[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any reason why I'm not staying logged into the forums?

is it FF 3.0.7? if so thats what I am using and I stay logged in(not sure if I have the same version on my laptop but that is what is on my pc)

I had 3.0.7 and just upgraded to 3.0.8. Does it happen after a re-boot or just when you leave and come back?

I had 3.0.7 and just upgraded to 3.0.8. Does it happen after a re-boot or just when you leave and come back?

For me, it's every website I stay logged into with a username and password, mostly the huddle, and MFL being quite the annoying ones. Everytime I close the browser, I'm done. Mozilla support suggested there's a "bad cookie", but I hardly think that a single entity would do anything about keeping me not logged in to any site.

If it's every web site, then it's more likely to be some global setting in the browser options.

Check these things:

Tools > Options > Privacy tab

Do you have it set to accept cookies?

Do you have it set to clear private data when you close Firefox?

Those are the only two things I can think of which would effect every page. If all else fails, why not try and clear ALL the cookies and see if the problem goes away.

Are you using any progs (TSR's) in the background like CCleaner, Cleanup, security programs, etc. that may be clearing your cache/cookies?

If it's every web site, then it's more likely to be some global setting in the browser options.

Check these things:

Tools > Options > Privacy tab

Do you have it set to accept cookies?

Do you have it set to clear private data when you close Firefox?

Those are the only two things I can think of which would effect every page. If all else fails, why not try and clear ALL the cookies and see if the problem goes away.

Done all that....

Are you using any progs (TSR's) in the background like CCleaner, Cleanup, security programs, etc. that may be clearing your cache/cookies?

I have AVG running, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that running.

Literally, every time I shut down firefox, I lose my login status with every site. That to me says it's a firefox issue, but they aren't aware of other occurances with this outside of "bad cookies". One bad cookie for a website I understand, but not for all of them....

Done all that....

I have AVG running, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that running.

Literally, every time I shut down firefox, I lose my login status with every site. That to me says it's a firefox issue, but they aren't aware of other occurances with this outside of "bad cookies". One bad cookie for a website I understand, but not for all of them....

Check the settings for AVG. It might be set for clearing cache, cookies, et. al. on exit.

I had huge problems with AVG and once I removed it all my problems went away - super slow loading pages, some graphics never loading, etc. I went with Avast and love it so far without any problems.

I get logged out too, but Im using IE7. Im not sure if it happens every time I close my browser, but it seems to happen when I leave work and go home, and when I come back to work. I leave my browser open.

Just started happening this week I think.

I get logged out too, but Im using IE7. Im not sure if it happens every time I close my browser, but it seems to happen when I leave work and go home, and when I come back to work. I leave my browser open.

Happening to me on IE6 and Firefox this week too.

Yep same here. It appears that you can no longer be logged in from more than one location. I can understand that for paid content but not sure what the point is for the free message boards.

Yep same here. It appears that you can no longer be logged in from more than one location. I can understand that for paid content but not sure what the point is for the free message boards.

Nah, this is happening all over. Not just the huddle. this is just the place I noticed it because I notice it more frequently.

The Huddle is the only place where I keep getting logged out. Its getting a little irritating.

Does anyone know why or does The Huddle care to elaborate on what the problem may be?

This is likely a result of our increasing the security on the boards. When we made the updates it created "stronger" cookie security to help prevent cookie theft. So being logged in on multiple computers is likely deemed a security risk now by the system.

This is likely a result of our increasing the security on the boards. When we made the updates it created "stronger" cookie security to help prevent cookie theft. So being logged in on multiple computers is likely deemed a security risk now by the system.

Or via different IPs. I logged on using my Verizon broadband card - after being logged in from my home cable internet - and had to log in again.

Or via different IPs. I logged on using my Verizon broadband card - after being logged in from my home cable internet - and had to log in again.

yep, when my DSL frequently disconnects, it usually reconnects to a different IP, and I have to log back in.

i dont know why it is happening to some of you but all I can say is I keep 2-3 computers at home logged in (cox) and when I log in at work (verizon) they all stay logged in for me

I bought the AVG pay stuff last night and it has now begun happening to me on more than just thehuddle.

I'm thinking at least my problem is AVG related. I don't get bumped off while I am here but I do have to log in each time I come back.

happening here also but just thehuddle. all my other sites seem to keep me logged in

Same here

+1

very annoying only at huddle

+2 I use my work PC, home PC/laptop & iphone. I change computers probably 10-15 times a day. It sucks to have to re enter my info every time I log in.

• WJW locked this topic