[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

There are several good TE prospects this year. I'm not saying this is a bad pick, I like th idea of McNabb throwing to a real TE, but I thought he went a tad early.

There is the son of a great Packer TE this year too that probably won't go in the first 2 rounds bt I wouldn't mind Ted Thompson taking him as an TE/H back.

I think the Eagles already have a good receiving TE in Celek, Pettigrew is the best blocking TE in the draft imo and catches well...

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the previous teams PM'ing the next team in line to pick?

Not sure. But I've been PMing everyone as I feel that's part of my duty running this thing.

I think the Eagles already have a good receiving TE in Celek, Pettigrew is the best blocking TE in the draft imo and catches well...

I'm not really sure how much they can get out of Celek but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with his production last year. And there's no doubt that he was a big part of why they decided they could do without L.J. Smith.

We are relying on a newb to keep this thing going eh? Cmon NEWB!!!

NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB!!!

That's what I'm afraid of. I hope he comes through, otherwise, I or someone who steps up will be making the pick.

I'm not really sure how much they can get out of Celek but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with his production last year. And there's no doubt that he was a big part of why they decided they could do without L.J. Smith.

well, I think Celek is a great #2 TE because of his receiving ability....it's his blocking ability, or lack there-of that will keep him a #2 at best...

the next pick, raji, would have been better than crabtree. the bengals cannot stop the run and need help.

Fair enough.But We have two pretty solid starters at DT right now,although a third would certainly help the rotation.I'd argue that DE would be a bigger need as our two starters generate next to no pass rush.Still,if if you pass on a guy that may be the best player on the board,you may wind up regretting it later.Here's an example.

In 2001,the Bengals needed defensive help as well.They selected 4th overall,Justin Smith.They filled a "need".He went on to have a rather unremarkable career with the Bengals before leaving in FA to to SF.Selected with the very next pick after Justin Smith was Ladainian Tomlinson.Would the Bengals have been filling a need?No,they had Corey Dillon.

Even though they had Corey Dillon,if you could go back in time,who would you have selected?

Fair enough.But We have two pretty solid starters at DT right now,although a third would certainly help the rotation.I'd argue that DE would be a bigger need as our two starters generate next to no pass rush.Still,if if you pass on a guy that may be the best player on the board,you may wind up regretting it later.Here's an example.

In 2001,the Bengals needed defensive help as well.They selected 4th overall,Justin Smith.They filled a "need".He went on to have a rather unremarkable career with the Bengals before leaving in FA to to SF.Selected with the very next pick after Justin Smith was Ladainian Tomlinson.Would the Bengals have been filling a need?No,they had Corey Dillon.

Even though they had Corey Dillon,if you could go back in time,who would you have selected?

let's not play this game. i could pull up many counter examples where a team supposedly did take the best player available and ended up screwed. for example, looking back, houston made the right move passing on reggie bush.

and, uh, if LT went to the bengals, he would not be the LT we know today ...

let's not play this game. i could pull up many counter examples where a team supposedly did take the best player available and ended up screwed. for example, looking back, houston made the right move passing on reggie bush.

and, uh, if LT went to the bengals, he would not be the LT we know today ...

What do you mean don't play this game?So you're saying take a LESS talented player because of a past bust?My point is you can try to fill a need and reach,or take BPA.If they're rated fairly equally,take the need.As far as not being the LT we know today,maybe,maybe not.But Corey Dillon and Rudi Johnson both put up good numbers in Cincinnati;one would think LT would as well.What I am sure of is Justin Smith would still suck.

You don't like my pick;I get it.But my reason for selecting him is just as valid as yours is for selecting Raji.Both could turn out to be great.

FWIW,if the same scenario would come up for the Bengals and they would select Raji,I would have no problem with the selection.I just don't see them doing so when they selected Sims and Shirley in last years draft.

You don't like my pick;I get it.But my reason for selecting him is just as valid as yours is for selecting Raji.Both could turn out to be great.

true. my frustration is with the bengals, not you. our play on either side of the line has been so bad for so long that we have to do something to change course. otherwise we are going to continue to suck.

What do you mean don't play this game?

He means hindsight is 20/20 and it's stupid to bring up past examples that way as if it backs one viewpoint or the other just because it worked out a certain way in the given example. As if that should need explaining.

Cmon fn ATL I have plans tonight and was hoping to get my pick outta the way...

true. my frustration is with the bengals, not you. our play on either side of the line has been so bad for so long that we have to do something to change course. otherwise we are going to continue to suck.

Hee hee...I guess we'll both be throwing things on draft day when they select Beanie Wells. :wacko:

Zzzzzzzzz :wacko:

working on something but it hasn't really even been that long yet.

ETA: But I feel your pain.

Edited by irish

Plans fell thru tonight (shatty weather so not a big) - so I figured well at least I'll make my huddle draft pick.

Looks like my Fri night won't even work its way up to being that lame. :wacko:

I have killerfalcons AIM, he has not been all day which he usually is on everyday. I sent him messages when he was offline, hopefully he gets online and picks for you.

He was in last night at 8PM. Hopefully he'll be in again soon.

Yeah I wanted to give him a full day.

We keep this up and it won't be a mock...the NFL will be drafting the 2nd round before we are.

We've moved through this draft pretty well so I nor anyone else can really complain. I'm doing another draft that started days before this one and we are still on the 4th pick. :wacko: If he doesn't make a pick within the next hour or so, it'll be done for him so that we can move on.

Plans fell thru tonight (shatty weather so not a big) - so I figured well at least I'll make my huddle draft pick.

Looks like my Fri night won't even work its way up to being that lame. :D

Sorry to hear that the plans fell through but at least you'll be around for this.

I have killerfalcons AIM, he has not been all day which he usually is on everyday. I sent him messages when he was offline, hopefully he gets online and picks for you.

Thanks for trying and hopefully he shows in the next hour.