[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Henne v. Brian Brohm

General Itals

Brohm was delegated to 3rd string behind Flynn last year. I heard no reports of him improving significantly since then. I would bee Henne as being better at this point.

Edited by Big John

The big three really like Henne in Miami. He can make all the throws and has the arm to get us Ginn to his fullest potential. I would be shocked if he wasn't starting next year. If Miami loses 4 of their first five or if Pennington gets hurt then Henne will get the nod and there'll be no looking back.

Drafted him in LLD, hoping for the best. I do like the way things have shaped up in Miami. Hoping he gets an opportunity this season...

:wacko:

I was actually shocked how early you took him cause I had targeted him for 2 rounds later.

The big three really like Henne in Miami. He can make all the throws and has the arm to get us Ginn to his fullest potential. I would be shocked if he wasn't starting next year. If Miami loses 4 of their first five or if Pennington gets hurt then Henne will get the nod and there'll be no looking back.

This is one of the most ludacris statements I've seen come from a Dolphin fan.......

Pennington had a stellar year and was actually in the talk for MVP, that's crazy considering we haven't had a QB talked about like that since the Marino era. I don't see Henne playing much at all this year unless of course there is an injury.

Edited by Flip_Side

This is one of the most ludacris statements I've seen come from a Dolphin fan.......

Pennington had a stellar year and was actually in the talk for MVP, that's crazy considering we haven't had a QB talked about like that since the Marino era. I don't see Henne playing much at all this year unless of course there is an injury.

He says Pennington will start this year(2009) and Henne will start next year(2010)

Why is that so far out there?

He says Pennington will start this year(2009) and Henne will start next year(2010)

Why is that so far out there?

I assumed "next year" was this up and coming season considering he said if we lose 4 straight Henne would get the start...

Edited by Flip_Side

My first ever dynasty draft was a learning experience. He was a guy I really wanted, and I just didn't think he'd be there later.

He wouldn't have been. Me and Opie both discussed that pick right after you made it. We were both looking at him. Hence the old FF saying: "if you're looking at a guy you think is a sleeper pick, you can bet your ass 2 others are as well"

I'll buy the 2d part.

And if you watched him in the pre-season last year you'd buy the first part too. I hope I'm wrong, and that Brohm could turn out to be another Matt Schaub and TT can get something nice in regaurds to a trade, but I'm not holding my breath. The guy was passed by Matt Flynn...

I find it hard to fathom how a guy like Parcells is going to kick Pennington to the curb if he performs like he did last year. I may be way off base, but I always remember Parcells as being a vet-friendly guy, and he welcomed Pennington into the fold.

As to making comparisons between Henne & Brohm and their chances in the future, I'd say that we'll have to wait at least 2 more years before being able to make a well informed judgment. QBs have long learning curves, and that Brohm is currently behind Flynn on the depth chart means nothing 2 years down the road.

And if you watched him in the pre-season last year you'd buy the first part too. I hope I'm wrong, and that Brohm could turn out to be another Matt Schaub and TT can get something nice in regaurds to a trade, but I'm not holding my breath. The guy was passed by Matt Flynn...

To echo what BB just said - Aaron Rodgers was a bit of a trainwreck his first couple years, but he got the chance to mature without pressure and he played about as well as any Pro Bowl level QB last season. So I wouldn't write Brohm off completely at this point.

Still, Henne seems to have a better shot at starting in the near term, 2010 deadline aside - Pennington is older and probably just as fragile as Aaron Rodgers*, not to mention Henne has now been anointed, whereas Brohm is basically there behind some glass in case of emergency, assuming he can even pass up Matt Flynn.

* - Rodgers showed more toughness and durability than I think ANY reasonable person would have hoped for last season.