[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

Two receivers that are on the downside of their career,one that was injury prone(Caldwell),and an awesome second round pick (Simpson) that had a whopping one reception on the season(but hey,he's got BIIIIIIIIG hands),and lastly Henry,the very model of dependability,and you have a problem with the pick?A guy that some have rated as possibly the best player in the draft?

Had either of the two OT's I wanted been there,they would have been selected first,but they weren't.Selecting a bone headed Andre Smith with this pick is risky at #6,even though he fits my Bengals normal criteria of bad work ethic and questionable character.

Who would you have selected?

If anyone cares I would have gone defense. A DT ot LB. Maybe Rey Maualuga even though it is a tad early.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW I think 24 hrs should be the max time anyone gets or we won't even finish before the draft.

Agreed that's why we'll be moving forward now. If anyone has a suggestion for the Jaguars pick, PM me with it. I already have an idea as to where I'm going to go for them but will wait for a bit for other input. I had hoped since Seahawks was pretty involved in joining the draft that he would show up to make the picks. Maybe he'll be here for the next one.

it is surprising to me that chad is listed at 6'1". i guess that could be true but man he looks little. i'm seriously concerned about chad as a deep threat because i think he's lost it. he longest pass this past season was 26 yards. that's his longest for the entire season. his yards per catch dropped from 15.5 to 10.2. injury related? disgruntled? no carson? all possible, but i think he's not the receiver he once was.

and i forgot about henry. even more reason why we don't need another WR.

Chad also had two messed up ankles, and a bum shoulder on top of having a horrific QB situation last year.

Take Vontae Davis CB for Jacksonville.

PON PM'd me and asked if he could take over the Jaguars' pick and so I gave them to him. I also shared with him the names of three players who I thought would be solid fits for the Jags and one of them was in fact Davis. So we'll see who he goes with...

PON PM'd me and asked if he could take over the Jaguars' pick and so I gave them to him. I also shared with him the names of three players who I thought would be solid fits for the Jags and one of them was in fact Davis. So we'll see who he goes with...

Since they signed Tra Thomas they may pass on an OT. They could go Jenkins too but he looked slow and stiff in drills at the combine.

I think they want and need a CB, and view Jenkins as a safety.

I agree but he will more than likely get tried out as a CB first. Davis was a solid pick. Darrius Heyward-Bay would've also been an option in my opinion for the Jags.

The trio of Randall, PON and Stingers are now up to select 9th for the Packers. Please make sure all 3 Huddlers have had their opinion heard before a selection is made. Thanks.

ETA: Both PON and Randall obviously know they are up but Stingers may not know and therefore may need a PM. I'll send her one.

Edited by irish

I agree but he will more than likely get tried out as a CB first. Davis was a solid pick. Darrius Heyward-Bay would've also been an option in my opinion for the Jags.

The trio of Randall, PON and Stingers are now up to select 9th for the Packers. Please make sure all 3 Huddlers have had their opinion heard before a selection is made. Thanks.

ETA: Both PON and Randall obviously know they are up but Stingers may not know and therefore may need a PM. I'll send her one.

Just sent a pm to Randall. I think he and I are on the same page with the packers pick, so as long as stingers is on board, we're good to go.

Just sent a pm to Randall. I think he and I are on the same page with the packers pick, so as long as stingers is on board, we're good to go.

Sounds good. Thanks.

ETA: I PM'd Stingers and she has since signed on. So it shouldn't be long now.

Edited by irish

After seeing his workout numbers from today, I may have spoke too soon.

Yeah they weren't impressive at all but like they said he'll still probably be drafted between 10 and 20. Maybe Washington at 13?

After seeing his workout numbers from today, I may have spoke too soon.

He looked pretty flabby and 19 reps at 225 is average at best. He seems like a nice kid that won't work hard if he gets a lot of money.

He looked pretty flabby and 19 reps at 225 is average at best. He seems like a nice kid that won't work hard if he gets a lot of money.

Not entirely disagreeing with you, but the bench press isn't the be all end all measuring stick for strength. If the team drafting him signs him to an incentive laden deal, he could be an absolute steal.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Not entirely disagreeing with you, but the bench press isn't the be all end all measuring stick for strength. If the team drafting him signs him to an incentive laden deal, he could be an absolute steal.

No it isn't, I think the flabbiness just shows he hasn't been working out a lot.

Yes he could be a steal if he is partnered with someone who works with him. I think he's a nice kid that isn't really driven.

With the 9th pick, Stingers, PON and Randall select DE, Tyson Jackson from LSU.

Gopher is now on the clock selecting for the 49ers.

With the 9th pick, Stingers, PON and Randall select DE, Tyson Jackson from LSU.

Gopher is now on the clock selecting for the 49ers.

With Jeremy Thompson, Aaron Kampman, Brandon Chillar, and Desmond Bishop in the mix for OLB, plus a lot of talent to be had in the next few rounds at OLB the packers could wait on that position. As it stands now, Cullen Jenkins and Justin Harrell are slated to play DE. I'm fine with Jenkins being a 5 gap DE, but I will put zero faith in Justin Harrell. Jackson steps in immediatley and the D Line is set.

With Jeremy Thompson, Aaron Kampman, Brandon Chillar, and Desmond Bishop in the mix for OLB, plus a lot of talent to be had in the next few rounds at OLB the packers could wait on that position. As it stands now, Cullen Jenkins and Justin Harrell are slated to play DE. I'm fine with Jenkins being a 5 gap DE, but I will put zero faith in Justin Harrell. Jackson steps in immediatley and the D Line is set.

Solid pick, no question. I also believe that Tyson Jackson is the only top notch five tech guy in the draft. Now if Orakpo was available who would you guys have picked?

Solid pick, no question. I also believe that Tyson Jackson is the only top notch five tech guy in the draft. Now if Orakpo was available who would you guys have picked?

I think PON and I both wanted Orakpo.

If there are any Saints fans here I have their pick coming up later this night(hopefully) or early tomorrow

I have a massive man crush on Orakpo. I think he's one of the top 4-5 players in this draft, and the 2nd best defensive player. I would be ecstatic if he was a packer. If he falls, I think he's absolutely Ted's pick.

Edited by piratesownninjas