[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pierre Thomas

HAUG

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really goes back to what Rajn and I talked about last offseason. Heading into last season it was obvious to us that Deuces days were #"d. I asked him what he thought of Pierre and he liked him but pointed out the lack of confidence displayed by the coaching staff. It played out with the continual effort to use Bush and Deuce rather than Thomas. Thomas' stats each of the last 2 seasons have only been tallied due to there being NO other option.

I can't speak for the Saints coaching staff so I can't tell you why this is. Like I mentioned in a previous post, it may be something they are seeing in practice.?.? :wacko:

The Sharper signing is seriously putting into question the idea of the Saints drafting a RB in the 1st round. I did not expect this nor do I agree with it but this is now a very real possibility.

(KFFL) John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints cleared $4.575 million in salary cap space with the release of CB Mike McKenzie.

No way do they draft a rb at 1.

(KFFL) John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints cleared $4.575 million in salary cap space with the release of CB Mike McKenzie.

No way do they draft a rb at 1.

What string was Mike McK? He had to of gotten some playing time, no? They needed a CB before his release, don't they need one even more now?

rut roh

Sell high?

No. Do not sell. Pierre Thomas will be just fine and should be good for 10+ TDs. I have him in my keeper league and will NOT move him in a panic deal.

posturing:

pos⋅ture/ˈpɒstʃər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pos-cher] Show IPA noun, verb, -tured, -tur⋅ing.

One's image or policy as perceived by the public, other nations, etc.: The company wants to develop a more aggressive marketing posture.

I again state that the Saints had the number one offense in the league last year. Why invest picks/money in something that is already the best in the league when you have a very bad defense?

Could one of the saints homers chime in and tell me what picks they have in this upcoming draft? I know they lost their 2nd and 5th for Shockey. So if they have their 1,3,4,6,and 7 I see no way of them going RB with the 1st or 3rd. Not with as many holes as they have on defense. Maybe in the 4th or later, but at that point I'm not worried about a RB taking significant touches away from PT.

The thing to keep in mind with Thomas is that the Saints have little room to address the RB position whether by the draft or in FA. They are very close to the cap with many key players to get signed thus taking us out of the major FA market. We are also down to only 1st, 4th and 7th round picks in the draft and have some glaring holes on Def so I don't see the Saints drafting a RB. All of this points to Thomas being the man here unless something totally unexpected happens.

PON,

This was earlier in this thread and I believe these are the only picks the Saints have this season.

While I'm not ready to jump off the PT bandwagon, I thought I should say that I just traded him away in my local dynasty... The other guy is scared off by Marshawn Lynch's impending 1-2 game suspension, so it was a move I had to make.

Care to share what you got in return? I've been invited to my sports bar league this year (20 year league) and I'm always curious as to there level of play.

Care to share what you got in return? I've been invited to my sports bar league this year (20 year league) and I'm always curious as to there level of play.

You know when I first read it, I'm thinking that he swapped PT for Marshawn Lynch? :wacko:

I think if the Saints draft Andre Brown, PT is in trouble as Brown could be a featured back. If they wait and draft Rashad Jennings then I think PT is safer as Jennings would fill a backup role.

I think the Saints are better off grabbing a guy like Javon Ringer so that he could fill in for Bush when he goes down. Mike Goodson is also another guy who is better as a situational or CoP guy and is faster than Ringer. However, Goodson has a much higher draft rating and he could also be used in a returner role.

Edited by irish

The league is so tricked out I'm not so sure it will make sense... We have a $1000 cap and contracts in an acution dynasty... It's also not a ppr, but .4 per reception... I traded PT $15 and Reggie Bush who has a $254 contract for 2 more years. In return I got Marshawn Lynch $196 for 2 years, RFA Tashard Choice and RFA Torry Holt. Reggie more than anything is a headache in our league because of his contract... The second highest player in our league cap wise... Reggie was a contract dump, which no one wants at this point.

As far as locals compared to Online leagues for the most part it's similar. We don't have any deadbeats, or morans in our league... We've weeded out those guys.

I think if the Saints draft Andre Brown, PT is in trouble as Brown could be a featured back. If they wait and draft Rashad Jennings then I think PT is safer as Jennings would fill a backup role.

I think the Saints are better off grabbing a guy like Javon Ringer so that he could fill in for Bush when he goes down. Mike Goodson is also another guy who is better as a situational or CoP guy and is faster than Ringer. However, Goodson has a much higher draft rating and he could also be used in a returner role.

Well, I have turned down mutliple trade offers for PT and am not feeling the slightest bit of remorse. There is no way Bush stays healthy the whole year so even IF they draft an RB, Thomas will always have a role. And since Thomas does well in pass prtoection, he will aways be in on third downs and second and longs.

I feel really good about Thomas this year. Really good.

Well, I have turned down mutliple trade offers for PT and am not feeling the slightest bit of remorse. There is no way Bush stays healthy the whole year so even IF they draft an RB, Thomas will always have a role. And since Thomas does well in pass prtoection, he will aways be in on third downs and second and longs.

I feel really good about Thomas this year. Really good.

Thomas doing well in pass protection is debatable. That is actually an area of concern which may explain as much as anything why we are even having this discussion. If he were good in pass protection I think he would have had a larger role in the offense coming into last season rather than after everyone else was hurt.

Thomas doing well in pass protection is debatable. That is actually an area of concern which may explain as much as anything why we are even having this discussion. If he were good in pass protection I think he would have had a larger role in the offense coming into last season rather than after everyone else was hurt.

Well there you go and Andre Brown is a RB who is a solid pass protector along with being a strong runner inside while also having good hands. The one big knock on him is durability. However, if the Saints draft him, I feel PT will be challenged for PT.

Edited by irish

• 4 weeks later...