[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

My choices tonight:

Guy = Danny Gokey

Girl = Alexis Grace

Other = Anoop Desai

Just missed (maybe back for wildcard): Ricky Braddy, Tatiana Del Toro

The rest weren't very good.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choices tonight:

Guy = Danny Gokey

Girl = Alexis Grace

Other = Anoop Desai

I agree with Danny and Alexis as for the other I think it comes down to:

The oil rough neck

Tatiana (people love to see a train wreck and you just know it will come)

Ricky Braddy

Anoop Desai because for some reason I think he has a big following

in the end I think it is going to be Danny, Alexis and Tatiana(for the train wreck reasoning) but I wouldnt be surprised to see the Oil Rig guy make it thru

Dial Idol

Edited by keggerz

I agree with Danny and Alexis as for the other I think it comes down to:

The oil rough neck

Tatiana (people love to see a train wreck and you just know it will come)

Ricky Braddy

Anoop Desai because for some reason I think he has a big following

in the end I think it is going to be Danny, Alexis and Tatiana(for the train wreck reasoning) but I wouldnt be surprised to see the Oil Rig guy make it thru

Dial Idol

I agree with you except I doubt Braddy. I don't think he did enough with the little tv time he's had.

My choices tonight:

Guy = Danny Gokey

Girl = Alexis Grace

Other = Anoop Desai

+1

I think Grace and Braddy could go either way. I liked Bikini girl too though. I don't like this format at all. Looks like I worked the last season of the old format....bummer.

alexis and gokey were head and shoulders above everyone else. anoop was very disappointing to me, he wasn't top 5 tonight, if he gets through it's because people liked him from the editors putting him all over the preliminary episodes. I think probably third best was the chick that went first, even though she looked ridiculous in the polkadot top, black spandex and air jordans. that guy we'd never seen before would probably be the other alternative -- talk about someone getting screwed by the show editors.

how does the wildcard round work?

I can't believe the horrible song choices. Don't these people watch the show? Seriously...worst song choices I've seen in a very long time.

why do people think they can go on there and sing a michael jackson, whitney houston, elton john, aretha franklin or celine dion sing and sound better than (or even as good as) the original artist? the only time it works is when a guy like danny gokey sings a song by a female artist, or vice versa. this is, what, the seventh season? you'd think these contestants would be savvier by now.

Bikini Girl didn't make the top 36. But the girl that people are referencing is one of the better lookers left.

she's hot, but ann marie, the chick in the blue dress, not only had a smokin' hot sister but a milfy mom, too. :wacko:

Half the time the music was at a higher level than the singer. Especially for the middle six singers or so.

The cameras weren't on queue or everyone just kept looking into the wrong camera.

I couldn't hear the judges half of the time.

They don't know how to queue up a dammed video? Seriously?

It was a piss poor production of a TV show overall.

BTW - It's sad that guy's wife died, tragic, but seriously how long does he plan to milk that? I assume that other people on the show have had someone they loved die, no one else feels the need to bring it up before every performance.

Gokey

Grace

Braddy

There's your top three from this group. Anoop's a likeable guy so I wish he could move along, but other than that it was shocking really how BAD some of those singers were. The 16 year old..if she'd have sung like that at her audition, she'd never have left home. Yuck.

I wanted to like the oil rigger guy, and I thought his song choice seemed like a good one. He seemed out of breath the whole time though. It was like he couldn't keep up with it.

BTW - It's sad that guy's wife died, tragic, but seriously how long does he plan to milk that? I assume that other people on the show have had someone they loved die, no one else feels the need to bring it up before every performance.

Did he mention it last night? If so, I missed it.

He's smart if he does though. Let's face it, this is a popularity contest. The sympathy vote will carry him a long way.

I've only seen him mention it when specifically asked about it. if you're sick of that angle, blame the show's producers, not the guy himself.

Gokey

Grace

Braddy

There's your top three from this group. Anoop's a likeable guy so I wish he could move along, but other than that it was shocking really how BAD some of those singers were. The 16 year old..if she'd have sung like that at her audition, she'd never have left home. Yuck.

I wanted to like the oil rigger guy, and I thought his song choice seemed like a good one. He seemed out of breath the whole time though. It was like he couldn't keep up with it.

+1

Completey agree with this top three.

Bikini Girl: "Oh I think I sat on the hard part"

Seacrest: "What?"

:D Awesome!!

This is the girl you are referring to...

Ann Marie Boskovich, 22

Hometown: Thousand Oaks, CA

Currently Resides: Nashville, TN

I actually referenced her here...

Tough to say... there is a ton of talent this year. I'm going to say:

Taylor Vaifanua, 17

Hometown: Hurricane, UT

Currently Resides: Hurricane, UT

AND

Adam Lambert, 26

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Currently Resides: Los Angeles, CA

Rounding out the top five will be Rounds, Giraud, and Gokey.

My personal favorite, though, is Anne Marie Boskovich. :D

Going into this top 36 thing, I thought there was a TON of talent this year, actually justifying the "expansion" from 24 to 36. However, last night was really a disappointment. I wasn't really "blown away" by anybody... Gokey and Braddy were pretty good for the guys, and Grace did very well for the girls. Other than that, nothing really stuck out. How I thought the others did:

Anoop Desai - He's a very good singer, but that song choice was horrible. Between that and the fact that he just simply looks goofy on stage, I'm afraid he's definitely headed to the wild card group. I think he's got a solid shot of advancing there, though, if he can improve his image (maybe a makeover?) and pick a better song.

Anne Marie Boskovich - She's a looker, no doubt. Unfortunately, although her song wasn't necessarily bad, I thought she was more loud than good.

Brent Keith - Another good singer whose song choice might hurt him. Unfortunately, this contest has proven in the past that if you're an exclusively country vocalist, you're not going to make it to the end. If he can show some versatility, he might stand a chance as a wild card.

Stevie Wright - Absolutely brutal... looked like she definitely didn't belong on stage. See ya... Maybe she'll be back, since she's one of the 16 year-olds.

Stephen Fowler - Never should have made it this far to begin with, considering Simon's rule in Hollywood was "Forget you're lyrics, you're gone." Has a solid voice, but another bad song choice last night.

Tatiana del Toro - I actually thought she had the second best vocal performance from the girls last night. She's definitely a drama queen, though, and needs to go bye-bye.

Jackie Tohn - What the heck was she wearing, and what's with the high-top basketball shoes? She's probably runner-up behind Tatiana for the wacko award of American Idol 2009.

Casey Carlson - Pretty girl who definitely looked goofy on stage. Probably gone after last night.

Michael Sarver - Seems like a nice "family guy", but that's only going to get someone so far in this contest. Good singer, but not star quality.

So, for the top 12, I think Gokey, Braddy, and Grace SHOULD be in. Unfortunately, with the voting system, it sometimes comes down to who has the biggest fan following, and not necessarily the most talent (Sanjaya 2008). I don't see much from last night's group as far as wild card contestants, other than Desai (if he gets his act together), and possibly Keith if he can do something other than country. I originally thought it was going to be difficult to narrow it down to a top 12... Now, I'm thinking that the next two groups are going to have to be much more impressive than last night's, or it will actually be tough to come up with 12 who deserve to be there. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

versa. this is, what, the seventh season? you'd think these contestants would be savvier by now.

I thought that Brent Keith was one of the saviest of all last nite...with the new format he had to know

he would have a tough road to make it thru having Danny in his group....the fact that he sang country knowing

that is the genre and type of music he wants to do was absolutely the smart thing to do for him...was it a wow performance?

No...but it was solid and I am sure that many in the music industry watch these idol shows since they are free dress rehersals/audtions for them...keith, imo was smart enough to know his idol trip was probably not going much farther so he did what he could to probably open a

few country doors for himself once he is off of idol..which imo he has sung his last song on the show.

the one I was really disappointed in was the dude that sang Michael Jackson...dude has such a great tone to his voice (from what I have heard thru the previous shows)....I mean he forgot his words at least once but i think it was multiple times yet they still put him thru and that was because his voice was nice and actually a bit different....he didnt do any favors for himself last nite....and the excuse that he wasnt comfortable without an instrument while true just came off as lame....

also did anyone else notice one of the comments I think from simon about some just needing a break and ruining it....that to me is why they gave a guy like the oil rig guy a ticket to the top 32 but Danny's friend(black guy) didnt make it...I think they felt someone like Danny's friend will be able to open more doors where the oil rig dude probably has one shot and this is it....there definately is a feel of CASTING for this years show versus in years past.

edit: and I sorta agree with Az...i really like the first girl (she did much better prior to last nite) but that outfit was ludicrist...something about her reminds me of a cheryl crow type but I think she hurt herself big time with her performance/song choice last nite....also it seems as if they arent allowed to use their instruments yet(just a guess)

Edited by keggerz