[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What, no Presidential Address commentary?

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, lets prop up rv makers!!! umm, people couldnt afford rv's and cant now!!! stop the propping!!!!

Your comments are not appreciated. I live about an hour from there and though the RV business is an Elkhart thing, nearly 20% unemployment is a dire situation by any measure.

Your comments are not appreciated. I live about an hour from there and though the RV business is an Elkhart thing, nearly 20% unemployment is a dire situation by any measure.

i agree, but lets not prop up an industry that is doomed to fail. rv's are a luxury item, and people arent in the mood for luxury items these days. this country needs a complete reprogramming. it sucks, but has to happen.

Same as the last guy.

ssshhhh - you'll let them know you've figured it out!

:wacko:

Regardless of what you think of the stimulus bill and the future effective outcome of it is on our economy, are you guys seriously trying to insinuate that Bush and/or McCain would have focused on signing a bill of this magnitude? :D

What percentage of mortgages are in trouble? 2%

Interest rates?

Unemployment?

I don't think things are all that bad, we'll recover regardless of what zero does.

I tend to agree, the only problem is with their intent on passing a non-stimulus government expansion bill they have to scare the electorate to buy into it. Scaring the electorate has caused consumer confidence to plummet. Don't get me wrong, we were due for a correction, and we as individuals and as a country need to use credit much more wisely.

What percentage of mortgages are in trouble? 2%

Interest rates?

Unemployment?

I don't think things are all that bad, we'll recover regardless of what zero does.

we will recover, but it will take a long time. we have to be ready for a major life change. no more easy money. no more credit. the jobs that are lost arent being created because they were all based on the american consumer which is currently in the triage.

Major life change was WWII, or the Civil War.

Some stupid brat with $50K in student loans who buys a $500K house in Glendale worth $250 who walks from their mortgage is not the same freakin thing.

OMG, H8 is actually making my pants tight with all this personal responsibility talk! :wacko:

Major life change was WWII, or the Civil War.

Some stupid brat with $50K in student loans who buys a $500K house in Glendale worth $250 who walks from their mortgage is not the same freakin thing.

i wonder what the average debt is of the person that shops at your place is.

Scaring the electorate has caused consumer confidence to plummet.

:wacko:

Your kidding, right?

Credit card companies, unethical lenders & appraisers, and generally stupid borrowers. Their actions have contributed to the domino-like train of events that have consumers scared out of their minds more than anything the President has said.

Unlike our former President, he actually answered the questions with honest candor about the problems we're facing. No mention of flowers and chocolates being thrown at him for saving the economy.

:DLike the, "I found this problem caused by tax cuts and deficit spending & to get us out of this problem will require tax cuts and deficit spending." :wacko: Mr. President!

Anybody notice the change in Obama's emphasis about creating or saving 4 million jobs? Nice - promise the unprovable. I suspect Obama and his team are realizing this stimulus has little chance of working and are lowering expectations. $823 billion on a chance of this working. $350 billion already gone with little effect and no accountability.

:insertrhetoricalquestion: Does this really sound like a good idea to anyone or is the world just terrified?

Anybody notice the change in Obama's emphasis about creating or saving 4 million jobs? Nice - promise the unprovable. I suspect Obama and his team are realizing this stimulus has little chance of working and are lowering expectations. $823 billion on a chance of this working. $350 billion already gone with little effect and no accountability.

:insertrhetoricalquestion: Does this really sound like a good idea to anyone or is the world just terrified?

If you've been paying attention, to be fair, he's been saying creating or saving for a long time now.