[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WCOFF 2009...

darin3

Sweet..... definitely enough alcohol in Vegas to make that a possibility if I can pry her from your wife. :D

:divingboard:

Another year, another probability that I will not be able to go. :wacko:

Same here, I probably have enough points for a few weeks in a room, but I'm scheduled to be working out of town again at that time.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for those looking to join an existing WCOFF team, I'm bowing out of twiley's team so give him a shout! I couldn't handle it without TimC there...:swoon:

We have a few on the waiting list already but I'll accept bribes if someone wants to be on our team bad enough.

In all seriousness, if anyone is interested just drop me a PM and The Jerks will discuss your entrance onto our team. We may have another opening excluding Soups spot.

So, my buddy and I already started the planning session, and I have a few questions for the veterans:

1. Do you guys watch the Thursday night game at the WCOFF party, or go somewhere else as a group ?

2. Same question for the Sunday games

3. Any other group events that have become tradition ?

We are planning on coming in Thursday morning and heading back on Monday morning. We can stay at Harrah's or a Marriot for free. I've never been to Vegas, are either available somewhere close to the WCOFF site ?

I'm getting excited already. I've been wanting to do this for years. I already cleared it with the wife, and now just need to clear it with work, which shouldn't be a problem.

So, my buddy and I already started the planning session, and I have a few questions for the veterans:

1. Do you guys watch the Thursday night game at the WCOFF party, or go somewhere else as a group ?

We are planning on coming in Thursday morning and heading back on Monday morning. We can stay at Harrah's or a Marriot for free. I've never been to Vegas, are either available somewhere close to the WCOFF site ?

I'm getting excited already. I've been wanting to do this for years. I already cleared it with the wife, and now just need to clear it with work, which shouldn't be a problem.

The only WCOFF event I've attended the last 3 years is the draft. I think we usually gather for Thursday night games (last year I got in too late). Last year a bunch of u met in a secret location on Sunday (I really don't want to post it on the board, because it's one of the few places in Vegas that a bunch of people can easily sit down to watch games right before morning kickoff and throughout the day).

The WCOFF site is unknown at this time.

The only WCOFF related event I went to was the draft. The rest of the time was spent debauching my way around Vegas with Huddlers.

The one thing that sucks is that they make you stay at least one (Friday) night at the hotel that is hosting the draft. Last year that was the Hilton. So if you don't want to pack up and move, you may want to add the hotel room to your budget. Last year was $98 a night (the price kept dropping the closer we got :wacko:) and it was a sweet ass room the wife and I got.

You probably don't need a rental car. We ditched ours when we got to Vegas (the Hilton is at a monorail stop) and were able to get everywhere without a hassle.

• 4 months later...

Bought my plane ticket last week. Southwest was having a sale, 100 bucks round trip.

Also found out my cousin and a bunch of my family will be there that weekend for his 21st birthday.

Get in Thursday just before 1pm, leave Monday about 11am

Bought my plane ticket last week. Southwest was having a sale, 100 bucks round trip.

Also found out my cousin and a bunch of my family will be there that weekend for his 21st birthday.

Get in Thursday just before 1pm, leave Monday about 11am

I got in on that sale leaving Thursady from JW we need to get a pre flight drink!!! I am leaving on Sunday late night have to work on Monday.

I won a poker tourney Friday night for $1,200....which is the same price as 2 hotel and air tickets. Thinking of staying at the Venetian. I had told Tina that if I couldn't win our way, I doubt we'd go because I worried about dipping into savings and the company going busto the next week. Ya never know nowadays. I hate that I've put my spending on hold. :mad:

Anyways, looks like we'll be there unless something drastic happens. :wacko:

I'll be there again. My best flight options take me thru Denver, so I'll be joining up with Bier there and arriving in Vegas 2:30 Thursday. Leaving Monday morning.

I'll probably wait at the FoxSports bar in the Vegas airport for people to arrive and cab with....... will need someone to drag me around

Then get about 2 extra hours of drinking in waiting for me, have a cold one waiting when I arrive, and we can head out and scout out options for the thursday game......

I guess I could probably do that. You and ATaM are coming in on the same flight I think.