[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marijuana poll

AtomicCEO

Marjuana use  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Referring to myself, not someone I allegedly know... I have

• Never tried marijuana
    • Tried marijuana only and had a substance problem
    • Tried marijuana, moved on to harder drugs and had a substance problem
    • Tried marijuana and I'm a productive member of society
  2. 2. When I was in high school/college...

• marijuana was hard to get
    • marijuana and alcohol were both easy to get, despite them being illegal for me
    • marijuana was easier to get than alcohol
    • I never tried to get marijuana
  3. 3. Marjuana is...

• Safer than alcohol
    • Safer than cigarettes
    • Safer then most prescription medication
    • More dangerous than 2 or more of these things
  4. 4. If marijuana was made legal, with age limitations and safety standards

• Life as we know it would collapse in an orgy of hedonism and crime
    • Everything would be fine

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really didn't like the choices for #3, but had to answer to make my others go through. I think Josh Gordon is as safe as alcohol and/or cigarettes and/or many prescription drugs.... but certainly not inherently safER....

Edited by darin3

I really didn't like the choices for #3, but had to answer to make my others go through. I think Josh Gordon is as safe as alcohol and/or cigarettes and/or many prescription drugs.... but certainly not inherently safER....

Agreed. There needs to be a 5th option for the 3rd poll that says safer than all of the above. And I feel there also needs to be a 3rd option for the last poll that's somewhere between the current 2.

Edited by irish

I did word #3 poorly. There are several answers not covered. I was so baked when I made this.

And I'm really surprised at this point that 5 people have answered with the fourth option. I'm curious which things people think Josh Gordon is more dangerous than.

Alcohol - addictive to a large number of people, subject to overdose, long term use causes liver failure.

Cigarettes - VERY addictive, long term uses proven to cause extremely high rates of cancer

Prescription medication - often habit forming and subject to overdose, often poorly or fraudulently safety tested, most have serious side effects (erection lasting more than 4 hours).

Josh Gordon - not habit forming for 99% of people, no potential for overdose, long term use could cause lung cancer but at a far lower rate than cigarettes, thoroughly tested to be safe over a century of use.

PS. I forgot the worst side-effect: Communism.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Cigarettes - VERY addictive, long term uses proven to cause extremely high rates of cancer

Josh Gordon - not habit forming for 99% of people, no potential for overdose, long term use could cause lung cancer but at a far lower rate than cigarettes, thoroughly tested to be safe over a century of use.

I think that one is the toss-up - MJ is smoked unfiltered, which makes it worse than cigs, but the lack of chemical additives and the fact that most people would smoke up maybe once every few days (as opposed to 1+ packs per day for cigs) probably make that argument moot.

I think that one is the toss-up - MJ is smoked unfiltered, which makes it worse than cigs, but the lack of chemical additives and the fact that most people would smoke up maybe once every few days (as opposed to 1+ packs per day for cigs) probably make that argument moot.

1) Even when I was a serious pothead, I probably took a maximum of 20 drags to the dome a day. When I was a serious cigarette smoker, a pack a day would be like... what... 200 drags? That's a serious difference.

2) Take a lesson from Michael Phelps and get yourself a bong, my friend. Filtered, cooled, and condensed through the magic of H2O. Besides, when Phillip Morris puts packs of joints together, they'll be filtered.

Poll is flawed to a certain extent.

I chose tried and moved on to harder drugs and had a substance problem. The flaw there is that my substance problem was with what i tried 1st. Alcohol.

I do find that the results are surprising to me.

Edited by tbimm