[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

Ok, so Adam would make a great Kiss member. That was freakin awesome! :wacko:

He sang "Beth" without going over-singing or hitting his high note that he puts in most songs, and it was fantastic. He is a phenomenal singer that just needs to learn to reign it in a bit.

All of that said, I'm glad that Kris won. :D:D

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the audience was mostly stunned. Most were not applauding. It's the difference between Southern California and the TV industry people in attendance and mainstream USA. I was surprised after the campaign the judges put on for Adam.

Chris seems like a good guy, but Adam was the better singer. I'm curious to see what happens to both their careers.

agreed and I think we will see at least five idols(Chris, Adam, Danny, Allison, Matt) from this season do very well over the upcoming years...and I wouldnt be surprised to see a few others get at least one album from their idol fame(sarver(country), duck dance girl(who with the right teachers could be hugh with how different her voice is), Lil Rounds and Alexis Grace should also end up with deals) and I even think that the "blind" guy will end up with a successful music career(just maybe not behind the mic so much).

Kris is the better singer. Adam has more flair, and better range But Adams voice doesnt compare on the same song they both sang last night and Kris sang after he won. . As a result, America got it right.

Kris is also much more talented. Dude plays guitar and the piano. Adam screetchs real well.

I think the audience was mostly stunned. Most were not applauding. It's the difference between Southern California and the TV industry people in attendance and mainstream USA. I was surprised after the campaign the judges put on for Adam.

+1. Not saying Adam can't sing. But I think his style turns a lot of people off. This season was blah for me. Not sure any of them will make it big.

Adam got to sing lead with KISS and Queen (which he rocked) and doesn't have to sing Kara's crap single. Kris will have chicks all over him (but is already married) and he has to sing Kara's crap single.

I think it's pretty clear who won.

+1

I had some serious reservations about tuning in tonight after the embarrassing Adam smooch fest last week, but I gotta admit :D I enjoyed the show :wacko: . Great job by the crew putting that all together. :D

Edited by tazinib1

It's a win-win. Kris needs the boost of being "the idol" more and now Adam can be the new lead singer for Queen. It would be a fabulous fit for him.

seriously, I think Adam is the product of a Freddie Mercury orgy...pretty similar in alot of ways

Oh, and I'm sorry everybody, but Adam is not that great a singer. He's mostly in tune, but he routinely misses notes. When he goes into his really high register, he's almost always in a key of his own -- not the key of the song (and that's just another way of saying he's "pitchy").

Adam does have an incredible range, but that's about it. Freddie Mercury and Robert Plant also could wail in the high octaves, but they didn't go up there just to show off their voices. They sang high when it fit the melody of the song. Regardless of song or the key it's in, Adam feels the need to show off that same really high note he can hit, and it honestly got old fast. I wanted to like him, but I thought he could have shown off his vocals much better if he had made some different decisions. Based on the show performances alone, Kris technically outsang Adam almost every time.

Danny and Allison were the best singers on the show; Danny is probably better, simply because he's got lots of experience and technical training. But Allison will have the longest, most successful music career, since she's young and has a style that can shift and change according to pop trends.

Kris will have longevity, if not world superstardom. Adam will enjoy an eruption in immediate sales, but unless he gets lucky with the right band (the Queen idea would work great), he's going to be the proverbial flash in the pan. When he gets in the studio and producers tell him he needs to stick to a melody, his act will get tired.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

It's a win-win. Kris needs the boost of being "the idol" more and now Adam can be the new lead singer for Queen. It would be a fabulous fit for him.

:wacko: That's exactly what we said last night. Adam would be the perfect Queen lead singer.

I'm shocked by the result. Yet another year when the best doesn't win for Idol.