[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

...but it's still fun to learn who is smart...

Mr Hammock

I was just reading a blog and although the writer isn't quite polished yet, he did have a way of grabbing my attention. This was a fun read so I thought I would pass it along.

"One of my favorite times of the year is when Wonderlic scores come out. I know the Wonderlic doesn't really mean anything in the long run (I know this personally because Alex Smith scored a 40 on his, and look how well he's done for my 49ers), but it's still fun to learn who is smart and who is a complete dumbass. And man, do we have plenty of both for you."

http://www.faniq.com/blog/2009-NFL-Wonderl...sses-Blog-20999

And since there is NO Way anyone is going to click on the link now, here is the complete article:

Author Unknown:

One of my favorite times of the year is when Wonderlic scores come out. I know the Wonderlic doesn't really mean anything in the long run (I know this personally because Alex Smith scored a 40 on his, and look how well he's done for my 49ers), but it's still fun to learn who is smart and who is a complete dumbass. And man, do we have plenty of both for you.

First up, Matt Stafford proved that he's definitely pretty smart. Stafford scored a 38 on the Wonderlic which obviously boosts his stock. USC's Mark Sanchez scored a 28 and Kansas State's Josh Freeman a 27, which is about average for QBs.

By the way, here are some other interesting QB scores from over the years.

Michael Vick - 20

Marcus Vick - 11

Steve Young - 33

Drew Brees - 28

Tom Brady - 33

Chad Pennington - 25 (Remember, Pennington was once a finalist for the Rhodes Scholarship. Yikes.)

Drew Bledsoe - 37

Donovan McNabb - 14

David Garrard - 14

Dan Marino - 16

Eli Manning - 39

Jeff George - 10

Vince Young - allegedly got a 6, then retested and got a 15

Chris Leak - 8

John Elway - 30

Brett Favre - 22

But back to the 2009 class.

Also scoring well on the Wonderlic was Maryland cornerback Kevin Barnes, who scored a 41. I just wish that Rhodes Scholar winner Myron Rolle, who put the NFL on hold to go to Oxford next year, had taken the Wonderlic. He might pull a Kevin Curtis on it if he ever takes it (Curtis scored a 48). By the way, Pat McInally, a graduate of Harvard University who played wide receiver and punted for the Bengals, is the only football player to record a confirmed perfect score of 50.

Now let's get to the dumbasses. There are a lot more of those.

Seems the wide receiving corps is especially stupid this year. Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech scored a 15, Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland scored a 14, and Percy Harvin of Florida scored a 12. Not real good. But don't worry, there was someone who was worse. Hakeem Nicks of UNC wowed everyone with an 11. A score of 10 suggests a person is literate, so at least all of the receivers can read this, I hope.

By the way, Jeremy Maclin of Missouri scored a 25, so he's like the Einstein of this year's receiving corps.

A few other fools include linebacker Rey Maualuga, who scored a 15, and O-lineman Andre Smith, who continued his epic draft stock slide by posting a 17.

Here are a few other scores for some of 2009's top prospects.

Arizona's Eben Britton - 31

Virginia's Eugene Monroe - 24

Baylor's Jason Smith - 23

Ole Miss's Michael Oher - 19

USC's Clay Matthews - 27

USC's Brian Cushing - 23

Michigan's Louis Delmas - 12

The lowest score we know of remains Nicks, but so far it seems only Wonderlic scores for top prospects are out. I'm sure someone scored below a 10 this year. By the way, in case you were wondering, the lowest score ever on the Wonderlic came courtesy of Darren Davis, a running back from Iowa State who scored a 4.

If we find out about any players who are illiterate from this year's draft class, we'll be sure to let you know.

Yeah, I didn't find anything to spectacular about that article. Just listed a bunch of wonderlic scores, past and present. Meh.

Mr. Hammock just joined yesterday and is already driving me absolutely insane. :wacko:

He's just very involved and excited to be here.

Well other than I thought it was kind of funny,

The WR's didn't stick right out at anyone?

Jeremy Maclin is faster and smarter than the other WR's...

Maybe he becomes the first receiver taken...

Do I have to throw the bone and feed it to you too?

I for one want nothing to do with your bone. :wacko:

I for one want nothing to do with your bone. :D

Are you actually replying to yourself Irip? :wacko:

Are you actually replying to yourself Irip? :wacko:

Sorry to disappoint you. However, my days of creating other personalities are OVER. I'm done with the petty BS here.

Just be done. TIA.

+700 Billion

GTFA

Not gonna happens fellas. Get off my sack and live with it. Put me on ignore. Do whatever you have to do. JUST QUIT NAGGING ALREADY! :wacko: I don't bother with you or need you, so don't bother me. Stop following me around the boards and ruining/hyjacking threads.

Seriously.

The non-sense continues through many threads. Put irish on ignore already.

Or maybe you could put them on ignore if you don't like their nonesense, they've been here a wee bit longer than you and your buddy.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

:wacko:

I like what they have to post on about football, so ignoring them wouldn't work. How about y'all just PM irish until he cries and leave the rest of us out of it?

We've tried, it didn't work. Don't get me wrong, he cried, but didn't leave.

Edited by Hugh 0ne