Sign in to follow this  
irish

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

Eric Moncur. He is from Miami where he was pretty good. This may have been a reach at this time. But he looked like the best OLB left for our type of Defense we run. Well thats it. Keep an eye on this guy he could surprise wherever he is drafted.

Information on him.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-f...cur_eric00.html

I'll have to keep an eye out for that Eric Moncur fella.

In the meanwhile, Electricrelish is on the clock, selecting for the Steelers.

It's no secret that the Steelers need offensive line help. Picking up Duke Robinson in the second round was just the start. Being able to grab Eric Wood, C from Louisville will now dramatically bolster the front line. "Interestingly enough, Wood is from Cincinnati and was a die-hard Bengals fan growing up." - Scout.com

Solid selection with Eric Wood.

Patsfan39 is now on the clock, picking for the Patriots, making the first of 4 compensatory selections here at the end of round 3.

The Bengals select Jasper Brinkley with their 3rd round compensatory pick.The main concern is his recovery from surgery after playing at less than 100% in 2008,but his showing at the combine removed any doubts.He is a tackling machine and will be groomed into the MLB job eventually replacing Dhani Jones.

Wolverines Fan PM'd me with his pick for the Bears selecting DE, Kyle Moore from USC.

I'm on the clock for the last pick in this Huddle Mock Draft, selecting for the G-Men.

With the last pick in the 3rd round and of this Huddle Mock Draft, the Giants select- CB, Cary Harris, USC.

He's got solid height but is a bit lanky. Harris has good man coverage skills along with very good speed and acceleration to stay with WRs. He plays alert and has nice zone awareness. He supports the run aggressively and is a willing striker. Physical at the LoS, quick-handed to re-route WRs, and is a solid special teams contributor. His durability needs to be re-evaluated- dislocated right shoulder and has had surgery on both ankles.

Thanks to all those Huddlers who represented their Homer teams and made selections for them as well as to those who gave their input toward making picks or added comments about picks made. I know I enjoyed doing this and hope you all did as well.

All the Packer picks except Ellerbe are still there for the 4th round.

We are looking at DT Chris Baker, CB Mark Parson and LB Gerald McRath.

All the Packer picks except Ellerbe are still there for the 4th round.

We are looking at DT Chris Baker, CB Mark Parson and LB Gerald McRath.

As they should be as with the exception of McRath taking any of them earlier than the 3rd round would have been reaching (especially for Baker and Parson who shouldn't even go in the 4th IMO).

As they should be as with the exception of McRath taking any of them earlier than the 3rd round would have been reaching (especially for Baker and Parson who shouldn't even go in the 4th IMO).

Ted always reaches. He was criticized for taking James Jones and Jordy Nelson where he did.

The 4th is where I wanted to take the players above.

Edited by Randall

Ted always reaches. He was criticized for taking James Jones and Jordy Nelson where he did.

The 4th is where I wanted to take the players above.

This is true and really who knows a player's true value? How many times does a 1st rounder end up being a bust and a later rounder end up outperforming his draft spot? Happens quite often and that's because teams value players incorrectly. So, once we reach this point in the draft (2nd day choices) it's really a matter of a gut feeling on a player or belief that they will fit well in the current system a specific team runs.

Tampa Bay takes Robert Ayers DE from Tennessee. I am targeting for them(with thanks to one Bucs fan that chimed in) the defensive line. With Raji and Jerry gone I believe DE is the wqay to go here.

Mike Mayock said in 3 years Robert Ayers will be the best defensive player taken in this draft. I have to listen when he talks like that.

Mike Mayock said in 3 years Robert Ayers will be the best defensive player taken in this draft. I have to listen when he talks like that.

I have him rated as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. :wacko:

On a serious note, I really like his size and there's no question he has talent. However, he seems to be immature, lacks motivation and has some character issues. During his college career he gave Andre Smith trouble and also handled Michael Oher well at the Senior Bowl during drills.