[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Origins of Huddler Names?

cre8tiff

Yep, DMD, please change his name to Rusty Trombone

:wacko: Actually, CR made this request a couple years ago and DMD said it couldn't be done. Actually needed to be a more extreme case as someone else got his name changed in the meantime.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Actually, CR made this request a couple years ago and DMD said it couldn't be done. Actually needed to be a more extreme case as someone else got his name changed in the meantime.

If ya'll are using the names as primary key in the database (which would be the only reason it couldn't be changed), then ya'll have one f*cked up schema. Very poor practice. That DBA should be drawn and quartered. :wacko:

:wacko: Actually, CR made this request a couple years ago and DMD said it couldn't be done. Actually needed to be a more extreme case as someone else got his name changed in the meantime.

As I often tell my 2 and 4 year olds: "Can't means won't".

Memphis Elite came my Freshman year in college. I played fantasy football for some serious money on my college campus. I end up winning about 2k that year and people started calling me Memphis Elite. Because I was from Memphis and I was Elite at what I was doing. My name would change now if I could because now I am called by some Memphis Elite U. I can take the worst team on a fantasy football team and tear it apart and make it a championship team on year 3. Where it will be a true dynasty to win multiple championships in a 4 to 5 year period. So in other words my name has aged with me. Makes me feel old writing this now.

I would like to impregnate you right now and make a baby that will rule the world.

You are so awesome that I just tattooed your name on my ass.

But your story does raise more questions than it answers:

1. Your name isn't Memphis Elite. It's loyalboyd. This makes the story of how you got the name "Memphis Elite" a little weird.

2. I've never heard of a human male ever giving anyone else a positive nickname for taking their money. If you took "serious money" away from your college freshman buddies, I'd bet your nickname was "fantasy dork" or "dicksmoker". Not because you are, but because people don't like losing money. I'm guessing that maybe nobody in your whole life has ever called you "Memphis Elite" out loud.

Did I ever tell you guys why my username here is Superior Awesomeness?

This post deserves the Superior Awesomeness Post of the Day Award! It's 8:15AM here and really, it's all down hill from here. I'm shutting off my interweb because that was some funny sheet.

1. Your name isn't Memphis Elite. It's loyalboyd. This makes the story of how you got the name "Memphis Elite" a little weird.

2. I've never heard of a human male ever giving anyone else a positive nickname for taking their money. If you took "serious money" away from your college freshman buddies, I'd bet your nickname was "fantasy dork" or "dicksmoker". Not because you are, but because people don't like losing money. I'm guessing that maybe nobody in your whole life has ever called you "Memphis Elite" out loud.

:wacko:

That was the funniest post I've read in a while. Well done.

I'm a famous musician who toured with the band Menudo. I went on to a solo career and had a hit song, "Livin' La Vida Loca"

And no matter what anyone tells you, it's not because I Do Men. :wacko: NTTAWWT

I'm a famous musician who toured with the band Menudo. I went on to a solo career and had a hit song, "Livin' La Vida Loca"

And no matter what anyone tells you, it's not because I Do Men. :wacko: NTTAWWT

:D aka fraternity pledge name.

:wacko:

You sir, get props for this reply. I rarely laugh out loud to anything I read on the innernets, but ya got me on this one.

Broncos still got over on the Cutler deal though.

• 1 month later...

I moved to Phoenix AZ from Indianapolis IN in 1997. I found it easier and cheaper to stay in touch with friends from home by way of AOL instant messager. I'm 6'6" tall and I live "in AZ" or "NAZ". So I created a screen name of ShorttyNAZ. I know Shorty is spelled with one t, but for whatever reason I used 2 t's - therefore i'm ShorttyNAZ.

Since then the handle or screen name has stuck with everything I do online - Xbox Live, other forums, etc.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Beer Swilling Miscreants was the name of my first FF team in honor of my fellow league mates. I later realized that I too was just as much of one as anyone else.

Later shortened to BS because of how it relates to posting on the boards and the fact that it annoyed me that my name took up two lines when posting.