Sign in to follow this  
darin3

WCOFF 2009...

Another year, another probability that I will not be able to go. :wacko:

What do you mean, 'can't go'?

Why can't you? You do know, one day soon you'll be dead. Better live while you can still breath and walk.

Too early for me to commit right now, It'll all be dependent on how the new business is doing around that time.

In other words, I'll be a game-time decision.

Oh bullschit, you'll be there.

My thougts exactly. We know Tom has Hilton points burning a hole in his pocket.

Seriously this weekend is a total blast. It is odd how many people that you have never met in real life you can just suddenly slip into a conversation with like you've known each other for years. Except for H8... by Thursday pretty much anything he says is unintelligible and Lord help you if you are near him after the boat trip.

i'll prob do a thurs-mon again. anyone know which hotel is hosting? wife and kid might be coming... not sure yet.

also... just found out my brother is doing his bachelor party in veags early aug. so if anyone is going to be there then, let me know.

i'll prob do a thurs-mon again. anyone know which hotel is hosting? wife and kid might be coming... not sure yet.

also... just found out my brother is doing his bachelor party in veags early aug. so if anyone is going to be there then, let me know.

They won't announce the location for at least another 3 months or so.

OK, you guys have me interested. What's WCOFF? How does one get into a team as an "investor"?

WCOFF Site

Just find a group that is interested in getting a team together. There are 3-4 groups of Huddler's that i know about that do this with groups ranging from 3-10 "owners". You are limited to having 2 people in the draft room for your team, so plan well, agree who gets to do the drafting, and the others get to engage in frivolity and college football while the draft goes on, frantically waiting for the text updates and breaks to discuss strategy revisions etc.

Our group is set this year with no one having dropped out, but as you have shown interest, if any of the other groups have had someone bow out they could be interested in adding extra members or as the timeapproaches (or even via this thread) you may find a few guys interested in splitting a team and get going that way.

They won't announce the location for at least another 3 months or so.

I'm guessing it is in Vegas....... and Atlanti City.. and maybe orlando again (wasn;t thatthe third locale last year?)

Plus they have that online version they started last year.

Even without a job Ms Cid still thinks we should go. I <3 this woman.

Even without a job Ms Cid still thinks we should go. I <3 this woman.

She is wise.

we will have an approximately 2-month-old baby at the time of WCOFF '09. when should i ask my wife if she's cool with me going to meet you guys?

a ) while she's in labor, or

b ) on sept. 12, after i get back from my 72-hour trip to "go pick up some diapers from the store"?

TIA.

Edited by montster

we will have an approximately 2-month-old baby at the time of WCOFF '09. when should i ask my wife if she's cool with me going to meet you guys?

b ) on sept. 12, after i get back from my 72-hour trip to "go pick up some diapers from the store"?

TIA.

The answer is A for sure if she is on an epidural or other drugs.

damnit I wish I could go one of the years. Maybe I'll get lucky and land on a 6 week feature film before hand. I've been wanting to do this for the last 5 years now. :wacko:

I'm guessing it is in Vegas....... and Atlanti City.. and maybe orlando again (wasn;t thatthe third locale last year?)

Plus they have that online version they started last year.

:wacko:

I was talking about the hotel and draft location.

TIA.

No excuse, I had a two-month old and my wife still let me go. Grow a sack and get your ass to Vegas.

Oh she'll be there. :wacko:

Oh bullschit, you'll be there.

Why can't you? You do know, one day soon you'll be dead. Better live while you can still breath and walk.

:D

Edited by Puddy

Awesome, Menudo is coming this year !!!! I can't wait !!!

Wow, it will be awesome to finally meet Menudo in person !!!!

Menudo, you can share a room with me and I have a feeling we will become life long BFF's

Oh Menudo will be there. :wacko:

Awesome !!! I can't wait to toss a few drinks back with Menudo :D

Seriously guys, you are making me blush.

I'll be there. Me and Skippy are drafting this year!!! :wacko::D:D:D:D:D:D

Choices must be made, right now more than ever. It's still many months off though.

Its possible. Gotta see the funds .

wait, does everybody have Menudo on ignore or something as he said he is going.

I hope to be able to make it, but if my pool team qualifies again I am not so sure since I will be there 2 weeks before :wacko:

Has anybody ever looked into doing a regional WCOFF? I have a hotel in Cincinnati that will alllow me to host such an event. Is 7 months enough time to get all the pieces in place to be successful? I guess the most difficult thing is the purse. Hard to commit to if you don't know how many entrants you might have. If this doesn't pan out then I'll look seriously into joining up in Vegas. Any HAG members from HOT going to be there?

Any HAG members from HOT going to be there?

RR26, Chargerz and alchico often go to that.

man, i gotta get in on this. let me know if anybody needs a team investor to go in with them. i need me some vegas.

Bringing your wife's hottie friend again. :D

Shoot...I called dibs on her last year...you know, when I was prancing around their room in my undies drunk and H8 was passed out next to the wall on the other side of the bed. :D

:wacko:

In again this year. You guys are insane...and I don't mean that in a good way. Most of you should be locked up. :D

Besides, I have to get my quarter back from the gawd-danged Pai Gow tables with Twiley. Also, I wanna be able to play more poker this trip. We rushed it last year and decided 2 days beforehand to go, so will be better prepared this time. Plus, we won't have to sight-see since she's now seen everything.

So barring some economic collapse, we'll be in for sure. Heck, might even have to re-join the WCOFF team as an investor now that I've taken my year off from ff. :D

Awesome. I won't let some chick derail my TimC time like last year. :D

Too early for me to commit right now, It'll all be dependent on how the new business is doing around that time.

In other words, I'll be a game-time decision.

Pfftt...as if. I've never heard of a game-time decision meaning a resounding yes 7 months before kick off.

TIA.

Too f'n funny! :D

And for those looking to join an existing WCOFF team, I'm bowing out of twiley's team so give him a shout! I couldn't handle it without TimC there...:swoon: