[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

I've never seen the judges begging the audience to vote for someone. That was completely unfair to Kris and Gokey. I'd be plenty pissed if I were them or at least I would have some smart ass comment live during the results show tonight about how "I'm worried about being sent home tonight since the judges are only campaigning for one person". I thougth that was unprofessional.

I did my part...I voted early and often for Gokey and Allen both to counteract the Simon effect.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter told me one of her friends sent over 700 texts for Adam. :wacko:

That is why DialIdol is not accurate anymore. It only measures busy signals, and these kids today are sending text messages.

That is why DialIdol is not accurate anymore. It only measures busy signals, and these kids today are sending text messages.

and it only measures the busy signal of people using Dialidol...at least that is how I think it works

just checked and that is how it works

* DialIdol is free & safe software you can use to speed dial votes for your favorite contestants.

* DialIdol measures the busy signal to predict who will be voted off.

o DialIdol was 97% accurate for season 7 of American Idol.

o DialIdol has accurately predicted the winner of every

American Idol season it has covered.

* Works with these shows...

o American Idol

o Dancing with the Stars

o So You Think You Can Dance

for the record, I'm not saying he's ONLY getting the sanjaya vote (i.e., teenyboppers voting for who they want to see on the cover of seventeen). that would not be enough to keep him in it this late. but I think he IS getting the sanjaya vote, and that is probably keeping him in it over a much better singer, like allison.

the more I think about it, and reading the concensus here, it seems Lambert is getting the Sanjaya vote, not Kris.

Plenty of fektard voters wanting the gothic momo to win....

Would have been nice to see Adam go, but I'll take Gokey. I never liked his style, but he faded down the stretch IMO.

Adam is so over the top with the same screeching wail every week. I don't get it.

Rooting for Kris next week.

and it only measures the busy signal of people using Dialidol...at least that is how I think it works

just checked and that is how it works

* DialIdol is free & safe software you can use to speed dial votes for your favorite contestants.

* DialIdol measures the busy signal to predict who will be voted off.

o DialIdol was 97% accurate for season 7 of American Idol.

o DialIdol has accurately predicted the winner of every

American Idol season it has covered.

* Works with these shows...

o American Idol

o Dancing with the Stars

o So You Think You Can Dance

100% of people that look at Dial Idol can't wait 24 f'n hours to find out the winner? :wacko:

Adam should win, even though he is tiresome, boring, and seems his only weapon is his high pitched shrill. But you see, he's "different" and fits the Hollywood bill. If there is one thing he doesn't lack, and that's confidence. He may be over confident, but it's working...I think his/her first album will be #1, and then he/she fades away...sure, there will be some shrillseekers loyal to him/it, but that will fade fast...We'll see he/she/it on those sad shows "Where are they now?" being interviewed by Vanilla Ice or Gary Coleman...

I hope the Gokey voters turn out and vote for Kris. I would love to see the look on the "We are rigging it for Adam" judges looks on their mugs when the winner is announced.

I think I will get a cape with "Kris" on the back and fly around New York and LA with it on. I could be the next Greatest America Hero...believe it or not, I'm flying on air... :wacko:

Adam should win, even though he is tiresome, boring, and seems his only weapon is his high pitched shrill. But you see, he's "different" and fits the Hollywood bill. If there is one thing he doesn't lack, and that's confidence. He may be over confident, but it's working...I think his/her first album will be #1, and then he/she fades away...sure, there will be some shrillseekers loyal to him/it, but that will fade fast...We'll see he/she/it on those sad shows "Where are they now?" being interviewed by Vanilla Ice or Gary Coleman...

I hope the Gokey voters turn out and vote for Kris. I would love to see the look on the "We are rigging it for Adam" judges looks on their mugs when the winner is announced.

I think I will get a cape with "Kris" on the back and fly around New York and LA with it on. I could be the next Greatest America Hero...believe it or not, I'm flying on air... :wacko:

I disagree, as I am sure anyone following this thread knows.

I'm guessing most of the naysayers and Adam bashers in the thread weren't fans of glam rock or the hair bands? I was, and I'm hoping he really takes off. I don't find his high notes shrill at all, but perhaps I am not comparing him to the right genre of music. There was quite a bit of that type of thing in the glam/hair bands, (and metal as well) and IMHO, Adam does it every bit as well as any before him.

Good article in Rolling Stone: :D

American Idol is back on top, and it’s all one little black-leather-clad demon prince’s fault. For the past few seasons, Idol seemed to be dying of boredom, but Adam Lambert, a goth studlet with mascara, black nail polish and a falsetto from deep in the larynx of Lucifer, has single-handedly rescued the franchise. He can do sincerity and ridiculosity all at once, exactly the algorithm Idol has been striving for all these years. Lambert combines the different Idol archetypes, delivering the complete star thrill heretofore doled out one sliver at a time. He has the burning “say my name, bitch” thing of Chris Daughtry, the cutthroat vanity of a Carrie Underwood, but also that innocent desire to give pleasure à la Kelly Clarkson. He packs a whole Gong Show of Americana into one pair of striped spandex tights.
Edited by cre8tiff

I think kris coasts next week, as probably 80% of gokey's votes will go his way. kris is at best the 4th best singer on the season, but he's likeable, consistent, and eager to put his own spin on anything he does. oh and little girls (and tonorator) find him dreamy. that's a pretty good recipe.

Screech Adam will end up in Vegas in a drag queen show where he has belonged all along. He's just become boring now that he cannot find any new material to clone from youtube and he just falls back on his one-note screech every song. What is humorous is that his fans like him for being what he is not. I used to think that his over-dramatic ways would land him on Broadway but by now, he's not only destined for Vegas, but it would be a part that I would never visit.

The fawning over him by the judges is ridiculous and after last week unprofessional. I do not know a single person that likes him personally and that includes people that started out liking him. And for the first time, I am just tired of hearing any of the judges anymore. I zip past that part when I can. I started out liking Kara but now I like her the least.

Kris has been solid the entire way and about the music. He plays mutliple instruments and sings very well. He has a far better chance of succeeding as a recording artist since Adam's feathers and masara won't show on the radio.