[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tournament

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again bushwacked you're just beating around the bush. I said take a look at the schedule for Memphis,and that my AAU team could handle some of those teams. Winning all those games means nothing to me that's like the Patriots going undefeated then being exposed in the superbowl.

yea uh-huh

I have no idea what i'm doing.

I ended up with Louisville, Connecticut, Duke, and North Carolina in the final four, with NC beating UConn in the final. :wacko:

I got Louisville, Purdue, Florida State, and UNC in the final four.

I have no idea what i'm doing.

I ended up with Louisville, Connecticut, Duke, and North Carolina in the final four, with NC beating UConn in the final. :wacko:

Definitely not crazy picks. I've had a lot of trouble picking the East rep. for the final four. I'm not the biggest believer in Duke getting there, but that upper right hand corner can definitely have an unexpected team come through.

Here's a few items that I see from my brackets... (Take this from a non-expert)

UConn I didn't give them a very good chance to make it to the final four. I have them in the final four only once in a gazillion brackets. I even have Purdue sneaking up on them in the Sweet 16 game in a bracket. If Memphis loses early than my brackets will be hurting since I have them most often in the final four.

Oklahoma is the probably the best #2 seed but I don't see them beating UNC. I'm hoping that UNC gets healthy when needed. Vegas Oddsmakers give UNC the best odds of winning their region and the tourney. I gave UNC the most chances to win the tourney and gave Louisville a few chances in a boom or bust kind of way. Either Louisville wins it all or gets beat out in their region. Go figure.

I don't think that Duke is strong this year but I can't see either Texas or Minn beating them. I've given Nova or UCLA a chance to beat them before Pitt gets a chance at them but I think that Duke has an easy trip to the regional finals for a #2 seed. I don't give Duke a pass to the final four either because of Pitt, Nova, or UCLA beating them along the way.

Of all the Big Ten teams, I think that Michigan State has the best chance of getting to the final four which will be played in Detroit. I gave Illinois and Purdue a very slight chance to advance to the sweet sixteen on only a few brackets.

Dayton, Temple, Arizona, Western Kentucky, and Wisconsin are a few of the higher seeds that I picked to win a round. A #10 win over a # 7 is not much of an upset but that is where I draw the line of a win becoming an upset.

Edited by MikesVikes

I'm a homer so take this with a grain of salt, but my final four is Louisville, Villanova, UCONN, and Oklahoma. Out of that pack I have UCONN taking it all. I think Pitt suffers from officiating, Blair will get in foul troule along the way and it will be the end for them. Villanova and their guards matches up too well with Duke for anything other than a Villanova win. Memphis is playing above their heads right now and will come back down to earth. No one else in teh south can match up that well with UCONN. I think that Oklahoma will be stronger that UNC, Lawson is what makes that team go and that toe will be an issue. Louisville is just the class of their bracket.

For some UNC Homer info...

Lawson practiced yesterday but is "extremely doubtful" to play today. I think this is more precautionary as (hopefully) UNC ought to be able to take care of Radford without him. I can also see the possibility of Roy trying to get through Saturday's game without him as well, if the Heels can keep the game from being close. The moment the game is close, however, i think you'll see him Saturday, though he probably would not start. If he does start, you can rest assured he is 100%.

a few things - I think UCONN and Memphis are set up pretty nicely to reach the elite 8

Pitt is the team to beat IMO - and will be in the Final Four

I think Wake will pose some problems and has a decent shot at beating LOU

I think Texas has the talent to beat Duke

UNC is Final Four bound if Lawson is good to go, if he is slowed I like Blake Griffin and those guards to beat them

mix it up a bit and going out on a limb......my final four: PItt, Wake, UCONN and OKL

uh, big negative - I just don't see a Ben Howland-led team loses in rd. 1 -

Collison will slow Maynor and they will be too big and physical down low - UCLA by double digits

I agree with Wildcat here as I think all the upset talk is going to motivate the Bruins. I do see them losing a close one in round two however.

I'm hopefully assuming that Lawson gets back to 100% by next Thursday.

My final 4:

UNC, Pitt, Wash. Lou

UNC v. Lou

UNC

:wacko:

I love the fact that you have UDub in the Final 4. I have two #4's getting in ....

Wake Forest

Gonzaga (I think Gonzaga gets UNC this year)

UCONN

Pitt

Pittsburgh winning it all.

In my "pimary" bracket I put Louisville, Memphis, Pittsburgh, and Gonzaga (put in this homer pick after the Lawson news) in the final four.

Other "suprise" picks include W. Virgina, UCLA, and Arizona St. making it to the elite 8.

No way ASU or UCLA make it to the Elite 8. UCLA has no horses down low and their guard play, Collison included, has been suspect all year. ASU's got no shot. You control Harden, you beat the Devils. I did the same thing with the Zags. I think that they have the team to beat UNC, especially with Lawson not being 100%.