[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pierre Thomas

HAUG

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yippie!

Now you guys can stop posting in this thread unless it's about PT! Whom I think can be great, but not convinced that he'll get the opportunity, so every little piece of info about PT is appreciated.

I really like oranges. Especially the ones without seeds. The juicier the better!

I have him as one of my keepers in 2 leagues. I'm banking on him getting a decent workload this year. If he starts out the way he ended last season I think they will have a hard time keeping him off the field and he will get the majority of the carries, with Bush getting 3rd down duties and motioning to the slot. I believe he can put up some really good numbers if they commit to giving him the rock every Sunday.

Can we please keep this thread on topic. Thank you.

Edited by HAUG

Whom I think can be great, but not convinced that he'll get the opportunity, so every little piece of info about PT is appreciated.

Just wondering why you're not sure if he'll get the opportunity. The guy was the best back on the field by far last year. He was money inside the redzone and can do everything Reggie Bush can't do. I also think after Bush's latest injury, they know they have to limit his touches a lot more.

Before that string of great games to close out the 2008 season, he had shown several flashes of brilliance before that. I don't remember specifics, but in 2007, he had a few great possessions, but then they put in Stecker or a slightly injured Deuce or Bush. Many coaches in that situation -- older backup, hurt starters -- just stay with the guy with the "hot hand", yeah? I didn't understand why they didn't stay with PT, lack of confidence?

Hopefully, PT has pushed Sean Payton into a corner -- play him or explain why not.

He deserves the chance now, but I felt he deserved the chance a few times prior and didn't get it. So that's why I'm not sure he'll get the chance again.

The question is whether or not PT can handle the full time load. The thinking appears to be that he can not. I don't know why that is other than the fact that he hasn't had to yet. Rajn and I have had this conversation a few times over the last year or so and we both feel he deserves the chance but for whatever reason Payton has not shown the same confidence.

I think the interest in Tomlinson may have been nothing more than rumor but also shows the Saints to be at least looking at other options.

Stecker appears to be gone which opens the door even more for PT.

This is a BIG if...... but IF the saints can somehow get safety help before the draft then I may have to take back what I said about the Saints not drafting a RB.

Makes sense.

Tho I don't understand why they think he can't handle the load. He's right body type for that.

Could it be that Payton discriminates against players who went un-drafted?

Or maybe something he is seeing in practice day in and day out.?.?

He doesn't have to. Reggie Bush is there to share. I think all the rumors about Bush is from Brees opening his mouth up about wanting Tomlinson.

I am in the camp of Bush is not an NFL RB. That is a bit harsh but you know what I'm saying. I honestly wish the Saints would trade him.

Reggie is a gimmick player. I would not have a problem at all with him as a slot receiver. Problem is we are paying him as a top flight RB which he just isn't. Then there is the persistent injury issues. Reggie is a prime example of a fairly good to great (in PPR leagues) fantasy RB but not all that as a reality RB.

Although I'm being a hypocrite for calling out OT posts, there is a lot of discussion surrounding PT vs. Bush and their role in the NO backfield when the original discussion was concerning PT's keeper value.

Here's my take:

PT owners love him (myself included) and see him as a decent RB2 option that could blow up if Bush's health problems continue. In terms of dynasty rookie picks, I would not trade him for any less than 1.04. I don't see Shonn Greene, Donald Brown or any WR not named Crabtree as equal value with him right now.

PT non-homers tend to view him as a risk and quickly cite Bush's presence as a big drawback. Huge gap in value.

I am in the camp of Bush is not an NFL RB. That is a bit harsh but you know what I'm saying. I honestly wish the Saints would trade him.

Reggie is a gimmick player. I would not have a problem at all with him as a slot receiver. Problem is we are paying him as a top flight RB which he just isn't. Then there is the persistent injury issues. Reggie is a prime example of a fairly good to great (in PPR leagues) fantasy RB but not all that as a reality RB.

I'm not sold on Bush as someone that can help PT.

I'm certain that NOS will draft a RB. If it's before round four, I'll need to see what they do in pre-season. If it's round five or later, then I roll with PT with confidence.

In my opinion Bush isn't a starting NFL RB, but a hell of a guy to give the ball to 8-10 times in the running game as a CoP back, and then use out of the slot. I think "gimmick player" is a little too strong, as he looked good before his knee injury this year. I think more than anything, the team using him the wrong way. Giving him lets say 8 touches at RB, having him in on clear passing situations, using him in the slot and letting him return kicks/punts and you have a great weapon. It would slow down the wear and tear that RB's take, and he's shown to not be able to hold up to.

I don't think trading him is an option as no one is going to take on the contract that he carries for the type of player he is. The Saints are stuck with him, so why not use him in a way he can help you all year long? I think you do this, he can absolutely compliment Pierre Thomas.

As far as the Saints drafting a RB within the first half of the draft... Why? They already have the no.1 offense in the league. They have too many holes on defense that could be addressed by picking D. It just doesn't even make sense.

Although I'm being a hypocrite for calling out OT posts, there is a lot of discussion surrounding PT vs. Bush and their role in the NO backfield when the original discussion was concerning PT's keeper value.

Here's my take:

PT owners love him (myself included) and see him as a decent RB2 option that could blow up if Bush's health problems continue. In terms of dynasty rookie picks, I would not trade him for any less than 1.04. I don't see Shonn Greene, Donald Brown or any WR not named Crabtree as equal value with him right now.

PT non-homers tend to view him as a risk and quickly cite Bush's presence as a big drawback. Huge gap in value.

All they need to do is look at what PT did when Bush returned from injury... PT had the bulk of the touches. PT rushed for 4.84 a carry compared to Bushs 3.81 yards per carry. Bush managed a TD every 26 touches compared to PT finding paydirt every 13.3 touches. People thinking that Bush will assume the role on 1st and 2nd downs have got to take the blinders off and realize that PT is the workhorse.

Here's my take:

Isn't Bush's roll in the Saints offense relevant to the keeper value of Thomas? Don't make me go back to my love of oranges! :wacko:

I agree and don't expect them to, but if they did, you have to admit that says something pretty loud about Payton's confidence in PT.

And since there is no reason to logically believe they'll draft a rb early on, there is no reason to discuss where Payton's confidence in Thomas is, correct?

Everything is here-say at this point, nothing more than rumors started by writers looking for drama.

Thank you Hugh One for leaving one of the worst teams I've ever seen for me to take over.

It was a dynasty w IDP, and in 2007 Shaun Alexander was the starting RB in SEA, and Lamont Jordan was supposed to be the starting RB in OAK until that turned into a clusterf*ck. Not to mention you only have to start 1 RB in this league.

Nice way to take a shot at the one weakness my team had. :wacko:

My LB's:

Bulluck, Bart Scott, Ray Lewis, Vilma, Demarcus Ware and Marcus Washington.

WR's:

Branch, Bruce, Driver, Holmes, Jennings. Not great, not terrible.

QB's were Favre and Eli Manning. Schobel and Vandenbosch were the starting DE's.

Again, not a terrible team by any stretch of the imagination for a 12 team dynasty with IDP.

While we're at it:

2004 Championship Team can be seen here: http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2004...O=07&F=0004

2005 Division winning team here: http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2005...O=07&F=0004

2006 Division winning team here: http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2006...O=07&F=0004

And in 2007, I was 7-7. The only time that team was ever under .500 was the year Patsfan ran the team. :D Nice work Champ. :D

Uh, I rest MY case. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne