[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tournament

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I hyped them up either... I did say that they can be stopped, especially if you get the ball out of Evans' hands. One thing is clear... they're not the most disciplined team, and if they get down early, they start to jack three's like there's no tomorrow. It's rare that you see a team panic so early, like Memphis apparently did today. Absolutely ZERO inside game, which surprised me somewhat, because they have decent inside players. Their big guys are more of the rebounding/put-back type of guys, but even so, their guards could drive to the basket once in a while. They just refused to do anything on offense but shoot the three, and if not for Sallie hitting 10/15 from behind the arc, they would be going home right now. Free throws still seem to be an issue for them as well... Maybe it's a wake-up call, maybe not. Either way, if they don't play better than they did today, they're not going to make it much farther. The way the two played today, I think Maryland would have mopped the floor with them.

They just refused to do anything on offense but shoot the three, and if not for Sallie hitting 10/15 from behind the arc, they would be going home right now. Free throws still seem to be an issue for them as well... Maybe it's a wake-up call, maybe not. Either way, if they don't play better than they did today, they're not going to make it much farther. The way the two played today, I think Maryland would have mopped the floor with them.

That was a crazy day from Sallie.

No way ASU or UCLA make it to the Elite 8. UCLA has no horses down low and their guard play, Collison included, has been suspect all year. ASU's got no shot. You control Harden, you beat the Devils. I did the same thing with the Zags. I think that they have the team to beat UNC, especially with Lawson not being 100%.

I think ASU and UCLA benefit most from the draws they have in their regions. Weak #3's and vulnerable #2's.

ACC 1, PAC 10 0

Egad Cal looked terrible. Not sure why they played so poorly. A good group of guards that made a lot of bad decisions all game long.

Washington is making up for it by hammering Mississippi St. physically, going into the half with an 11 point lead and on a roll.

Egad Cal looked terrible. Not sure why they played so poorly. A good group of guards that made a lot of bad decisions all game long.

Washington is making up for it by hammering Mississippi St. physically, going into the half with an 11 point lead and on a roll.

agreed Cal looked awful- I really thought they would take out MD, they were rushing everything and just seemed to be playing too fast and they never took a breath and calmed down- which happens in the tourney.....

werd - UW is looking good so far, they need to slam the door shut on MSU in the first 5-6 min of the 2nd half.

Just got home from the first round. Watched Tyler Hansbrough become the ACC's all-time leading scorer. :D

Sat right next to Pat Riley. :wacko:

I'm pumped about the ACC's chances this year. Was glad to see UMD get the W. Can you believe that Grevis Vasquez is the 6th best PG in the ACC?

Oh, BTW, I have UMD taking down Mamphis. :shh:

Edited by billay