[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A-Rod out 10 weeks for hip surgery

Hugh 0ne

Thank goodness the Yanks signed Texiera! Slide him right into the 4-hole for the time being. I know it's not the same but it could've been worse.

He's not going to have surgery yet. They are going to try the rest and treatment regime first. then discuss surgery. If he does have surgery he will be out for the year.

He's not going to have surgery yet. They are going to try the rest and treatment regime first. then discuss surgery. If he does have surgery he will be out for the year.

Is that what you heard? Out for the year if he had surgery?!?! I thought it was only 10 weeks? :D

Maybe it'll be like the Owens-Dallas situation? Now that Owens is out of Dallas, Dallas can win the SuperBowl and if A-Roid misses the whole year, maybe the Yanks will play like a team and win the World Series? :wacko:

ETA: I just saw the updated A-Rod report about him missing up to 4 months if he has surgery. The same report also stated that there are no 3rd base options out there for the Yankees other than the 2 guys they have in spring training who have very little experience. YIKES!!!

Edited by irish

Is that what you heard? Out for the year if he had surgery?!?! I thought it was only 10 weeks? :D

Maybe it'll be like the Owens-Dallas situation? Now that Owens is out of Dallas, Dallas can win the SuperBowl and if A-Roid misses the whole year, maybe the Yanks will play like a team and win the World Series? :wacko:

ETA: I just saw the updated A-Rod report about him missing up to 4 months if he has surgery. The same report also stated that there are no 3rd base options out there for the Yankees other than the 2 guys they have in spring training who have very little experience. YIKES!!!

Let's see wait a month to see if tx works and all that puts the surgery in the middle of april, 4 months if rehab goes perfectly(we are talking a-rod and yanks so that won't happen) That's middle of august, getting in condition gets you into sept. So yes if everything goes perfect and the yanks make the playoffs, he could possibly be back for the playoffs, but I rather say if he has surgery he is out for the year.

ETA Lowell had hip surgery in Oct. and he still can't play yet, That's what 5 months.

Edited by SLAYER

So A-Rod's gonna try and play through the injury?