[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

Hey fellas, I'm so sorry to leave you guys hangin on this. My fiance's mom got sick and we had to leave the country for a few weeks. I couldn't get any internet service in her part of the Philippines. Hope it didn't cause too much of a problem.

Wow.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fellas, I'm so sorry to leave you guys hangin on this. My fiance's mom got sick and we had to leave the country for a few weeks. I couldn't get any internet service in her part of the Philippines. Hope it didn't cause too much of a problem.

That's pretty crazy stuff! It wasn't a big deal. I gave you time on the clock and once I realized you weren't around, I let dirtdickens, who wanted to be a part, fill in for you. Hope everything worked out okay.

Gotta see if MrTed is gonna pick for the G-Men... :wacko:

MrTed PM'd me and asked me to select for one of my favorite teams- the G-Men. :wacko:

So I put my feelings aside and selected Alex MaGee, a DT from Purdue who was already starting to slide a little bit. He would really add some nice depth along the Giants' front-line with Robbins turning 32 and entering his 10th season. The Giants like strong, quick tackles who can play multiple techniques and can twist and stunt while even dropping into coverage every now and then. MaGee moves very well hustling and chasing players all over. He's quick off the ball and is a natural inside. He makes slid use of his hands and is a solid tackler. He's also versatile as he's lined up inside and outside. He shows terrific lateral range and closing speed, still being a factor outside the tackle box as he'll chase down ballcarriers to the sideline. His durablity has been a concern with foot and back injuries.

Randall is up next selecting for the Colts.

Edited by irish

The Colts take Louis Murphy Gator WR. He's 5'11 and can streak downfield. They need another downfield threat to groom with Marvin gone.

He can play inside or outside and makes tough catches. I was hoping for Derrick Williams but he is gone. Also considered a center/guard but Saturday re-signed so decided to go WR.

Patsfan39 is on the clock selecting for the Panthers. Theprofessor is up after him.

Is anybody interested in doing a 1 round mock draft next week and maybe another one the week before the draft?

Same format, same participants...something to pass the time.

Sure. PM me if you do this. I'll take the Bears. :wacko:

I would be willing to take an unclaimed team.

Theprof is on the clock selecting for the Titans.

With the loss of Albert Haynesworth and the impending freee agency of Kearse, Vandenbosch and Tony Brown the Titans need to add depth and youth to their defensive line. Mitch King played both DE and DT at Iowa so we love his flexibility to play both positions as there is definite need at both. He's a very instinctive player, with a great motor that makes everyone around him better.

With the mediocre play of Tulloch and Fowler at ILB and the age of Keith Bullock the Titans will look to fill their needs at LB with their next two selections in the 4th round. They are hoping that two of the following four players are there for them when their time comes. In order, Cody Brown, Zach Follett, Nic Harris or Scott McKillop.

Edited by theprofessor

Suckmyvick and loyalboyd are now on the clock selecting for the Cardinals.

By the way, thanks to DMD or whoever for unpinning before the mock was over. :wacko:

Edited by irish

Eric Moncur. He is from Miami where he was pretty good. This may have been a reach at this time. But he looked like the best OLB left for our type of Defense we run. Well thats it. Keep an eye on this guy he could surprise wherever he is drafted.

Information on him.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-f...cur_eric00.html

I'll have to keep an eye out for that Eric Moncur fella.

In the meanwhile, Electricrelish is on the clock, selecting for the Steelers.

It's no secret that the Steelers need offensive line help. Picking up Duke Robinson in the second round was just the start. Being able to grab Eric Wood, C from Louisville will now dramatically bolster the front line. "Interestingly enough, Wood is from Cincinnati and was a die-hard Bengals fan growing up." - Scout.com

Solid selection with Eric Wood.

Patsfan39 is now on the clock, picking for the Patriots, making the first of 4 compensatory selections here at the end of round 3.

The Bengals select Jasper Brinkley with their 3rd round compensatory pick.The main concern is his recovery from surgery after playing at less than 100% in 2008,but his showing at the combine removed any doubts.He is a tackling machine and will be groomed into the MLB job eventually replacing Dhani Jones.

Wolverines Fan PM'd me with his pick for the Bears selecting DE, Kyle Moore from USC.

I'm on the clock for the last pick in this Huddle Mock Draft, selecting for the G-Men.

With the last pick in the 3rd round and of this Huddle Mock Draft, the Giants select- CB, Cary Harris, USC.

He's got solid height but is a bit lanky. Harris has good man coverage skills along with very good speed and acceleration to stay with WRs. He plays alert and has nice zone awareness. He supports the run aggressively and is a willing striker. Physical at the LoS, quick-handed to re-route WRs, and is a solid special teams contributor. His durability needs to be re-evaluated- dislocated right shoulder and has had surgery on both ankles.

Thanks to all those Huddlers who represented their Homer teams and made selections for them as well as to those who gave their input toward making picks or added comments about picks made. I know I enjoyed doing this and hope you all did as well.

All the Packer picks except Ellerbe are still there for the 4th round.

We are looking at DT Chris Baker, CB Mark Parson and LB Gerald McRath.

As they should be as with the exception of McRath taking any of them earlier than the 3rd round would have been reaching (especially for Baker and Parson who shouldn't even go in the 4th IMO).

As they should be as with the exception of McRath taking any of them earlier than the 3rd round would have been reaching (especially for Baker and Parson who shouldn't even go in the 4th IMO).

Ted always reaches. He was criticized for taking James Jones and Jordy Nelson where he did.

The 4th is where I wanted to take the players above.

Edited by Randall

Ted always reaches. He was criticized for taking James Jones and Jordy Nelson where he did.

The 4th is where I wanted to take the players above.

This is true and really who knows a player's true value? How many times does a 1st rounder end up being a bust and a later rounder end up outperforming his draft spot? Happens quite often and that's because teams value players incorrectly. So, once we reach this point in the draft (2nd day choices) it's really a matter of a gut feeling on a player or belief that they will fit well in the current system a specific team runs.

Tampa Bay takes Robert Ayers DE from Tennessee. I am targeting for them(with thanks to one Bucs fan that chimed in) the defensive line. With Raji and Jerry gone I believe DE is the wqay to go here.

Mike Mayock said in 3 years Robert Ayers will be the best defensive player taken in this draft. I have to listen when he talks like that.

Mike Mayock said in 3 years Robert Ayers will be the best defensive player taken in this draft. I have to listen when he talks like that.

I have him rated as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. :wacko:

On a serious note, I really like his size and there's no question he has talent. However, he seems to be immature, lacks motivation and has some character issues. During his college career he gave Andre Smith trouble and also handled Michael Oher well at the Senior Bowl during drills.

• 11 years later...