Angeles Dodgers, recently served a 50-game suspension for violating baseball's drug policy. Ortiz had not been previously linked to positive tests.

Ramirez was a long-established star in 2003. Ortiz, in contrast, had been a part-time player before that season. In 2003, he became one of baseball's top sluggers.

Copyright 2009 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution