[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never bet on the NBA

Gopher

I decided to do a little 3-team 7-point teaser tonight, just to make the NIT games interesting... Plus, I really liked the odds, with Penn State getting 10.5 and Baylor getting 3 points. So, with the 7 additional points, I've got PSU +17.5 against Florida (which I'm thinking is free money, since there's no way Penn State loses by 18 or more) and Baylor +10 against Auburn. Those two are gimmes as far as I'm concerned... one problem, though. They're the only two college games of the night. So, I reluctantly decide to check out the NBA lines for the third part of my teaser.

I immediately eliminate two of the four games... Detroit/Chicago and Utah/Houston. That leaves the Lakers -7.5 at Oklahoma City, or the Spurs at home, giving 8.5 to the Warriors. Well, to make a long story short, I go with the Spurs. They just lost two straight home games, but against good teams in Boston and Houston. This is a bounce-back game for them... a game they need to win to stay even with Houston. No way they lose three in a row at home. With the seven points, I need them to win by more than 1.5 points... basically two.

Fast forward to the end of the game... it's been back and forth all night. The Spurs lead by one with five seconds left, and Kurt Thomas is at the line. Bricks the first free throw. Misses the second one as well, and the game ends with Monta Ellis missing a desperation three. Final score, Spurs 107-106. :wacko: I miss by a point, and lose the bet. :D

I decided to do a little 3-team 7-point teaser tonight, just to make the NIT games interesting... Plus, I really liked the odds, with Penn State getting 10.5 and Baylor getting 3 points. So, with the 7 additional points, I've got PSU +17.5 against Florida (which I'm thinking is free money, since there's no way Penn State loses by 18 or more) and Baylor +10 against Auburn. Those two are gimmes as far as I'm concerned... one problem, though. They're the only two college games of the night. So, I reluctantly decide to check out the NBA lines for the third part of my teaser.

I immediately eliminate two of the four games... Detroit/Chicago and Utah/Houston. That leaves the Lakers -7.5 at Oklahoma City, or the Spurs at home, giving 8.5 to the Warriors. Well, to make a long story short, I go with the Spurs. They just lost two straight home games, but against good teams in Boston and Houston. This is a bounce-back game for them... a game they need to win to stay even with Houston. No way they lose three in a row at home. With the seven points, I need them to win by more than 1.5 points... basically two.

Fast forward to the end of the game... it's been back and forth all night. The Spurs lead by one with five seconds left, and Kurt Thomas is at the line. Bricks the first free throw. Misses the second one as well, and the game ends with Monta Ellis missing a desperation three. Final score, Spurs 107-106. :wacko: I miss by a point, and lose the bet. :D

Finally the Warriors were good for something..... err, wait a minute..... rough one there.

Fast forward to the end of the game... it's been back and forth all night. The Spurs lead by one with five seconds left, and Kurt Thomas is at the line. Bricks the first free throw. Misses the second one as well, and the game ends with Monta Ellis missing a desperation three. Final score, Spurs 107-106. :D I miss by a point, and lose the bet. :D

The NBA is rigged. :wacko:

People still watch the NBA?

Apparently since both SportsCenter and The Mag have a mojority of NBA content. I will not be renewing The Mag. Sadly, I cannot get away from SportsCenter. I just cant. Is there a 12 step or something I should be looking at?